Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
IPv6Freely

Starting in Goal as an Adult

Stick and puck turned drop-in hockey report: Different rink.I was the singular goalie. It broke into 3-on-3 half ice. Exhausting isn't the word for it. But I was playing with a higher skill level than normal. I am also convinced that a few people who frequent my home rink are kinda jerks. Not all, mind; but a few have elitist attitudes that are not deserved.

Anywho- yeah, I let in a few stinkers, but a lot of the goals I let in were set plays- i.e. "tic-tac-toe-bam!" I made some weird saves, as well.

The worst part: I normally wear player elbow pads with my CA. Dopey, old me FORGOT them, as well as my neck guard :0

I will put pix of the protection I fashioned on my instagram page, user name bunnydevildude. Look for them after 6 p.m. Central.

• Like 1

Stick and puck turned drop-in hockey report: Different rink.I was the singular goalie. It broke into 3-on-3 half ice. Exhausting isn't the word for it. But I was playing with a higher skill level than normal. I am also convinced that a few people who frequent my home rink are kinda jerks. Not all, mind; but a few have elitist attitudes that are not deserved.

Anywho- yeah, I let in a few stinkers, but a lot of the goals I let in were set plays- i.e. "tic-tac-toe-bam!" I made some weird saves, as well.

The worst part: I normally wear player elbow pads with my CA. Dopey, old me FORGOT them, as well as my neck guard :0

I will put pix of the protection I fashioned on my instagram page, user name bunnydevildude. Look for them after 6 p.m. Central.

Elbow pads??

The elbow cups in my CA are very deficient. I unlaced them and NORMALLY wear player elbow pads.

Let's just say I was a lucky, lucky dude today.

When I get my next CA, I will have much better, INTEGRATED elbow protection with it.

Edited by bunnyman666

Martin Brodeur wore player elbow pads in his C/A

he would get his C/A and cut out the elbow pads and wear regular ones. Gave him better mobility and the protection was much better, ive been toying with this idea myself because the ones on my bauer kind of get loose and it sucks when they do

^ just followed you.

Thanks.

I will show the downright futile and frankly SCARY substitutes for "elbow protection" tonight.

Martin Brodeur wore player elbow pads in his C/A

he would get his C/A and cut out the elbow pads and wear regular ones. Gave him better mobility and the protection was much better, ive been toying with this idea myself because the ones on my bauer kind of get loose and it sucks when they do

I never felt comfortable with the so-called "elbow protection" that were in my Vaughn LT80 CA. I could have seen problems with those cups, frankly.

My old Bauer's elbow area wasn't great really but never had any issues with it.

The Passau on the other hand... whole different story. I'm pretty sure I could take a slapshot to the elbow and barely even feel it. I also like that the protection basically goes right down to my wrist, too.

Passau is where I am thinking of going, Opti; which is why I say that my next CA will more than likely have integrated elbow protection.

The elbow pads actually help with bolster the somewhat lacking arm protection that Vaughn CA's infamously possess.

Passau is where I am thinking of going, Opti; which is why I say that my next CA will more than likely have integrated elbow protection.

The elbow pads actually help with bolster the somewhat lacking arm protection that Vaughn CA's infamously possess.

Passau or Brown are going to be the two best options with regards to protection.

Passau or Brown are going to be the two best options with regards to protection.

I wanted to buy a CA to try the position, so the Vaughn did it's job as far as I am concerned. I was able to bolster it enough to not give me stingers; but I need better since I am serious about the position of goaler.

I modified the elbows on my 6000s, I like the elbow cups but theyre restrictive and the blocks are big but don't seem to cover the areas I want covered right

I think you may end up liking using player elbows if you go that direction, as the elbow pads bolster areas of the elbow and forearm well. The best elbow pad I found for this purpose? The lowly Reebok 4K, as there is no biceps protection to get in the way. But as always- your preference may dictate something different. Edited by bunnyman666

I had a good game - felt much more relaxed, I think having the movement practice on Tuesday helped. I made more of an effort to butterfly slide properly (vs. shifting my hips) and ended up in unexpected places, so that will take more practice, but I got back alright. I did let by a dumb goal or two.

However: Tomorrow is my "goalie birthday" (as my teammates called it - that's one year now of playing goal) and so today they surprised me after the game with a present (a copy of "Red Army") and lots of applause. Best team. :biggrin:

• Like 2

I had a good game - felt much more relaxed, I think having the movement practice on Tuesday helped. I made more of an effort to butterfly slide properly (vs. shifting my hips) and ended up in unexpected places, so that will take more practice, but I got back alright. I did let by a dumb goal or two.

However: Tomorrow is my "goalie birthday" (as my teammates called it - that's one year now of playing goal) and so today they surprised me after the game with a present (a copy of "Red Army") and lots of applause. Best team. :biggrin:

It sounds like your teammates love you! That is AWESOME!!!!!

• Like 1

They're a really great bunch of guys. They've had me as a goalie literally since I first started - I came to the rink for a clinic, showed up early, and Peter (who runs the skate) was like "hey! come and goalie for us!" The fact that I had never played goal except on asphalt before did not deter him. And, in spite of that, they've stuck with me. I had mentioned my "goalie birthday" to Peter a few weeks ago (in the context of "I'll try to be less hard on myself after my 1 year mark") but I was in no way expecting any kind of acknowledgment, and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

• Like 1

We won last night 7-1. I had a shutout going until part way through the 3rd. Shot came from the point, redirected off my defenseman's stick, then off my stick and in. Our team put up 36 shots, and they only had 18. Nothing major to report so I will keep it short.

• Like 1

First game with the new mask, just in time for playoffs!

First playoff game ended pretty well, 7-5 win. That's the first time I've won a playoff game, I'd been 0-3 prior to this. It's funny, it was in the 2nd period when we were up 5-3 I was sitting there thinking "okay, so I have a 5.00 GAA this season... so if we score 6 I'll be good" and that ended up being exactly correct. We DID need 6 goals.

Anyway, camera fell off about midway through the 3rd, which sucks because I had some really big saves after that. Two with the glove, one robbing a guy who had a half open net when it was 6-5.

When do you play against mis-match sock pony tail boy again, Opti? That is a game I can't wait to watch, and I hope you make Hextall and Smith proud against that tosser!

When do you play against mis-match sock pony tail boy again, Opti? That is a game I can't wait to watch, and I hope you make Hextall and Smith proud against that tosser!

Championship game, Feb 21.