Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 2018-03-22 at 9:01 AM, mojo122 said:

Read through the profiling document, so thanks for that.  Looks like it need's to be updated since there are newer templates offered that aren't mentioned there?  For someone new to profiling, is it better to go from a stock radius to a double first, and then progress to a triple or quad?  Or is it an easy transition to go straight from stock to a quad?

Some of the recommendations are based on the player's position and skating ability, but especially when it comes to parents and their kids they often either understate or overstate their child's skating proficiency.  So profiling may help or hinder some skaters.  

Did you ever find an answer to what to recommend to someone who is new to profiling? I know it varies from person to person but I am curious if you found a conclusion.

5 hours ago, Hills said:

Did you ever find an answer to what to recommend to someone who is new to profiling? I know it varies from person to person but I am curious if you found a conclusion.

I dont think there is any one answer to that.  I do know that the quad 0 was a pretty good entry point for me.

1 hour ago, dkmiller3356 said:

I dont think there is any one answer to that.  I do know that the quad 0 was a pretty good entry point for me.

I figured as much but wanted to learn what other people thought. I went straight to a Quad 1 and won't go back, I'd like to suggest something as aggressive as a Quad since it should make a very noticeable difference. But I am worried you'd shave off too much at the toe when doing that.

10 minutes ago, Hills said:

I figured as much but wanted to learn what other people thought. I went straight to a Quad 1 and won't go back, I'd like to suggest something as aggressive as a Quad since it should make a very noticeable difference. But I am worried you'd shave off too much at the toe when doing that.

I didn't find the quad 0 aggressive at all.  and since I was moving to new steel shaving down the toe a bit eased that transition tremendously.  I think its all subjective.

17 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

I didn't find the quad 0 aggressive at all.  and since I was moving to new steel shaving down the toe a bit eased that transition tremendously.  I think its all subjective.

I completely agree with you, I have had people tell me they thought the toe on the Quads was too much for them. It took me a good 3 skates until I stopped transitioning with the toes and I was comfortably not loosing my balance.

Still trying to dial in starting points.  Inexperienced or fairly new skaters might be better off starting out on a longer single radius for the stability factor.  Unless someone has been skating for some time and or playing at a high level going straight to a Quad might not be wise.  But do you start with a combo or go straight to a triple with those players?

I recently profiled a couple of sets of steel using the Quad 1 template.  Coming from Pro Skate Balance's 35/65 I felt that the Quad 1 had more blade and noticed it when making sharp turns.  After an adjustment period of a couple of skates I've come to like the Quad 1.  However, my runners are 254's so I don't think I could go Quad 2 and actually wonder if the Quad 0.5 might be the sweet spot for me.  I haven't come across the 0.5 template so far so I'm staying with the 1 for now.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2018 at 5:55 PM, mojo122 said:

Still trying to dial in starting points.  Inexperienced or fairly new skaters might be better off starting out on a longer single radius for the stability factor.  Unless someone has been skating for some time and or playing at a high level going straight to a Quad might not be wise.  But do you start with a combo or go straight to a triple with those players?

I recently profiled a couple of sets of steel using the Quad 1 template.  Coming from Pro Skate Balance's 35/65 I felt that the Quad 1 had more blade and noticed it when making sharp turns.  After an adjustment period of a couple of skates I've come to like the Quad 1.  However, my runners are 254's so I don't think I could go Quad 2 and actually wonder if the Quad 0.5 might be the sweet spot for me.  I haven't come across the 0.5 template so far so I'm staying with the 1 for now.

Did you notice more blade on the toe or heel when making turns?

On 5/28/2018 at 2:55 PM, mojo122 said:

I'm running a quad .5 on 263s right now which I like...I'm switching to a 271 though on my new skate so am going to go up to a quad 1

On 5/31/2018 at 9:22 AM, Hills said:

Did you notice more blade on the toe or heel when making turns?

Toe, but now that I have a few skates on them I hav adjusted and don't notice it anymore.  I'm still favoring the 35/65 off the Pro Skate Balance machine over the quad.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 8:44 AM, Shayne Toporowski said:

I am here to answer any questions you may have regarding ProSharp and performance of ProSharp profiles and machine operation. 

The grinding wheels, can you tell me the dimensions please?

On 5/31/2018 at 10:21 AM, Doughnuts08 said:

I'm running a quad .5 on 263s right now which I like...I'm switching to a 271 though on my new skate so am going to go up to a quad 1

Try the Zuperior S and have the heel slightly blended more. Makes a world of difference. 

Does anyone have the Glide 65 triple template?  I'm assuming there's a flat spot of 65mm, but being a triple I'm guessing the front and back differ?  Anyone know exactly what it is? 

The local rink I train and coach at recently purchased a Prosharp for their rentals and to offer a drop in sharpening service for players. I have been using it to get some experience with the machine and the alignment keeps wandering off center after sharpening 5 skates or so. It's a pita having to keep checking all the time, any thoughts as to why it would do this and what a possible remedy might be?