Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elle

Your favourite tipple

I drank Cisco Black Cherry once and started to hallucinate.

That rules. When my roommate scored that case of it, I took and sip and said "oh no way". We decided to take the black cherry and mix it with chery Slurpees.

I got trashed, and I swore that stuff came out of my pores like whiskey. I smelled it on me for 3 days...and yeah, I showered each & every day multiple times.

My roommate, well he got wrecked, and jumped on his old school scooter (the metal ones with the bike handlebars, and small bike tires), bombed through the neighborhood, and woke up on someone's lawn.

I remember on my birthday they gave me a "satan's piss", Jack and 151 and tobasco sauce! Needless to say I was messed up for a while. Now I always buy that drink for any of my friends on their birthday.

for beer i'd have to say MGD and kokanee....but im still young so what do i know. i dont think anyones mentioned absynthe lol havnt personally tried it but apPARENTLY its wild ;)

EDIT: beer not beet

Have any of you had Newcastle Brown Ale? Delicious. A very slightly carbonated ale, very smooth. Quite nice. For liquor, even though it is kind of tacky I am appreciating Grey Goose. I could drink that every night.

Grey Goose is VERY tacky. You are only buying it for the name. Penn and Teller did an episode of "Bullshit" about this in a blind tasting. Every reviewer said that Grey Goose tasted "cheap". Try Belvedere or Luksusowa.

Grey Goose is VERY tacky. You are only buying it for the name. Penn and Teller did an episode of "Bullshit" about this in a blind tasting. Every reviewer said that Grey Goose tasted "cheap". Try Belvedere or Luksusowa.

I've seen about five different tests with goose and all had the results you mention. Everyone who normally buys it, said it was the worst tasting in the blind test. They were picking $5 bottles over goose.

Personally, I have never tried Belvedere though I plan to. And out of the other vodkas I have tasted (most low to mid end) Goose definatly tasted the best.

If that is what you think, I have 3 steps:

1. Don't drink Grey Goose while smoking

2. Don't mix Grey Goose with cranberry juice (waste of juice)

3. Try Grey Goose alone

Tastes like shit now, doesn't it. ;)

I don't really like vodka, but I'll go for Belvedere or Ketel One. If I'm feeling like a girl drink drunk I'll go vodka cran or Sprite Ketel One.

Hahahahha, you have a few more seasons of drinking behind your belt I assume. So I'm going to give it to you. Though, do you have any liquor/beer advice? I like trying exotic, unheard of drinks. Though, I prefer whatever it is to be straight (I.E: nothing flavored, yuck). And don't mind paying for it if it's quality.

JR- I find it funny that I drink Cisco, and you have an affinity for 40's and WE are bashing Grey Goose.

I haven't had a 40 in a WHILE...might have to scoop me up a bottle of Bull on the way home tomorrow.

Sorry, for whatever reason everytime your name comes up, I get that image of you at a 4th of July party with a skunked 40 of OE smuggled from New York.

for vodka, go with belvedere or chopin, or stoli for a bit cheaper stuff. of course, back in high school, i drank the $5 / fifth barton's, hah.

as far as absinthe goes, it's hard to find in the US - in vancouver, i found some stuff at BC liquor - i tried hill's (crap) and green tree distillery (slightly less crappy crap). here in the US i ordered sebor (slightly better), and you can readily get wormwood-free pernod (meh), but my favorite is kubler (swiss) that i found in basel. it's a blanche (clear, not green), but it still louches, and it's definitely the best of that bunch. then again, there's a ton more that i haven't tried. but i'd whole heartedly recommend it. in fact, i think i gotta get my relatives to send me another bottle...

Not like it matters with that stuff anyways, after a few shots you black out. My buddy said he seen Goblins coming out of the walls, I just don't remember a thing. I'm guessing this was the good stuff as it was in Europe though.

It actually does matter because you're not drinking to black out when you get it. If that were the case, some Canadian Club or toilet wine will do the same thing.

the czech stuff is more of a novelty for tourists and people that don't know about absinthe. swiss & french stuff is more of an actual drink.

most czech absinthes are mixed and macerated (rather than distilled), including green tree, hill's, and sebor, and they taste like anise-flavored rubbing alcohol. i don't know if it's the way they're produced or if they're just cheap, but they don't louche very well when mixed with water (when the drink changes color and gets cloudy). the one good thing about czech stuff - since they tend to be higher in proof, you can do the sugar-cube-on-fire thing, which i guess is kinda neat if you're with friends...

but, most of the higher rated absinthes that connoisseurs prefer are distilled rather than mixed and macerated. this includes most of the swiss and french ones. they're also not necessarily green. they'll actually taste good if you like anise (try pernod if you're curious rather than spending a lot on shipping a bottle over seas). and they tend to louche, even the blanche (clear) stuff. just drink it with a bit of water, and sugar if need be.

and you're not going to trip. different countries have different regulations on thujone content, so each brand is different, but if anything, the buzz is just a little different than regular liquor. and it's probably more the fact that you're drinking something exotic and hard to find, rather than legitimately feeling different. but, if you don't believe me - another reason to avoid czech stuff is that since it's so high in alcohol content, you'd be hammered, puking, and passed out long before you'd feel anything from the wormwood.

I will side with the guy that drank some and ended up punching every mirror and window in a pub, but I'm a man of science.