Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gooch99

stealth

i'm about to buy a stealth but was wondering if the blade is anything like the new synergys because i've had trouble with the blades breaking our cracking within a month. Is this blade durable?

well i dont know if its jus me .. i broke 3 sealths so far... im a big kid 180 and when i take my big slapper they snap lile nothing..

Well thats about what I also am. I broke 2 pro stock stealths, but I think that was because one was too whippy and the other one took A LOT of abuse. My retail ones have been holding up just fine.

i personally haven't used one, but i have heard only positive stories concerning their performance, and i sort of played around with one in a store, and it felt fantastic (amazing balance being most important)

i can't see their performance being that much more substantial then a synergy...just a tad lighter. i don't see myself spending the money on one, especially without 85 flexes. my lhs has one, and when i was holding it, it didn't seem that much lighter to me than any other one piece such as synergy, response+, or xn10

are those sticks even worth the almost 200$ price tags on them? or would you bebetter off buying a synergy or response ?

That's for you to decide depending on your financial situation and priorities. I haven't used the Stealth yet, but found the Xn10 to be head and shoulders above the Synergy and Response. This is supposed to be along the same lines with a more active blade and extremely light weight.

I had the awesome opportunity to compare a stealth a Synergy, and an XN10 back-to-back. My cousin had a few custom XN10's made with a carbon-copy of the Easton Iginla curve, and he just bought a Stealth with an iginla curve. Compared this to a basically new iginla synergy as well. The XN10 and the Stealth felt better than the synergy in terms of recieving passes and stick handling, but we didn't really feel much of a difference in shooting. Between the stealth and the XN10 we both liked the balance of the stealth better for stickhandling, and preferred the XN10 for recieving passes.

Here's the local breakdown on the sticks for us:

Stealth $350

XN10 $270

Synergy $225

I didn't feel the stealth was worth the 80 dollars over the XN10, but the XN10 was a modest 45 dollars more than the synergy, and the reliability of the XN10's have been better. Now that Louisville is coming out with their adrenaline OPS, I would hope the price of the XN10 should come down a bit and make it even more affordable. If I were to buy a high end OPS, It would be an XN10 without question.

Wow, they jacked those Stealth Prices up on you. Our Stealth is generally $20 cheaper, but the Synergy is $25 higher. I'm anxious to try the Stealth (toy drive), but wonder how it could be better than an Xn10. I loved that thing.

Stealths around my area are 330(cdn) and xn10s are 290(cdn). I'm keeping my stick budget of $200 each no need to spend $300 if I'm doing well with what I already have.

the stealth has a good feel but the ones i ahve seen are lacking in durablity. it shoots like the xn10. if depends what shaft shape you like.

The only reason I'll have a Stealth is from the Easton toy drive. Once it goes I'll be back to my low-connection combos, unless I find one or two Hull M-1's around these parts.

The only reason I'll have a Stealth is from the Easton toy drive. Once it goes I'll be back to my low-connection combos, unless I find one or two Hull M-1's around these parts.

Check Ebay they had a Hullie M-1 there.

The stealth isnt jsut a lighter syNergy, it has A TOTALY different blade, its not even comparable to the syNergy blade.

My teammate got a stealth last night. I held it and got to use it some in practice, and let me tell you, the shaft seemed smaller, more comfortable in my hands that my XX. Other than the fact that he got it right before practice and didnt cut it so it was 6 inches too big for me, it was a nice stick. Not worth the $210 prace tag, but what can I say, he got it on clearance at a store going out of business, for $170, lucky bastard.