Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

watchgreat

Reebok Ribcore vs Ribcore 25k

It's about carbon fibres being used - hence 25k is heavier.

Let me quote:
==

The main difference is the construction of the carbon fiber that runs throughout the shaft. The 25K uses a blend of carbon fiber and fiberglass making it heavier than the RibCor, and also less responsive.

Jordan at IW Hockey

==

Yeah 25k is low stock a lot of places. They didn't have a single one at total today, had to get one sent to the store.

This doesn't surprise me. I remember the 10k and 8k were damn near identical except 20 grams of weight. But I think the larger point here is that if the top level offering from Reebok would likely sell better at $200 than $250.

Anyone try either or both of these yet?

I have the Ribcor. Initially I liked it but I am progressively disliking it more than the other top end models from this year. It's not a bad stick, I just prefer many of the other sticks over it. It is a very light stick but for some reason the puck feel isn't that great. I don't know if it is because the blade is so stiff or what, but it is not nearly as good as I thought it was going to be. Since I started working at Monkey, I have been able to test out just about every flagship stick.

Anyone try either or both of these yet?

I was able to test the 24k, 25k and Ribcor .. have to say that there isn't much of a difference between the 24k and 25k - so the value of the 24k is fine.

They all have a nice pop - the Ribcor in addition as their top end stick is leightweight and performs as expected.

I have to say that the blad is stiff and enables a good accuracy on your shots. Though the puck feeling and blade isn't very much responsive.

All in all a good stick but I far better like the Warrior DT1 which performs better in nearly every aspect. I am eager to try out the new DT1 LT in the next few days as this one has been even improved.

What top end sticks do you like the most ?

Easton V series is hands down the best so far for me. I'd put the Stage 2 a close 2nd. I have only used it for a tech demo, but I think the EK15 might be my favorite along with the V series. I'll have a better review of the EK15 after I get a couple more skates on it.

I am eager to try out the new DT1 LT in the next few days as this one has been even improved.

Do report your feelings on that stick either here or in the covert lt/st thread

We felt that the value of the 25K for customers was HUGE compared to that of the Ribcor. We really like both sticks but the 25K is the far better deal. Most won't be able to tell the weight difference. Excellent stick.

picked up my 25K today, super excited to get it out on the ice. I'll let everyone know my first impressions. Like Pure Hockey said, there is a weight difference, but it isnt too noticeable. Definitely seems like a good value for the price, but ill have to wait to get it on the ice.

Per a guy I know at one of the local chains, none of the top level gear is moving. He told me they've sold 1 Ribcor.

We haven't had any problems moving the Ribcor. Been selling a good amount of Reebok sticks actually. That 90 day warranty gives parents/potential buyers enough confidence to pull the trigger...

We haven't had any problems moving the Ribcor. Been selling a good amount of Reebok sticks actually. That 90 day warranty gives parents/potential buyers enough confidence to pull the trigger...

JR would probably know better than I, but when I was in total earlier, it seemed like their Ribcore line section had been thinned a bit. I was under the impression its a 60 day warranty though?

Looking back on this, I have to say the Ribcor has grown on me. Once I adjusted myself to the stiff blade, I really started noticing the positives of this stick. It took me some time to adjust but I am starting to like it more every time I use it, which is quite different from when I first started using it as I stated earlier in this thread. You definitely have to load the shaft more to take advantage of the technology they have implemented, but it does have some pretty nice pop. Not mind blowing but pretty damn good :wink:

The 25k is just as good in my opinion, it's just not as light.

I'm looking at buying a ribcore, a guy has one for sale on ebay for 179 that seems kinda low doesn't it?

He's likely making at least 140% profit taxes/shipping excluded if you buy it at 180.

To clarify, all Ribcor line sticks come with a 30 day warranty right off the shelf. You must register it online here to get the 60 day warranty: http://reebokhockey.com/en/ribcor-warranty-form

Been using ribcors for a couple of months now, it's an absolute toy, tons of fun playing with it...

It plays like nothing else in the market, perfectly balanced, the rounded corner shaft is well wippy whereas the blade is super stiff yet still offering a decent puck feel (tho it's not APX level). But overall it's a brillant piece of artillery, it gives the feeling you can do anything you want with it.

The pretensed fiber thing is full on bullshit, in my opinion it doesnt load or kick harder than the other top of the line sticks. ie : the puck will fly off the blade like the stick is doing all the job for you but nothing a apx or a RBZ won't do.

Haven't played with the 25k, the stick is so balanced you wont notice the weight difference gloves on. If it's the same story RBZ2/RBZ100 where the RBZ100 offers the exact same performance but in a much durable package, I'd say the 25k would a hell of a deal