Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Isles trade for Vanek

Well, this could be very interesting from a fantasy perspective for me. Vanek has done very well without a real number one center, he could do some interesting things with Tavares.

LINK

I'd be interested to hear what Tavares has to say about this deal. Unless the Isles can work out some kind of extension they lost that trade in a big way. Vanek will still produce a lot of points but with his injury history and nothing in place after this season contract wise this is quite the shocker.

Vanek and Moulson are both expiring deals this season, so the worst case scenario here is neither re-signs and the Islanders just gave away a first and a second for nothing. The only way the Islanders come out ahead here is if Vanek re-ups and Moulson doesn't. Islanders aren't close enough to be giving away draft picks like this.

Vanek and Moulson are both expiring deals this season, so the worst case scenario here is neither re-signs and the Islanders just gave away a first and a second for nothing. The only way the Islanders come out ahead here is if Vanek re-ups and Moulson doesn't. Islanders aren't close enough to be giving away draft picks like this.

Maybe Isles re-sign Vanek, and pick up Moulson in Free Agency.

I suspect (in typical screw up Buffalo fashion) for them to give Moulson a #26 jersey that still a has the Captain's C on the front at his introduction PC.

I suspect (in typical screw up Buffalo fashion) for them to give Moulson a #26 jersey that still a has the Captain's C on the front at his introduction PC.

add vanek name plate and it would be pure classic

add vanek name plate and it would be pure classic

Well, I would hope they know enough to change the nameplate...but, it would be hilarious if you could TELL they changed the nameplate.

Sabres now have 17 1st-round + 2nd-round picks over a 4-year span (2012-2015), most in franchise history.

14 of them will be checking forwards and 3 will be "depth" defensemen.

As much as I hate the Sabres...they've drafted/traded pretty well the last few years.

Kassian - which got them Hodgson

Grigorenko

Gergensens

Larson in the Pominville trade

Rustalainen (?)

Pysyk

Zadorov

And a lot of that is young talent ON the current NHL roster because they aren't eligible for the AHL, but have done all they can in Jr....Rochester is already stocked with young talent.

McNabb

Sulzer

Gillies

Ellis

Adam

Sadly, the future looks bright for that team...the NOW on the other hand...very rough as all those kids develop

Everybody has post-trade jump. Give him 5-7 games and the Sabres will suck the life out of him.

He's been playing for the Islanders. I'm not sure he had much life to begin with.