Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elle

Your favourite tipple

Have to agree with the Kronenbourg 1664. Was on sale at my beer store, and was the only one I hadn't tried due to the fact that it is French. I was however impressed at the taste, and like the French the finish gives up nice and easy with no aftertaste.

Usual post game beers:

-Grolsh flip tops

-Heineken light

-Amstel light

-Heineken dark

-Shiner Bock

-Ziegen Bock

-Genesee Cream Ale

-HB Octoberfest

-Pilsner Urquell

-Spaten

-Czechvar

-Flying Dog Tire Bite

-St. Arnolds Special Lawnmower

At least two of the above

Edit: forgot Stella Artois

I have a new found love for Heine Lights after having one in the 'dam. It cant get an fresher than that.

I need to polish up on my Dutch beers for vacation

Nah, just Kingfisher and Red Stripe for you.

Hooray beer!!!

I'm going to be a little SW of there though.

Closer than Europe though.

This particular island is still part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, so dutch beer is considered domestic. ;)

That is the most genius argument I have heard in a looooooong time.

I remember my dad telling some stories about their visit to St Maarten when I was a kid. A bottle of coke cost more than a gallon of rum, so they mixed light and dark rum instead of rum and coke. Heineken was half the price of Budweiser, because it was considered domestic and Bud was an import. I'm not headed there but I've heard similar stories about our destination. My only hope is we don't somehow end up landing in Venezuela, I'm not into radical communism.

Ah to live in a country where a bottle of shite aka budweiser costs more than a good beer. I would rather drink a bottle of Corona with 3 limes shoved inside than drink the bilge that is known as budweiser. I used to live in St. Louis, and my statements are sacrilige, but the stuff allows me to crap through a screen door, and not hit a single wire. (Note that I refuse to capitalize budweiser due to my intense hatred of any beer that uses rice as an ingredient)

Ah to live in a country where a bottle of shite aka budweiser costs more than a good beer. I would rather drink a bottle of Corona with 3 limes shoved inside than drink the bilge that is known as budweiser. I used to live in St. Louis, and my statements are sacrilige, but the stuff allows me to crap through a screen door, and not hit a single wire. (Note that I refuse to capitalize budweiser due to my intense hatred of any beer that uses rice as an ingredient)

I'm planning a late summer pilgrimage with my father to St James Gate. Nothing like getting Guiness from the source.

Not

Fair

At

All

My family all loves wine. Every year at thanksgiving as an act of defiance, I replace the wine in my glass with either Boones Farm Blue Hawaiian, or Cisco "Red". After 6 years of this, it still pisses them off.

Not

Fair

At

All

My family all loves wine. Every year at thanksgiving as an act of defiance, I replace the wine in my glass with either Boones Farm Blue Hawaiian, or Cisco "Red". After 6 years of this, it still pisses them off.

Remember, the gallo family makes mad dog. ;)

Not

Fair

At

All

Cisco...DAMN...talk about Liquid Crack...

Not

Fair

At

All

Actually they make Thunderbird :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_wine

and Boones Farm.

R.I.P. Julio Gallo

Not

Fair

At

All

Any reference to Sanford and Son annoys the hell out of my dad. Doesn't and didn't think the show was funny at all and thinks Red Foxx was a lowlife. Strangely, Yes Dear is his favorite show :huh:

Not

Fair

At

All

Actually they make Thunderbird :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_wine

That's right, Terlato owns MD.

and Boones Farm.

R.I.P. Julio Gallo

Not

Fair

At

All

Any reference to Sanford and Son annoys the hell out of my dad. Doesn't and didn't think the show was funny at all and thinks Red Foxx was a lowlife. Strangely, Yes Dear is his favorite show :huh:

Damn...Ripple?

Redd Foxx was the MAN! Every time it's on I have to watch...even though I've seen the episode 10x.

Shame Ripple isn't made any more (leave it to the Gallo's to ruin the fun).

For beers: Tecate, Blue Moon, Molson Canadian, Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout (microbrew local to NC) and Guinness. I'll get Guinness on draft if at a bar, otherwise extra stout in bottles. I try and find Czechvar whenever I can.

Liquor, not much other than calvados and cognac. I've gone through a bottle of Hine VSOP and Hennessy XO and yes, the XO was much better.

Beers: I don't like beer. I'll drink Guinness with car bombs but that's about it.

Liquor: Cuervo Reserva, the Goose, Mr. Belvedere and Jager (we have a Jagerator at my house).. don't want to forget about whiskey.

Not

Fair

At

All

Cisco is terrifying... my old roomate got 4 cases of it for $10. The liquor store just wanted it out of their store for good.

MD 20/20 is a little more tame, but still scary. I remember drinking 3 bottles of MD back in the day at a "house warming party" (ie: come over, get drunk and paint and remodel our place).... I woke up in the middle of a nice, freshly painted room.. blue room, off white trim on the windows and doors. Apparently, I got smashed and painted the entire room myself.....then passed out on the floor. Needless to say, it was the last time I ever drank MD 20/20

I'm mainly a fan of eclectic beers. I like Blue Moon a lot, and a lot of the local micro brew Blueberry ales and whatnot.

anyways... this should give you guys a chuckle...Bumwine.com

Fred Sanford on Ripple...