Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ibeck

2013-2014 Goalie Gear Sightings

The Bryz... I'm anxiously awaiting his return. :)

bryz.jpg

Cujo's Winter Classic/Stadium Series Legends gear... so awesome! :cool:

cujo.jpgd

do you think potivin will play in the legends game?

Petr Mrazek (Detroit Red WIngs/Grand Rapids Griffins) pads for the Winter Classic

Bbe7uwOCcAAPWSm.jpg_large.jpg

WTF??? LOL, these aren't some sort of bad joke? They remind me of those bad Christmas sweaters...

The Bryz had some new Oilers coloured Bauers for the last game.

bryz2.jpg

WTF??? LOL, these aren't some sort of bad joke? They remind me of those bad Christmas sweaters...

46534-Simpsons-McBain-THATS-THE-JOKE-ykE

wink

Loving Breezy's white mask: I hope he keeps it!

Hank in his Pinstripe OD1N's breaking them in for the Stadium Series Game

Those aren't the stadium series pads. Those are pads he had made up, then the Yankees denied the pinstriping.

Does anyone with actual knowledge of TT know what's up with all the helmet changes?

He wins a cup with a customized Mage and clearly he had enough issues with that helmet or the sight lines to change 15 times this season? Most of us can appreciate being finicky about gear, but this is getting comical... Even for a guy who leads the league in pad changes.

Does anyone with actual knowledge of TT know what's up with all the helmet changes?

He wins a cup with a customized Mage and clearly he had enough issues with that helmet or the sight lines to change 15 times this season? Most of us can appreciate being finicky about gear, but this is getting comical... Even for a guy who leads the league in pad changes.

Even more so i doubt that his nineties' Cooper helmet really meets today's protection standards.

The sightlines below the chin are decidedly different with a player helmet than a typical mask; that being said, I know ZERO goalies that even think of returning to a traditional player helmet/cage who grew up playing in goal with those. They feel shots to the head more. Ears don't ring quite as badly with the plastic helmet, but that's the trade-off. Note that I have never played goalie, but know several goalies old enough to have worn both types of goalie helmets.

What I marvel more over is the fact Thomas is finding such pristine examples of those helmets. That helmet is probably composed of two different half shells (read last sentence why I think this is the case). In some cases, those helmets are over 30 years old!!! Yes, the foam was probably a mouse house and new foam was applied. Hasek eventually had a Warwick version of the old SK2000. Every time I look at an old Cooper, whether it be an SK600 (like Thomas was seen wearing) or an SK2000, I saw some brittle and sometimes cracking plastics.

It's not a real Cooper...

https://olympiacomposites.sharepoint.com/Pages/CompositeHelmets.aspx

I guess what I am missing is why the custom designed Mage that worked well for a couple years all of a sudden has such poor sight lines that he's changing his set up every 3rd game.

That makes me feel a bit better for his safety...

Thanks for the link- I think I have found where I am buying my next helmet from. There is even a better protective version of the old VM for not a bunch of $$$.