Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Predictions

Might as well get the ball rolling on Division, Conference and Cup winners now. I haven't even looked at the rosters yet, mine will have to come in a couple days

I'll bite; I'll just give my SC prediction:

I think the hockey gods will make up for 1995 and the Rangers will represent the East; going by how hard Torts runs them (ending in loss of steam by playoffs), a shortened season should work in their favor. And in the West, St. Louis looks good to me. It'd be a tough Final for me though, childhood team vs friend. (I'll take the latter.)

Very quick....also haven't really broken down numbers or rosters....just throwing it out there:

NE - Buffalo

ATL- Pittsburgh

SE - Tampa

CEN - St. Louis

NW - Edmonton

PAC - LA

NE - Bruins

ATL - Rangers

SE - Jets (I freely admit this division confuses me)

CEN - Blues

PAC - Kings

NW - Canucks

Boston and Vancouver to win their conferences. Cup Final to be St. Louis and Boston, with St. Louis taking it, and the Conn Smythe shared, for the first time, between Halak and Elliott as an apology for the Vezina screw-up last season.

Central: St. Louis blues
Northwest: Canucks
Pacific: Kings

Conference: Kings

Atlantic: Rangers
Northeast: Boston
Southeast: Washington

Conference: Rangers

Cup: Rangers

CEN: St. Louis

PAC: Phoenix

NW: Vancouver

Conference: St. Louis

NE: Boston

ATL: NY Rangers

SE: Tampa Bay

Conference: NY Rangers

Cup: NY Rangers (Reality)

Tampa Bay (Wishful thinking)

Atlantic: Penguins

Southeast: Lightning

Conference: Penguins

Central: Blues

Conference: Blues

Cup: Pens

NE - Buffalo

ATL- NYR

SE - Washington

Eastern Conference: NYR

CEN - St. Louis

NW - Vancouver

PAC - San Jose

Western Conference: St. Louis

Cup Finals: Washington vs. St. Louis with St. Louis winning and Halak getting the Conn Smythe trophy.

Atlantic: Rangers

Southeast: Carolina

Conference: Rangers

Central: STL

Conference: Blues

Rangers over Blues...6 games

So I should pick the Blue Jackets Oilers and Ducks...? Bold enough for you?

With so many young legs and so much raw talent, the Oilers could contend make some noise in their division if they shoot out of the gate.

Wow, blues canucks and kings? Bold.

I could see Chicago or St Louis winning the Central. I flipped the coin and it came up Blues. I don't think Edmonton is ready to win the division yet, but will be better. Calgary will be better, but still don't have the talent of the Canucks, Minnesota could be a surprise contender as well. There hasn't been a ton of turnover in Vancouver and that can make a difference with a short camp. The Pacific was pretty tight last year, the last few months off could preclude or prolong a Kings Cup hangover. I guess we'll see.

With so many young legs and so much raw talent, the Oilers could contend make some noise in their division if they shoot out of the gate.

That's the only way I see them contending for a division title. I think they can be a dark horse and sneak into the playoffs, but they still don't have solid goaltending. I know, bold statement coming from a Flyers fan.

In a couple of years, that team is going to be downright scary.

ATL - Pittsburgh

NE - Boston

SE - Carolina

CEN - STL or Chicago . . . .most likely STL.

NW - Vancouver (even though I hate to admit it)

Pacific - LA

Cup Final - LA vs NYR

Cup Winner - NYR

I could see Chicago or St Louis winning the Central. I flipped the coin and it came up Blues. I don't think Edmonton is ready to win the division yet, but will be better. Calgary will be better, but still don't have the talent of the Canucks, Minnesota could be a surprise contender as well. There hasn't been a ton of turnover in Vancouver and that can make a difference with a short camp. The Pacific was pretty tight last year, the last few months off could preclude or prolong a Kings Cup hangover. I guess we'll see.

My theory is that, teams like Oilers don't have to win the division, but just take enough games from previous top teams to unseat them. Someone else would take their spots instead. For example, Edm and Col take games of Van, Min takes NW. Dal and Phx take games off LA, Ana takes Pac, etc.

Just guessing: NYR, Ott, Was, Chi, Min, SJS.

I don't know what to say about this but as a lifelong Blues fan, seeing so many people pick the Note is kinda scary. I am just hopeful they can keep it up.