Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

You missed the point. The point is that if nobody buys it, there's no fraud. And if someone actually does buy it, the recourse is to the buyer who, if upon buying the helmet, figures out what we all know (that it isn't Ovechkin's) then eBay's buyer protection plan kicks in. There actually has to be a harm before there's a fraud. Get it now?

Right now the only harm is to the sensibilities of people who get annoyed when people say something is game used and it isn't. I don't mind that.

And I don't know why I'm even bothering to answer the stupid question, but no, this isn't my helmet.

You probably need to learn what fraud actually means and what it takes to prove it. All you've shown is that the helmet probably isn't authentic. That's not the same as proving the seller is attempting a fraud.

I guess that the apparent glee that you seem to take in trolling ebay and contacting sellers and reporting on it here ad nauseum is something I find personally irritating. Sorry. It reeks of "look how much I know nah nah nah na na."

On the contrary, it shows how much she doesn't know.

I work for a bank and I have a an experienced idea of what Fraud is.

If you buy an item that is not what they claim it is...it is fraud.

If someone continues to claim an item is authentic (autographs, equipment, memorabilia, etc) and sell it with known or unkown intention that is it not authentic...it is fraud.

I have dealt daily with people disputing fake jerseys they thought were authentic and autographs from places that have been known to produce false CoA. Although this seller appears to just have one item, it is strange how none of her previous transactions have been hockey, which would make it suspicious altogether.

If you're saying that the person has to FIRST buy an fraudulent item so they are out their $300-600 bucks and a ruined Christmas on top of it so that they have to prove to eBay (whose overseas call centre from India are NHL gear experts nonetheless) so that they learn the hard way.....LOL are you serious bro?

I've done this before years ago when I bought portable DVD player which I never received and only got part of my money back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-pro-stock-hockey-skates-Bauer-Vapor-X60-/110790012295?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cb996d87#ht_500wt_1413

Saw these skates on ebay, and there aren't pictures. They're listed as x:60's, but they're entirely black and apparently they have skate guards stitched in?!

Has anybody on MSH seen anything like this before? If it's legitimate, wearble, and effective this could be one of the cooler things I've seen pop up on ebay.

The look very stealthy, I would be very interested to know what these are as well. Possibly some sort of prototype x:60 form before they were released??!!

Never mind, the ebay description says that it is attached skate fenders. Essentially just hard plastic shells stitched to the boot itself.

I got a message from the seller (he's a member on this forum who sent me a private message, so I won't share his name). He said that they aren't just traditional skate guards stitched onto the boot, but hard black plastic specially cut and sewn around the entirety of the boot.Apparently the skate is still comfortable, but way stiffer than the average boot.

Sounds like a very interesting modification.

The stitched on guards must make the boot too stiff or we would see other pros using this set up more often.

Who knows?

Re-opened the eBay topic and merged the skate topic into it. Any continuation of the previous fight will result in warnings and/or suspensions. There is no reason to make these arguments personal.

ZombiaAttack - Not sure what you are implying, and I don't know how familiar you are with pro hockey gear, or specifically with pro sticks, but with all due respect - this happens more frequently than you realize. Pros receive sticks wrong handed from time to time.

This is a legit Warrior pro stick. It was probably used by someone in practice. Just because it says Nilsson doesn't mean he used it. Ray Whitney and Radim Vrbata use each others demos all the time in practice.

ZombiaAttack - Not sure what you are implying, and I don't know how familiar you are with pro hockey gear, or specifically with pro sticks, but with all due respect - this happens more frequently than you realize. Pros receive sticks wrong handed from time to time.

What? These are sticks for teammates? Or hockey companies not taking 20 seconds to figure how he shoots?

So I called the person out on the gloves. Didn't expect this:

Hello, how is your weekend going? Mine is going well. Wow! I sincerely thought that my gloves were what I was advertising them to be, as this is what I was told that they were from the seller that I purchased them from in March, 2010 off of eBay (I guess that just because a seller [such as the one that I dealt with] has a high feedback rating does NOT mean that they are not prone to lying, perhaps? Or perhaps they, too - like me - were totally deceived as well).

Anyways, thanks for the information, and I have since cancelled that auction and listed an up-to-date one with the real info. I am not a liar, I was just deceived by someone else. I hate lying! Revelation 21:8 proclaims that "all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death". This verse scares me!!

I take lying (that is, for me NOT to lie) VERY seriously, as I am a born-again Christian: and if my integrity is flawed, what does that say about the name of my Lord if I (a self-proclaimed follower of him), if I lie?

Anyways, thanks again for being honest with me, I appreciate it!

thanks a have a blessed Christmas,

Nicholas :)

- from_berea