Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sid

Base hockey

Has anyone ordered recently? I ordered a couple blades in Sept, they still show in production. I emailed the founder Ron who lives close by me in Cali. He usually is super responsive but it's been 3 weeks and still nothing from him, I assume the email for base no longer works. I also emailed info@basehockey.ca, no response.

The website still works, and it took my order and changed my card so someone is still paying the bill for the website lol.

Guy I played with placed an order over the summer and had absolutely zero communication for a few months, despite trying to reach them a few ways.  He actually started the process of getting his money back through his credit card, and the sticks randomly showed up at his door in September. Never any follow up from Base. 

So, uh, they filled an order at somepoint. 

I put in request to CC company, guess we will see if anyone tries to dispute the charge at base. If they do, great it means they are still alive and maybe I'll get what I ordered by Christmas 😉

5 hours ago, iceman8310 said:

Permanently closed 

That's referring to the testing site where you can go shoot and try sticks. The company was still going for a bit after the shop closed, but it seems that they've gone under since

Anyone order from them yet? I'm a bit skeptical since my order from 9/2021 was never sent to me. The email says after a 1.5 year hiatus, when in truth it's been almost 3 years now.

I emailed info@basehockey.ca and received "address not found". I also emailed RonK with no response....

The email states their website has been updated but it has not.

1 hour ago, stoney066 said:

Anyone order from them yet? I'm a bit skeptical since my order from 9/2021 was never sent to me. The email says after a 1.5 year hiatus, when in truth it's been almost 3 years now.

I am also interested in this. My account and previous orders still show when I log in and I went as far as putting blades in my cart to see the 30% discount I stopped short of placing the order though.
I am hesitant to place an order until i see something confirming the reboot. I hope they do and I was surprised to get the email after so long.

I too reached out to Ron K. with no response.

Hey guys, big fan of base even with their outdated curve selection now compared to other companies (cough cough, Gepetto). I have been in contact with base as of their new return to the hockey stick world, and I placed an order for a twig January 17th.  I guess I can be the guinea pig for this one, and we'll see how accurate that 5 week lead time is. 

2 hours ago, Dmitrakov said:

Hey guys, big fan of base even with their outdated curve selection now compared to other companies (cough cough, Gepetto). I have been in contact with base as of their new return to the hockey stick world, and I placed an order for a twig January 17th.  I guess I can be the guinea pig for this one, and we'll see how accurate that 5 week lead time is. 

Is it their Cali location that's only"open"

7 hours ago, Dmitrakov said:

Update: It's been 7 weeks since I placed an order and there is no update in the production/shipping process, yet.

Thanks for the update, I want to place an order but I’ve been waiting for some confirmation from others. The last order I placed in January of 2021, prior to their shutdown, took about 10 weeks to be delivered.

On 3/11/2024 at 5:39 AM, Dmitrakov said:

Update: It's been 7 weeks since I placed an order and there is no update in the production/shipping process, yet.

Did they confirm the order once placed? 

8 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

Did they confirm the order once placed? 

Yes they did, I've been in contact with Base a few times since they relaunched before and after I ordered