Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jeffg

Bauer p92M blade

Depends on your definition of improvement. It’s same lie and curve. Tons of guys are using max height blades to help with faceoffs, getting your blade on the puck defensively, deflections, etc. This offset by having a less “aerodynamic“ or nimble feeling blade.

Not sure anyone can say it’s “better” given the merits of aforementioned tradeoff are 100% personal preference. 

Edited by Cavs019

It all comes down to preference. Some will love it. Some will hate it. 

I mean has anyone ever seen a Datsyuk pro stock blade? It's a damn canoe paddle. But it seems to work for him. 

I've been using CCM Mitchell Stephens pro stocks for a couple years. It's basically Crosby p29 with the "max" upper. Really good on faceoffs and tips, don't notice any loss on shot due to "aerodynamics".  I like it.

Remember Prince started making "oversized" tennis rackets?  Those of you around my advanced age might.  This is like that I think... and eventually all rackets became bigger and it wasn't really oversized anymore.  I think for me that will end up being a good thing because if last night's game is any indication I need a bigger stick blade!!!

Always wanted a max height blade but have used Lindros/P88 for 15+ years.

Would actually prefer it even slightly more closed face, so P92 wouldn't work at all.

What are my options? Any ideas much appreciated.

6 hours ago, Martin88 said:

Always wanted a max height blade but have used Lindros/P88 for 15+ years.

Would actually prefer it even slightly more closed face, so P92 wouldn't work at all.

What are my options? Any ideas much appreciated.

You could see if you can get ahold of a pro stock Datsyuk stick. I saw one at a local shop and the bloody thing is a canoe paddle.   

I doubt anyone here will experience any noticeable loss in their game from a minor decrease in weight or aerodynamics of the blade. Heck, the difference in weight from that little bit of added material is far less than the weight difference between price points and models. 

However, I’m sure just keeping the stick on the ice will lead to some pucks hitting that part of the blade during a season’s worth of game. What would have been a bad deflection or pass reception may turn good. I’m all for it but it’ll make less impact overall than a few days worth of good practice. 

• Like 1

Max blade makes a noticeable difference on faceoffs, where the puck is always bouncing ori n air. I get  significantly more "clean" wins with this pattern.

Edited by clarkiestooth

On 8/22/2018 at 7:30 PM, ParabolicActivity said:

Are there any righties with a pro stock similar to Datsyuk? From the looks of that curve it is ideal for hard passes from any spot on the blade.

Barzal.

Bauer should just go max on ALL patterns. Chances are it's just a matter of time when all stick manufacturers go max on all sticks and max blades will be the norm soon enough.