Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

I was on Vapor APX before my VH. I feel like the VH have a slightly more aggressive forward pitch, and a lower cut design on the sides.

Perfect, thanks. Thats exactly what I was hoping to hear. Do you have the same holders on both?

I love my Mako CXN holders on my VHs, but I came from Makos (which I loved). If you want a lot of forward pitch (around +3 relative to Bauers) put the CXN holders on them.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm good with LS2's + a shim. Gives me the same pitch as my Cobra's and I already have a bunch of Step steel for LS2's

Perfect, thanks. Thats exactly what I was hoping to hear. Do you have the same holders on both?

I went from LS2 holders on the APX to Edge holders on the VH. So there's a bit of forward attack difference there accounted for the holder change.

I went from LS2 holders on the APX to Edge holders on the VH. So there's a bit of forward attack difference there accounted for the holder change.

I thought LS2 and Edge had the same pitch, with Edge just being 3mm taller in both towers?

In the same model of holders, there is a possibility that their pitch is not the same.

When I used CCM boots, I attached Tuuk's 272mm holders onto it.

After CCM, I changed to Bauer boots and I decided to down its holder size to 263mm.

263 and 254mm holders have the same pitch.

But 272 holder has 3mm higher heel.

So now I'm using heel lift shims of 3mm thickness for my VH boots with 263 holders.

In the same model of holders, there is a possibility that their pitch is not the same.

When I used CCM boots, I attached Tuuk's 272mm holders onto it.

After CCM, I changed to Bauer boots and I decided to down its holder size to 263mm.

263 and 254mm holders have the same pitch.

But 272 holder has 3mm higher heel.

So now I'm using heel lift shims of 3mm thickness for my VH boots with 263 holders.

Unless I am misunderstanding you, the fact that the rear would be higher on the bigger holder is just trigonometry. I would actually be more surprised by the fact that the heel of the 254 and the 263 would be the same.

Depending on where/how the holder length is measured, I believe you would have something like the following (assuming an approximate pitch angle of 3.8 degrees... the value I have measured bauer holders to roughly be)

Tan(3.8deg) * 254mm = 16.87mm

Tan(3.8deg) * 263mm = 17.47mm

Tan(3.8deg) * 272mm = 18.07mm

This would indicate to me that the rear of a 263 holder should be about 0.6mm higher than 254 and 272 should be about 1.2mm higher than 254.

Edited by AfftonDad

Sorry for the easy pic.

DSC_0006.jpg

I measured my boots.

I have 262 and 272 Tuuk LS2 holder but don't have 254.

The reason why I've known 254 holder have the same height as 263 is I measured it when one of my friend who using the holder came to my house.

AfftonDad wrote about estimate by trigonometric function but I've already known these numbers from actual measurement.

And also known actual height is bigger than estimate.

For example, Tuuk 272's steel have strange lower height than the other size runner.

Never found any reason why only the 272 size have been manufactured in such down size.

But perhaps the manufacturing is not strictly thing as we are thinking.

Hello Guys,

First time poster, long time lurker here. About to pull the trigger on some custom VHs. Does anyone here use insoles? If so, do you trace your foot while standing on the insoles? From my experience, insoles take a bit of volume in the skates. Do you order a size up or how does that work?

Thanks

Hello Guys,

First time poster, long time lurker here. About to pull the trigger on some custom VHs. Does anyone here use insoles? If so, do you trace your foot while standing on the insoles? From my experience, insoles take a bit of volume in the skates. Do you order a size up or how does that work?

Thanks

Nope, your barefoot. There are instructions on the website. Don't over complicate things in my opinion.

sample_order_form.png

Updated 3/12/15: Due to new details coming to light, I no longer support this company.

Edited by mc88
  • Like 2

Hello Guys,

Thanks

I've been using a set of SOLE insoles in my VH skates. I had a bit too much volume when I first received them and the insolves save solved that.

I'd likely ask Scott to build the next pair around my insoles to solve the volume issues. I'd also want to stress to him that I need a true C-width last and a true AA heel this time.

Width/volume was my big issue as well. I made sure to indicate I would need the eyelets cut back to accommodate my low volume feet and ankles. Seems to have nailed it.

I'm interested in "Comfort edge" and "Single felt tongue".

Now I'm using silver colored felt tongue though I've thought to choose the black colored tongue for next time.

But are they not the same thing...?

If I ever get another pair and he offers double and/or beefier thread, I'm definitely going with that. I'm loosing a lot of stiches I guess from the skate sides rubbing on the ice. So far gel super glue has been doing the trick to hold the material down where the stitching is gone (if necessary)

Anyone here using these skates with bunions? I have pretty big nasty ones and was wondering whats people's experiences?

I have a tailors bunion (pinky toe version of a bunion). It sucks, but that was one of things I requested Scott accommodate. So far, no issues. The boot is pushed out far enough in that area that I don't even realize the bunion when on the ice.

Anyone here using these skates with bunions? I have pretty big nasty ones and was wondering whats people's experiences?

I had to wear gel toe sleeves (for runners) on my big toes due to constant painful callouses and pressure blisters before VH.

This is one of the things I mentioned to Scott and he accomodated this area and I've had no problems and since getting VH's haven't had to wear the sleeves.

I replaced my broken left VH tendon guard this weekend and took video of the process.

I'll edit it and post a link to it when I get a chance.

Very easy to replace, and the new one looks/feels great.

• Like 1

I replaced my broken left VH tendon guard this weekend and took video of the process.

I'll edit it and post a link to it when I get a chance.

Very easy to replace, and the new one looks/feels great.

Sweet! Looking forward to watching it!