Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
SlaterC42

Warrior Stick Grip Is Peeling

I bought a Warrior DT4 LT a few months back and have been really happy with it so far, but I was pulling the old tape off the handle today to re-tape it and noticed it started peeling the grip away from the top of the stick. I've re-taped it maybe a dozen times and usually don't play more than 2-3 games without re-tapping, so it's not like the tape has been on for a long time or anything. This is my first grip stick, so I'm just curious if this is normal? It's only peeled a little and is covered by the new tape so it's not really an issue, but I'm concerned it'll will get worse and worse. I searched through the threads and didn't see anyone else covering this topic. Anyone else experience this?

My reply is absolutely of no use, but I'm curious to know why you retape the handle so frequently? I only ever retape the handle if I change the stick length.

I've never had it happen to a stick due to my own tape job, but recently bought a Bauer pro stock second hand that had this happening when I got it. My solution was to wrap the part where it's peeling with a wrap of clear packing tape and then cover the top half of the packing tape with the grip tape. If the peeling is still high on the stick, you can cover all the packing tape. When you retape, leave the packing tape on and just replace the hockey tape. Simple but effective.

I also don't retape that often but I know many who do. Just curious, do you find your gloves get shredded pretty fast? Using newly tacked up tape on the grip so often might do that.

My grips have peeled in the past. Easton SL and the OG Stealth would peel off in your hand by rubbing it. Havent seen an issue with new sticks. Stop retaping the knob! Thats my only advice

haha I was wondering the same thing about taping it so much. I tape the top once when i buy it new and it stays until it breaks. I even use the grippier wrap on a few sticks but even that lasts pretty much forever.

My DT4LT also peels its grip after about two months of use so far. Also, some rattling inside the dagger-taper, there appears to be some foam in between the taper and the rest of the shaft, so I cant shake the stuff out :/

Wow, so maybe I am re-tapping too often. It's just something I've always done, and we are creatures of habit. Like I said it's not really an issue now as it's covered by the tape, I'm just worried it will peel more and more until it's below the tape and effecting the stick.

I only use grip sticks, and my QR Pro has the least durable grip of any stick I have ever had!

Very disappointed. Is the QR1 grip any better?

My Warrior Widow SE Grip is still holding up after almost a year!

Sorry for bumping this old thread, have any of you found any good coating to add grip to your Warrior sticks? 

I have purchased an older model DT1LT on liquidation and this is what it looks like after exactly 2 hours of usage, I have never seen it this bad, quite disappointing and probably not enough to make a case at Warriors warranty department. 

20180413_014612_HDR.jpg