Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zzapdog

Ccm Jetspeed skates Vs Bauer MX3

I never got to try on Jetspeeds, but like other skates that don't feature a molded lace system and t-lock style holes, I can't see HOW a jetspeed could "wrap" your foot better than the MX3. Fit better, yes..but wrap? Interesting.

Certainly wish I could have put a pair on.

The T-Lock holes won't do much to help the wrap and with such a stiff injected lacing system, I can definitely see the JetSpeed contouring better over the top of the foot. I've only skated in the MX3's once so I can't speak on it but the JetSpeeds internal boot shape is VERY anatomical and allows for a great wrap over the top of forefoot.

The T-Lock holes won't do much to help the wrap and with such a stiff injected lacing system, I can definitely see the JetSpeed contouring better over the top of the foot. I've only skated in the MX3's once so I can't speak on it but the JetSpeeds internal boot shape is VERY anatomical and allows for a great wrap over the top of forefoot.

This sums it up perfectly and was my experience as well. Great wrap over the top of the foot. Felt great. I have a Ribcor foot, though.

My Latest skates were the bauer x100 and I had almost always pain in the forefoot after the training sessions . I have also used the Reebok 18k before and had the same problem as with the x100. Now I have understand that does two types of fit is to narrow for me. I want the skate that wraps around my foot best and still can give that tight fit without having any pain.

When I tried the Jetspeed skates on I felt that the skate is not wrapped around the whole foot. My question is, will the Jetspeed wrap around my foot better after I baked them?

Yes, it will wrap better after baking. Yes it will stay in that shape after baking provided that you store the skates in an appropriate location (read: don't leave them in a hot car.)

Comparing both skates, the fit is fairly similar in the heel and forefoot width although it appears that the heel instep depth in the Jetspeed skate is larger than the Supreme so it would need to wrap around better than the Supreme skate especially if someone has a shallow made foot. I think a more shallow made foot might still fit better in the Supreme than the Jetspeed. Anyone agree or disagree?

I've gone back and forth over the years - CCM VectorPro->BauerOne90->BauerTotalOne->CCM RBZ->BauerMX3

MX3 is the only skate that literally feels like a sneaker. I have had no pain whatsoever and now that the supreme line moved to the taller holders the performance is great. I do have to admit if the RBZs weren't like having my foot in a trash compactor i would have loved to wear them longer because the tech they have going on is great and i believe i was faster wearing them. If you're playing beer league go with comfort, hockey will be much more enjoyable.

Small note, alot of people that have had discomfort wearing Bauers seems to be an issue with the area right before the toes. If you're feeling numbness or pain here just ask your LHS to punch it out there ever so slightly and you'll be fine. It's better to have something small you can make wider than being stuck with a boot that's too wide.

I prefer the Jetspeeds. Better boot wrap, more volume, and the narrow heel works better with my foot. I also like that the boot has some give to it.

Some give, as in decent forward flexion for laterally stiff skate?

I wear a mx3 at the moment, I wear size 9 in them. I wear size 11 in shoes. I was looking to get some super tacks but found a cheap pair of jetspeeds online. My mx3 fit pretty good just the sides of my foot (above arch area) hurt if i tighten the bottom of my laces, do you guys think jetspeed would be a good fit for me in size 9? 

I have thin ankles and heel but my foot is pretty wide, I have flat arches. 

Jetspeeds have a similar profile to Vapors.  Off the MX3s fit you pretty good moving to Jetspeeds would be moving to an narrower skate.  That would increase the pain you feel on the sides of your foot. Try on a EE in Jetspeeds or Vapors.  That will be a bit wider than the Mx3s in a D.

I've owned both Jetspeeds and 190s. Here's my opinion on the comparison:

Overall fit is very similar, but Jetspeed sizing is larger.  I wore a 7D in Jetspeed vs 7.5D in 190, with toes brushing the caps on both, (I wear a 9.5 running shoe). Forefoot width felt the same to me.  Jetspeed has slightly more volume in the midfoot and a slightly tighter heel.

5 hours ago, brandonthequick said:

I wear a mx3 at the moment, I wear size 9 in them. I wear size 11 in shoes. I was looking to get some super tacks but found a cheap pair of jetspeeds online. My mx3 fit pretty good just the sides of my foot (above arch area) hurt if i tighten the bottom of my laces, do you guys think jetspeed would be a good fit for me in size 9? 

I have thin ankles and heel but my foot is pretty wide, I have flat arches. 

I have both as well as apx2's. In terms of a heel fit, Jetspeeds would fit you much better than mx3's. Mx3's have a wider heel area whereas the jetspeeds are a lot narrower suiting a narrow heel and ankles. I found the forefoot to be similar and still failed the pencil test in both skates. The Jetspeeds are softer thru the heel quarter than mx3's and much softer than apx2's. If you pronate at all (quite common with flat feet and narrow heels)  I wouldn't recommend jetspeeds unless you shim / orthotic / align the skate to your foot otherwise the boot will open up rather quickly on you.

You will need to buy size 8.5 in Jetspeeds, not 9 as the sizing is different for pre 2017 Jetspeeds and Ribcors. The next release from CCM will make them the same size as Bauer.

2 hours ago, Vet88 said:

I have both as well as apx2's. In terms of a heel fit, Jetspeeds would fit you much better than mx3's. Mx3's have a wider heel area whereas the jetspeeds are a lot narrower suiting a narrow heel and ankles. I found the forefoot to be similar and still failed the pencil test in both skates. The Jetspeeds are softer thru the heel quarter than mx3's and much softer than apx2's. If you pronate at all (quite common with flat feet and narrow heels)  I wouldn't recommend jetspeeds unless you shim / orthotic / align the skate to your foot otherwise the boot will open up rather quickly on you.

You will need to buy size 8.5 in Jetspeeds, not 9 as the sizing is different for pre 2017 Jetspeeds and Ribcors. The next release from CCM will make them the same size as Bauer.

Thanks, so super tacks would probably be a better idea? Would I need a size 9 in super tacks? 

If i was fitting you based on what you have said so far (narrow heels and ankles, wide fore foot, flat feet, volume ? but you fit in mx3's), and your foot mechanics were normal (no pronation) then I would try you in ribcor, jetspeeds or vapours (targeting heel fit first). Then check volume (ribcor and vapours may fail here) and then get the boot punched if it is to narrow thru the forefoot. Supertacks would be next but the heel is wider and no more volume than jetspeeds. You would be after a 9 in super tacks. But if you are about to spend $900 on some super tacks that may have some compromises for you then I'd seriously suggest you look at VH and get a boot that fits. Or just get your mx3's stretched across the forefoot and save yourself some $'s.