Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Dynasty Stick Lineup

Hard to compare since they are different sticks...but if forced to choose, Supreme.

Here's a video of our testers in California after they got to shoot the Dynasty AX1 for the first time last summer.

http://bit.ly/14qB1XY

To add more to the Dynasty story;

We had a Demo day at the Source for Sports Show last week in Niagara Falls. All Source members were there to skate and test the latest gear from every manufacturer. Over and over, the members came over to the bench to return their stick after taking AX1 for a test drive and said that it was the best feeling/performing stick they had tested that day and that it was the best stick Warrior has ever made.

Very cool to hear from multiple legitimate and respected sources who don't always hand out positive comments if they don't mean it.

Nice!!! Thanks. How did they feel on flex? Pretty true?

And the flex rating (i.e. a 85 flex) starts 3 inches down now right? Since you guys are making the sticks longer now?

Nice!!! Thanks. How did they feel on flex? Pretty true?

And the flex rating (i.e. a 85 flex) starts 3 inches down now right? Since you guys are making the sticks longer now?

Very true on flex compared to DT1 (the super low focus flex of Dagger threw some players off since the bottom of the stick kicked so hard)

Yes, AX1 is a 63" stick. Most SR sticks on the market are 60" or 61".

Flex rating starts about 5-6in down.

Very true on flex compared to DT1 (the super low focus flex of Dagger threw some players off since the bottom of the stick kicked so hard)

Thought it started at the 60" mark. Good to know. Probably would have went with the 75 flex, but knowing that it starts that extra few inches down I think I'll go with the 85. Thanks so much for your feedback. Getting one of these when they come out. Sounds like a great stick.

I have a couple of Warrior sticks and shafts. My Widow, DT 1, and Mojo all seem to play to around the same stiffness, but the Evo shaft that I have seems to play softer. I suppose the Dynasty will play stiffer like the Mojo as well?

EDIT: Sitffer, I meant to say stiffer, as the Mojo has the AxySym tech as well.

I have a couple of Warrior sticks and shafts. My Widow, DT 1, and Mojo all seem to play to around the same stiffness, but the Evo shaft that I have seems to play softer. I suppose the Dynasty will play softer as well?

My Dynasty and Evo both turned to noodles after about 10 uses.

I might be in the minority here, but I hear the question asked enough to make me wonder...Are any of the new dynastys similar to the ak one piece, or has that idea been completely scrapped?

Anybody been able to compare the nexus 1000 to the ax1?

Sound similar, traditional/natural feel

I haven't tried the AX1 (used the AX2 at WF) but they don't compare in the sense that the AxySym gives the stick more kick. I'm on record stating that slapshot-wise, the stick that I've felt I've shot the hardest with is the Dynasty. I like the Nexus 1000 because it is a versatile stick - it doesn't blow you away in one particular category, just handles all pretty well.

Anybody been able to compare the ax1 to the nexus 1000? The nexus may be the easiest to load stick I've used. At least feels that way. I have a 77 flex cut down to 57 inches.

No idea why you put that in the Covert thread...

It isn't going to load like the Nexus; the Dynasty is designed to recoil hard. It isn't the same stick in that regard.

My Evo felt like a wet noodle from the start, I was pretty disappointed. Unfortunately, Warrior isn't a brand carried by the local hockey store (yes, only one store for the whole country, and they carry only Bauer), so I couldn't have tested the shaft. I'm going to need a very curved blade to be able to use the flex on this stick.

The Dynasty and Evo were both produced by a supplier that we no longer use.

Dynasty AX1 and AX2 are both made at our own factory in Mexico. Better control for quality, better materials, better process. You should be very pleased if you demo or purchase the new Generation Dynasty/AxySym product.

Anybody been able to compare the ax1 to the nexus 1000? The nexus may be the easiest to load stick I've used. At least feels that way. I have a 77 flex cut down to 57 inches.

As JR said, very hard to compare sticks (also very hard to tell someone how something "should" feel)

BUT...from the sticks we demo'd at the SFS demo event, buyer/members commented on how easy the stick felt to load and release into the puck...I heard it multiple times from multiple separate demo groups.

The Dynasty and Evo were both produced by a supplier that we no longer use.

Dynasty AX1 and AX2 are both made at our own factory in Mexico. Better control for quality, better materials, better process. You should be very pleased if you demo or purchase the new Generation Dynasty/AxySym product.

As JR said, very hard to compare sticks (also very hard to tell someone how something "should" feel)

BUT...from the sticks we demo'd at the SFS demo event, buyer/members commented on how easy the stick felt to load and release into the puck...I heard it multiple times from multiple separate demo groups.

Awesome! I'm excited to try the AX1!

I've been using the AX1 for over a month now. I also currently have in my arsenal the dt1 & the ai9.

If you like the way the DT1 has been shooting for you, you'll want to stick with that stick. The low kick sticks shoot differently then the midkicks. However if you are a midkick player, you'll want to do yourself a favor and buy the AX1.

I am preferring it over my ai9, and prefer it over previous midkicks I had like the t1. Its another great product made by Warrior. IMO strictly based off performance and quality, the top-end Warrior equipment is the best available. I have loved every product I have owned from them. When the stick becomes available you'll want to look at it and pick her up.

I've been using the AX1 for over a month now. I also currently have in my arsenal the dt1 & the ai9.

If you like the way the DT1 has been shooting for you, you'll want to stick with that stick. The low kick sticks shoot differently then the midkicks. However if you are a midkick player, you'll want to do yourself a favor and buy the AX1.

I am preferring it over my ai9, and prefer it over previous midkicks I had like the t1. Its another great product made by Warrior. IMO strictly based off performance and quality, the top-end Warrior equipment is the best available. I have loved every product I have owned from them. When the stick becomes available you'll want to look at it and pick her up.

For the record...I did not send raganblink a stick nor have I promised him my 2nd born in exchange for glowing review comments.

Kidding aside...thanks for the kind words. :smile:

Not trying to blow smoke, but I keep hearing that the AX1 is: "The best stick Warrior has ever made". I heard this from a couple SFS dealers at the Demo. These guys are also the first to tell me when something is not to their liking (not going to name which models but I'm keeping those off my resume)

You're welcome. My rep is awesome :)

The ax1 is amazing... if you let a team objectively test out the midkick & lowkick version of each companies sticks (ai9/20k, mako/rs, nxg/apx, rbz/cl, ax1/dt1) I would bet money that over half the team would end up preferring the Warriors. Both are great products.

looking at the catalogue, the ax3 sounds pretty similar to the old dolomite/dynasty (with axysym). if i was a fan of the old dragon dolomite, would the ax3 be the closest thing? would the two piece set up be closer?

These guys are also the first to tell me when something is not to their liking (not going to name which models but I'm keeping those off my resume)

Richie giving people a hard time, I don't believe it.

yes, same thing with me, brand new dynasty, cracked/delaminated only after a few games. I really hope they fixed their durability issues, but i have personally lost so much money with warrior sticks i am not ready to give it a try just yet.

5x7p60.jpg

Will they warranty replace for this kind of issue? My widow that I just bought looks like this after one game :mellow:

Will they warranty replace for this kind of issue? My widow that I just bought looks like this after one game :mellow:

Yes. that is a manufacturers defect. Happened to my Diablo and they warrantied it no questions asked.

Hey Miseaujeu, would you say the Supreme sticks (with amplified mid-kick by stiffened lower portion of the shaft) would be a more comparable flex profile than the Nexus? I understand that the HiFused is different than stiffed material, but would an NXG feel more similar than the Nexus 1000?