Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

STX USA Hockey Partnership

USA Hockey announced today a new partnership with Baltimore, Md.-based STX, a global sporting goods leader which is set to launch its ice hockey hockey product line later this year.

The four-year agreement makes STX both an official sponsor and equipment supplier of USA Hockey.

http://www.usahockey.com/news_article/show/327451?referrer_id=752796

Whao, HUGE. They've set themselves up a grassroots program that many can only dream of getting...

But they haven't even released any product yet, can someone explain how they could've got this deal?

$$$$

+

"As part of the agreement, STX will provide equipment to USA Hockey programs, including the National Team Development Program in Ann Arbor, Mich., and U.S. National Teams."

Expect some good products to come from them, they have lots of technology behind their lacrosse lines that could easily transfer to the hockey market.

I've been waiting to see how STX will bring itself into hockey, obviously they can't have a better start then what they just got.... Very interested to see the equipment they come up with and if they use some of their lacrosse technology into their equipment.

:laugh:

"As part of the agreement, STX will provide equipment to USA Hockey programs, including the National Team Development Program in Ann Arbor, Mich., and U.S. National Teams."

Train car loads of OneGoal/STX breezers!

I believe the thinking was more about Moulson's lacrosse background than it was knabbing a guy in Buffalo.

I saw that in the press release but I don't see how that helps sell equipment to kids. Who knows though, it's all speculation on our end.

Doubt be stays in Buffalo as a free agent. I see him joining his brother-in-law in L.A. Correct.

Good point.

I believe the thinking was more about Moulson's lacrosse background than it was knabbing a guy in Buffalo.

This is the most likely reason, he was drafted pro in lacrosse as well. Buffalo is hardly a lacrosse market, so that doesn't seem like it would be a factor.

This is the most likely reason, he was drafted pro in lacrosse as well. Buffalo is hardly a lacrosse market, so that doesn't seem. like it would be a factor.

Upstate NY is arguably the best Lacrosse area in the country. Buffalo is the team most of these kids that play Lax and Hockey root for.

This is the most likely reason, he was drafted pro in lacrosse as well. Buffalo is hardly a lacrosse market, so that doesn't seem. like it would be a factor.

Upstate NY is arguably the best Lacrosse area in the country. Buffalo is the team most of these kids that play Lax and Hockey root for.

That's pretty questionable, if Moulson was still on NYI, I suppose you could make the argument of the area being a factor, considering the popularity of lacrosse on Long Island. I'd put multiple areas before Upstate NY though (LI, Maryland, etc.)

That's pretty questionable, if Moulson was still on NYI, I suppose you could make the argument of the area being a factor, considering the popularity of lacrosse on Long Island. I'd put multiple areas before Upstate NY though (LI, Maryland, etc.)

You can question it all you want, but upstate NY develops more kids per capita and has just as many ranked teams year in and year out as Baltimore and Long Island.

Plus upstate NY has a hockey presence with more players seeing the NHL these days. It was just a comment guys, not a statement of fact.

Central and Western New York is the heart of all things LAX. The sport was invented by the Native Americans form that area. Most LAX players from that area know all the history. Maybe LI has more players but that's because more people live there.

they are here. Come hangout in albany when college isn't on break. Its like being on LI over the summer.

I can picture all the lettuce flowing and rasta colors blowing...

Yawn....

Can upstate ny take more of the "lax bros" from li please.

they are here. Come hangout in albany when college isn't on break. Its like being on LI over the summer.

Thats because most of the kids at Albany(or any Suny city) are from Long island. I would know, I was one of them

Thats because most of the kids at Albany(or any Suny city) are from Long island. I would know, I was one of them

that is a fact. I lived on long island all my life until i moved up here for school and never left. I used to play lacrosse too never was a lax bro though.