Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Dynasty Stick Lineup

As we did with the Covert stick, we will have Keith Perera, who is the Product Manager for sticks at Warrior, monitor this thread. Any questions you may have about the sticks can be answered here.

I've covered the new stick line in the Catalogue Review found here:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62372-2013-warrior-hockey-catalogue/

Keith,

Does the AxySym technology translate into the blades of your OPS' as well? ie. are there stretch and compression fibers playing a role in the blades?

Thanks again for the opportunity JR and MSH'ers. I find these product specific threads very helpful for feedback for us as well as driving our message on the product with great questions.

Keith,

Does the AxySym technology translate into the blades of your OPS' as well? ie. are there stretch and compression fibers playing a role in the blades?

AxySym stretch and compression fibers are found only in the shaft all the way down to the blade, but not in the paddle.

weights comparable to the covert line? i was a bit disappointed with the weight and to some extent the balance of the original dynasty OPS.

is the dynasty shaft and blade a carry over from the original dynasty and shaft? aside from unispar, has their been any upgrades for durability in the blade?

Adding to the question above from innotastic. Will the Dynasty shafts be right and left hand specific?

Will the Dynasty line replace the Dolo line in your custom options?

weights comparable to the covert line? i was a bit disappointed with the weight and to some extent the balance of the original dynasty OPS.

is the dynasty shaft and blade a carry over from the original dynasty and shaft? aside from unispar, has their been any upgrades for durability in the blade?

Yes...

AX1 is very similar in balance to DT1

AX2 is very similar to DT2

AX3 to DT3

AX4 to DT3

AX5 to DT5

Dynasty Shaft is not like the first-gen Dynasty. The new AX1T Shaft is back in Mexico...so it would be most similar in feel/balance to the Dolomite product.

New Dynasty Blade has slight weight improvements, 3K Fiber construction. Durability improvements are the UniSpar, HardcoreX and Aramid Sole protection. All in all, lighter and stronger.

Adding to the question above from innotastic. Will the Dynasty shafts be right and left hand specific?

Will the Dynasty line replace the Dolo line in your custom options?

Dynasty shafts are NOT AxySym Right and Left construction.

Dynasty AX2 construction will replace Dolo for the Custom program in summer 2013.

Will the blade construction/durability be improved from last years? About 6 months ago I purchased four Dynasty blades (Kremlin). Three have already broken on the underside of the hosel and the fourth (in use now) has already started to crack in the same area. I also recently bought two Dynasty 1-piece sticks in the same curve. One is in use and has developed a crack in the same area. I had hoped the construction was better on the 1-piece but so far it doesn't appear to be.

Thanks!

Will the blade construction/durability be improved from last years? About 6 months ago I purchased four Dynasty blades (Kremlin). Three have already broken on the underside of the hosel and the fourth (in use now) has already started to crack in the same area. I also recently bought two Dynasty 1-piece sticks in the same curve. One is in use and has developed a crack in the same area. I had hoped the construction was better on the 1-piece but so far it doesn't appear to be.

Thanks!

You might want to take a look at how you're shooting/playing with the stick. The problem may be more with technique than durability.

For what it is worth I had a Dynasty OPS that developed a crack/broke in the exact same area. I only used it a dozen times and I really am not hard on my sticks.

For what it is worth I had a Dynasty OPS that developed a crack/broke in the exact same area. I only used it a dozen times and I really am not hard on my sticks.

yes, same thing with me, brand new dynasty, cracked/delaminated only after a few games. I really hope they fixed their durability issues, but i have personally lost so much money with warrior sticks i am not ready to give it a try just yet.

5x7p60.jpg

You might want to take a look at how you're shooting/playing with the stick. The problem may be more with technique than durability.

Out of curiousity, how would my shot be effecting this part of the blade? It doesn't make contact with the ice, so the only thing it's really subject to is (me) slashing down on someone else's stick.

A lot of people with poor shooting form (slap shots) put the bade straight down into the ice. Doing that can result in cracks in the area in the picture due to energy transfer.

A lot of people with poor shooting form (slap shots) put the bade straight down into the ice. Doing that can result in cracks in the area in the picture due to energy transfer.

Thanks, I doing think its coming from that, but I suppose its possible Never had any issue with my sticks prior.

I have had no issues with my Diablo. I take slapshots all the time and the heel area still looks new. My stick has been through at least 20 games. I also wrap my blade pretty well. I put a layer along the bottom of the blade from heel to top of the toe and wrap it also from heel to toe. I also add an additional layer to the toe on top of all that.

Here are some details to clear up the difference between prior Dynasty OPS (which I'll call Gen1 and is replaced by AX2) and the new AX1 for 2013.

• The New Dynasty AX1 and AX2 are completely new designs.
  • Both are made in Warrior's factory in Mexico (Gen1 was made in Vietnam at an OEM).
  • Both carry our newest blade construction (which is shared with the Covert DT1 and DT2).
  • Since having the new blade testing in the NHL for the 2011-12 season, lab/robot/destructive testing, and commercializing it on the DT1 and DT2, we have see huge gains in durability and performance. Our warranty returns for DT1 and DT2 have come down drastically year over year for similar priced product. The blades have proven to be a very big improvement on our durability and performance.

If your faith in Warrior's product has been shaken...give the Covert DT1 or DT2 a test drive, no risk. You can still take advantage of the Built Better Guarantee which allows you to try a DT1 or DT2 and return it for ANY reason and get a different stick or your money back. Also gives you a chance to test out the new blade construction.

New AX1S and AX1T Replacement Blades also carries many of the construction improvements we made to the OPS. Major durability improvements here (compared to Gen1) as well.

Here are some details to clear up the difference between prior Dynasty OPS (which I'll call Gen1 and is replaced by AX2) and the new AX1 for 2013.
  • The New Dynasty AX1 and AX2 are completely new designs.
  • Both are made in Warrior's factory in Mexico (Gen1 was made in Vietnam at an OEM).
  • Both carry our newest blade construction (which is shared with the Covert DT1 and DT2).
  • Since having the new blade testing in the NHL for the 2011-12 season, lab/robot/destructive testing, and commercializing it on the DT1 and DT2, we have see huge gains in durability and performance. Our warranty returns for DT1 and DT2 have come down drastically year over year for similar priced product. The blades have proven to be a very big improvement on our durability and performance.

If your faith in Warrior's product has been shaken...give the Covert DT1 or DT2 a test drive, no risk. You can still take advantage of the Built Better Guarantee which allows you to try a DT1 or DT2 and return it for ANY reason and get a different stick or your money back. Also gives you a chance to test out the new blade construction.

New AX1S and AX1T Replacement Blades also carries many of the construction improvements we made to the OPS. Major durability improvements here (compared to Gen1) as well.

I'm glad to hear that Warrior has made these improvements. Recently I did buy a DT1, so I will see how it holds up. The main reason my last couple of sticks have been Warrior is because they take their time and effort to support and educate their customers through this site. It is something that myself, and I am sure many others really appreciate.

Yes...

AX1 is very similar in balance to DT1

AX2 is very similar to DT2

AX3 to DT3

AX4 to DT3

AX5 to DT5

Dynasty Shaft is not like the first-gen Dynasty. The new AX1T Shaft is back in Mexico...so it would be most similar in feel/balance to the Dolomite product.

New Dynasty Blade has slight weight improvements, 3K Fiber construction. Durability improvements are the UniSpar, HardcoreX and Aramid Sole protection. All in all, lighter and stronger.

Dynasty shafts are NOT AxySym Right and Left construction.

Dynasty AX2 construction will replace Dolo for the Custom program in summer 2013.

Awesome News Thanks for the Info!! Cant wait for the summer of 2013

I'm glad to hear that Warrior has made these improvements. Recently I did buy a DT1, so I will see how it holds up. The main reason my last couple of sticks have been Warrior is because they take their time and effort to support and educate their customers through this site. It is something that myself, and I am sure many others really appreciate.

Thank you very much. I'm glad I can help and support the community as best I can. I don't always have all the answers, but smarter people around me help :)

I've been active on this board since the beginning, when I worked for another company :ph34r: , and I know how helpful information exchange can be for our consumers as well for me on the product direction side. Symbiosis incarnate.

Is the new Dynasty AX1 flex profile more similar to the Bauer supreme line or nexus line?

Hard to compare since they are different sticks...but if forced to choose, Supreme.

Here's a video of our testers in California after they got to shoot the Dynasty AX1 for the first time last summer.

http://bit.ly/14qB1XY

To add more to the Dynasty story;

We had a Demo day at the Source for Sports Show last week in Niagara Falls. All Source members were there to skate and test the latest gear from every manufacturer. Over and over, the members came over to the bench to return their stick after taking AX1 for a test drive and said that it was the best feeling/performing stick they had tested that day and that it was the best stick Warrior has ever made.

Very cool to hear from multiple legitimate and respected sources who don't always hand out positive comments if they don't mean it.