Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Their is a small crack where you connect your visor to the helmet but that doesn't affect anything,,most visors do that after time..

So you are saying it is broken???

lol! nice!

i literally just almost fell out of my chair and people in the hospital i work at are straring at me for laughing so hard! could you imagine hearing doc emerick or dave strader or any other announcer say 'sausage pass" or 'rocket clapper'?? haha... nothing like a guy who doesnt know hockey trying to sell hockey gear

Wait, whats wrong with rocket clapper? I'm not into "fresh lingo" or anything, but I've seen a lot of guys use that term. Colby Armstrong sells "Half-clapper Top-Cheddar" shirts.

I'm not surprised to read "sausage pass" either really, the way people butcher words these days. I wish I could think of the ridiculous word I heard the other day by some kid at the rink... it escapes me.

Haha, I think it has more to do with the fact that while you hear 'rocket' and 'clapper' being used independently to describe a 'slapper' they're not used together.

Can you imagine :

SICK SAUCE BRO --> SICK SAUSAGE BRO

or the Epic Meal Time version : SICK SAWWWWWWCE BRO

:laugh:

Haha, I think it has more to do with the fact that while you hear 'rocket' and 'clapper' being used independently to describe a 'slapper' they're not used together.

Can you imagine :

SICK SAUCE BRO --> SICK SAUSAGE BRO

or the Epic Meal Time version : SICK SAWWWWWWCE BRO

:laugh:

EMT FTW.

And I think I'm gonna start saying "rocket clapper", just because I can.

Wow! a 100.00 hockey set up for 189.00. Must be an expensive sticker covering up the bauer logos! Is this even legal?

Edit for it actually being an 80.00 combo.

The company seems to do it all the time ( I have family that rodeo's the helmet can not be used for Ice they take off all stickers on the back of the helmet). Saddle barn and other company's buy them and sell them to customers. Most of the time they throw a different face mask on. Here's the real listing on Saddle Barn http://www.saddlebarn.com/proddetail.asp?prod=10-79

The company seems to do it all the time ( I have family that rodeo's the helmet can not be used for Ice they take off all stickers on the back of the helmet). Saddle barn and other company's buy them and sell them to customers. Most of the time they throw a different face mask on. Here's the real listing on Saddle Barn http://www.saddlebar....asp?prod=10-79

it even has the old flying bauer logo on the side.

Look at the seller....PowerPlayAuctions

they have been accused of Schill Bidding and based on lots of members have noticed their Rangers gloves for the most part always go to ridiculous prices:

Read the top first about the automatic bidding (these are actual bids) Then take a look at the bids on Jan 2 from n***d. They bid $120 and then increase the bid to $145 in about 2 minutes. Why would someone that actually wants to win this auction outbid themselves and increase the price they could pay by $25? Then someone else comes in and does the same exact thing, three bids in 15 seconds up to $170.

ebay.png

You may not want to be so quick to accuse someone of being a shill.

You need to show automatic bids, so you can see what's going on. That bidder simply increased his bid several times because the other bidder's bid increased automatically to outbid him. You should know from bidding yourself, that you can increase your maximum bid, but it won't increase your actual bid unless there's someone bidding against you that forces it up.

EDIT: link added: http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=260926338431&showauto=true

Here's what I posted about this seller:

"I've been trying to find a pair of Rangers Franchises for a while now and have only ever see PowerPlayAuctions list any.

4 times have I tried to win, each time I come up empty. Every single time I would bid around $230 tops or so and noticed a certain trend. Bids would start at 99 cents and I have bid my top bid at the beginng, middle, and end of the auction.

When I bid my max at the beginning of the auction, within minutes the price would start climbing and climbing till I was no longer the winning bidder...all with 3 days left...bids remained pretty slow till right at the end. Ended around $255

I then decided to wait till around the middle of the auction with about a day left...bid $255 and almost immmediately bids started to climb up higher and higher until I was no longer the winning bidder...I decided to up the bid to $285 for shiz and gigs and wouldn't you know the same thing happend again.

I then decided to wait till the very end...auction was around $115 with 30 min left...15 min left and price shot up to $175, in the last minute I gave it a $235 bid yet somehow I lost in the final last seconds, ended at 240 or so.

On my 4th time I decided to make a decent bid, then retract....I bid $150 and within minutes I was outbidded...with 3 days left. I retracted my bid and the price went back down to under $50....it remained till the final day. final price was $215 with me bidding $200 in the last 5 min.

I did hear that some people have been getting "2nd chance offers" which leads me to believe that someone is inflating the prices and then selling it to the 2nd highest bidder. I was usually the 3rd highest bidder so I never got a notification.

Doesn't this seem fishy? I know for a fact they pay no where near the price of what those gloves sell and I have seen this on other items I have bidded on."

And since we have reported the seller, all their gloves are now starting at a high price, coincidence?

When another pair of gloves was around $275 with 5 days left, you know that's not normal

That's a lot more information, and it does make it more interesting; it also sounds like you're not the only one trying different bidding patterns and tactics on different auctions. The auction where you retracted your bid is especially interesting.

Have you tried making your top bid with just a few seconds left?

If the gloves didn't get relisted, that should indicate that they got sold to a legitimate bid that was higher than yours. Of course, that doesn't mean that any shill bidding had no effect.