Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ProfessorBarDownski

Fake nexus adv sticks ?

1 hour ago, ProfessorBarDownski said:

Does anyone know if there are fake nexus or supreme adv sticks from China being sold online ? 

Yes, people get from aliexpress then sell them on SLS. An easy tell is the botched namebars.

37 minutes ago, start_today said:

What am I looking for to know that’s fake? Not doubting you, just trying to learn for myself. 

The name bar looks like its a sticker or was just put on a retail bauer stick. No flex, build code, or version of Eichel's stick.

My question is, without the name bar how do you know its fake?

2 hours ago, the_game said:

The name bar looks like its a sticker or was just put on a retail bauer stick. No flex, build code, or version of Eichel's stick.

My question is, without the name bar how do you know its fake?

Well if they're retail and it's being sold for $150+ less than its OG price is a dead give away. 

Edited by nutters

Another giveaway is if it’s a random curve. There’s a guy selling a “retail P91A” ADV on SLS and god knows they aren’t making a limited run stick in that pattern lol. 

Edit: found it -

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/sticks/one-piece-sticks/3422588-bauer-senior-right-handed-vapor-adv-heel-pattern-hockey-stick?referral_code=ZR91396

Edited by Cavs019

8 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

Another giveaway is if it’s a random curve. There’s a guy selling a “retail P91A” ADV on SLS and god knows they aren’t making a limited run stick in that pattern lol. 

Edit: found it -

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/sticks/one-piece-sticks/3422588-bauer-senior-right-handed-vapor-adv-heel-pattern-hockey-stick?referral_code=

A couple of years ago a local lhs was caught selling fake Bauer sticks. For a while afterwards we could email a serial number to Bauer and they would confirm if it was genuine or not. I always thought they should offer this via a web service, it might not stop all fakes but it would put a dent in a lot of them.

Edited by Vet88
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 218hockey said:

So there are fake Bauer sticks. What about other Bauer products? Do they fake any of the protective gear or just sticks?

I've seen fake Bauer and CCM protective for sale in EMEA and APAC. Not much though in North America.

Fake sticks are much more common.