Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Looks legit, my guess.... someone won it in a charity raffle or auction and either has no use for it, or is more interested in turning a profit. Mostly thinking the latter. Seems shady.

It's a pretty solid deal, a pair of $900 skates for $600. I can imagine Bauer wouldn't be thrilled about someone making money off something they probably donated for charity, but I would think they'd honor it all the same.

It's a pretty solid deal, a pair of $900 skates for $600. I can imagine Bauer wouldn't be thrilled about someone making money off something they probably donated for charity, but I would think they'd honor it all the same.

I actually won one of these in a charity auction before. They were for any pair of Bauer skates. It was in the time frame when the One90 and XXX skate were out. When I won the certificate the, "XXX and One90 were on back order" according to Bauer. So I had to settle for one70s. I wasn't too disappointed considering I paid $100 for the certificate.

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2279wt_1115

Bid activity looks fishy to me. What do you guys think ?

I messaged him telling him: I am going to remove my bid because it looks fishy. If the other bids get retracted I will re bid.

His response : I dont inflate anything. Get a clue buddy. I have over 1000 positive feedback. Nice threats why did u bid???? Dont threaten me i dont need you as a customer i am an honest seller end of story

My response :

ok np bud you lost a customer. I will laugh when you are reposting the stick next week because YOU are the buyer.

he lives by me..i have delt with him many times..all his stuff is legit..i have about a dozen sticks from him

I messaged him telling him: I am going to remove my bid because it looks fishy. If the other bids get retracted I will re bid.

His response : I dont inflate anything. Get a clue buddy. I have over 1000 positive feedback. Nice threats why did u bid???? Dont threaten me i dont need you as a customer i am an honest seller end of story

My response :

ok np bud you lost a customer. I will laugh when you are reposting the stick next week because YOU are the buyer.

I'm not saying his stuff isn't legit. I am saying it looks like he bid on his own item to make the price higher thats all.

Below is the person who bid on the item ( who I believe is himself ) information. You can find this on the bid history.

30-Day Summary Total bids: s.gif2 Items bid on: s.gif1 Bid activity (%) with this seller: s.gif100% s.gif Bid retractions: s.gif0 Bid retractions (6 months): s.gif0 s.gif

If you click on the bid history on the item the only bids are from a buyer who has only bid on 1 item ever (which is this one). I had placed earlier bids and he kept outbidding me. It seems like he created that account just to bid on the stick. A lot of sellers make accounts to do this with. Just alil fishy thats all. Just wondering if any other members have dealt with him and what not and if this looks fishy to them

I clicked on a few of his past items, and don't see a anything to indicate shill bidding. So the only thing you're going on is that someone with a feedback of 4 bid you up a bit on an item?

What looks fishy is your 4 bid retractions in the past 6 months. What, do you bid on an item, and then retract it if anyone else bids on the same item? Here's a tip, only bid what you are willing to pay for the item.

The first time I saw automatic bidding, I thought something was fishy--but then I figured out what was goin on when I placed a high winning bid, but the price (for me) was kept low.

Automatic bidding people!

I thought the whole idea behind eBay was to outbid someone to win the item. I don't get why every auction is rigged because someone doesn't win. I have had an eBay account for about 5 years and have only bought 4 items over that time. I guess that makes me a fake account and cheat every auction because I haven't racked up feedback in the thousands.

i know his prices are inflated, but that is the nature of the beast in regards to ebay. once he had a pair of wings winter classic socks starting big 100 bucks, when i went to the joe they were selling for 25... same with other equipment. but thats how it just is and they have to make a profit or making the trips to acquire the product isnt financially feasible.

I clicked on a few of his past items, and don't see a anything to indicate shill bidding. So the only thing you're going on is that someone with a feedback of 4 bid you up a bit on an item?

What looks fishy is your 4 bid retractions in the past 6 months. What, do you bid on an item, and then retract it if anyone else bids on the same item? Here's a tip, only bid what you are willing to pay for the item.

Here's a tip for you goblue, read the question that is being asked next time. What bid retractions have to do with this is beyond me. My bid retractions were on items that needed to be retracted, one of them being this item. My feedback is 100% genius. It's not the 4 feedback part it's the fact that this "buyer" has 100 % bid activity with that seller. So i guess this person only bids on this guys items whenever he buys something on ebay. I guess I'm the only one who finds that funny. I thought that this fourm was to ask people questions and get other opinions not to be a smart ass.

I thought the whole idea behind eBay was to outbid someone to win the item. I don't get why every auction is rigged because someone doesn't win. I have had an eBay account for about 5 years and have only bought 4 items over that time. I guess that makes me a fake account and cheat every auction because I haven't racked up feedback in the thousands.

In those 5 years have you only bid on items from 1 seller ? I highly doubt that

Here's a tip for you goblue, read the question that is being asked next time. What bid retractions have to do with this is beyond me. My bid retractions were on items that needed to be retracted, one of them being this item. My feedback is 100% genius. It's not the 4 feedback part it's the fact that this "buyer" has 100 % bid activity with that seller. So i guess this person only bids on this guys items whenever he buys something on ebay. I guess I'm the only one who finds that funny. I thought that this fourm was to ask people questions and get other opinions not to be a smart ass.

Yeah but 100% of his bids have been on that one item. Just saying.

I don't know man. It says the dude has only bid on that stick in the last 30 days. Couldn't it be possible that someone is new to eBay? I don't think it's fair to jump to calling the seller a fraud when we only have limited info. That guy has been around for awhile and I've watched many of his auctions and they seem legit. The only beef I have with him is that his prices seem high.

Look, not trying to be a smartass, it's obvious you don't understand the info that you are looking at. The heading for the column you are looking at is "30-day summary"... so in the past 30 days that ebayer has made 2 bids on 1 item (the item in question) so 100% of their bids over the past 30-days have been to this seller. This in no way indicates a shill bid. Looking at a few of the sellers other recent sales on similar items, there is nothing to indicate shill bidding.

@str8prostock - You seem like you're upset because you keep getting outbid for particular items. Your multiple bid retractions are evidence of that. What this all boils down to is that you are complaining because someone is willing to pay more than you for a particular item. Then you are insulting people in this thread who are offering rational opinions that you solicited.

I love this type of bidder on ebay. They get mad because they can't get something for cheap and take it personal. Ever stop to think that maybe you're not really in the market for that particular item if you aren't willing to pay going rate? I used to love people emailing me asking if I'd sell a pair of gloves for $50 when I had them listed at $125. Or a stick for $65 when I had it listed at $140.

Bottom line, st8prostock, Maybe look at something in the price point category for what you feel more comfortable spending.

Look, not trying to be a smartass, it's obvious you don't understand the info that you are looking at. The heading for the column you are looking at is "30-day summary"... so in the past 30 days that ebayer has made 2 bids on 1 item (the item in question) so 100% of their bids over the past 30-days have been to this seller. This in no way indicates a shill bid. Looking at a few of the sellers other recent sales on similar items, there is nothing to indicate shill bidding.

I agree. All the posts alleging schill bidding on every auction someone dosen't win remainds me of my buddy Dave, who was certain every woman who turned down his advances was a lesbian.

I agree. All the posts alleging schill bidding on every auction someone dosen't win remainds me of my buddy Dave, who was certain every woman who turned down his advances was a lesbian.

There's always one!

@halfmoonyte how do YOU know my reason for retracting on those items and what I can afford. I am more sceptical then you guys thats all. I am not insulting him and he did answer like a smart ass so I gave him one back simple as that. The best part is I asked for all of your guys thoughts about it and all of you are jumping down my throat talking about bid retractions and what i can and cannot afford. I just wanted know about the guy check my original post. And BTW I wound up buying the stick on my girlfriends ebay account after all of your guys positive talk about the guy. So I guess I could afford it and I AM in the market for the stick.

My response :

So you insult the seller, accuse him of schill bidding, get told by the seller he would prefer not to deal with you, and you bid and win on the same item with another account? I'm sure he appreciates the chance to get to deal with you. Stay classy.