Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2014 Bauer Hockey Catalogue

The ReAKT 100 helmet had me the first time I tried it on. I also love the apx2 pro glove, has a vapor 30 look to it.

The lines on the cuff look very similar.

I liked the Pro glove too, but for some reason I preffered the standard glove better, then again, i didnt have a stick in hand.

Looks like Bauer is cheaping out a little. They ditched the composite outsole on the 180 and 170 and went with TPR/TPU. Looks like they ditched the 2.1 runner on the 180 also. At least they kept the 160 thermoformable. That is probably the model my son will get. Not all of us are looking for the highest skates in their line.........

For clarification it was mentioned that Nexus comes out in Summer.

The stick line is available and launches same time as Supreme skates, Vapor gear, etc. April 17th I believe?

The rest of the Nexus line (skates, protective) comes out in June. I believe the 20th is official launch.

Will we still be able to get the 2.1 aftermarket?

2.1 is dead - Bauer no longer produces it. It is not made in LSEdge.

The 180 has the same sole that's on the X70.

Kinda weird, you would expect it to have a composite outsole, no? Other than that, the Supreme skate lineup looks stronger to me this year than last year (to my untrained eye).

The 180 has the same sole that's on the X70.

2.1 is dead.

Isn't that the same outsole that is on the One.6 now? Again for competitive youth hockey, all things being equal, I don't know if there is going to be a measurable difference on the ice. But it seems like a downgrade. one80, one70, one.8, one.7 all had some form of composite outsole and now neither the 170 or 180do. Seems like x80 is the best value in the line but it is really stiff and won't fit everyone.

AIREAYE I know you've been raving about the APX2 protective for a while now and Stewie you just mentioned the shoulders as well.

Could either of you, or anyone for that matter elaborate as to what you like so much about them? JR mentioned they are very light - in the CCM CL range but why do you prefer them to the CL?

I need shoulders now and am tempted to just grab the CLs on sale but if the APX2 are worth the wait then I will.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

What JR said. I'm a huge find of high end gear that has NHL-spec shoulders, is streamlined and well-fitting. The APX shoulder was good; nice and streamlined, but the rest of their protective stretching back to the Vapor XXXX days I've always found stiff and hard; unyielding. That's all changed for the better for all protective pieces.

Also, I recommend you wait to see the RBZ shoulders. Small changes but a big difference imo.

I skated in the Supreme MX3 at BauerWorld in October. There is a touch less volume in the skate I was using. I have been in the same size since forever and this was noticeable as I did not have on my usual skate sock. The skate felt awesome on ice.

I remember last year there being a large drop off between the Nexus 1000 stick vs the next step down the Nexus 600. I was surprised there was nothing in between.

What do you think the drop off is like between this years Nexus 8000 vs the Nexus 7000? Seems closer, I see one piece vs two piece but considering it's a mid flex, probably notice it less. Thoughts?

I have to explain these things to my wife when I pay 300 for a hockey stick.

Edited by Beflar

I skated in the Supreme MX3 at BauerWorld in October. There is a touch less volume in the skate I was using. I have been in the same size since forever and this was noticeable as I did not have on my usual skate sock. The skate felt awesome on ice.

I think it's most likely due to the placement of the holes on the injected facing vs standard eyelets is where you got robbed of volume.

They fit me very well with an uniform lace spread.

There are no plans as of right now to add a pure toe curve to Bauer's stick lineup but they are well aware of the growing demand. Whether they decide to bring this kind of curve to retail will most likely depend on if toe curves are just a trend/niche or if the demand is consistently there.

The Re-Akt 100 is more of a traditional fit; it's fitting a bit narrower than Re-Akt even though it is a bigger shell.

$269.99 helmet only, $309.99 combo.

Is this price point correct for the helmet? It seems a little high.

Is this price point correct for the helmet? It seems a little high.

My first thoughts as well... redesign the reakt and add $60 to the price tag. I thought it was crazy when helmets went over $200, now they're exceeding $300 a couple years later. While I applaud the companies for striving towards safer helmets, itd be nice to see them drop the prices of some of their now "older" advanced tech helmets rather than continue to increase the pricepoint at the top end.

Why would they drop the price if they're selling well? That's the impression I'm getting. People are willing to spend more to get better protection and for many players, price is no longer a high concern. Parents and mens leaguers alike will often come up and straight up say they want the best protection.

I don't think it's crazy at all, considering top end sticks have been $300 for years and top end skates pushing $900. People are becoming more educated regarding concussions and head safety.

And JR's quote on pricing is bang-on.

Edited by AIREAYE
  • Like 1