Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ggmunsen

New True Catalyst Skates

6 hours ago, PBH said:

What would you like to know about them? They are fantastic. 

Here are pics of them. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/78TTiq7masasLDrZ9 

Thanks for the pics. They look interesting. Can’t wait to see them in person but that might be a while because the two shops in CPH don’t stock new True stuff. Mostly what I'd like to know is how they compare to other outsoles.

13 hours ago, flip12 said:

Thanks for the pics. They look interesting. Can’t wait to see them in person but that might be a while because the two shops in CPH don’t stock new True stuff. Mostly what I'd like to know is how they compare to other outsoles.

I would say they are better than any other option on the market currently. Good support. Comfortable. Not too heavy. Flexible and adaptable arch. 

11 hours ago, Larry54 said:

Does it have a metatarsal button?

Yes 

1 hour ago, PBH said:

I would say they are better than any other option on the market currently. Good support. Comfortable. Not too heavy. Flexible and adaptable arch. 

Yes 

It's great that they have the metatarsal button! Four years ago, I replaced my VH insoles with Specialized Body Geometry Footbeds partly for the metatarsal button. They also offer 3 choices of arch heights. But if I ever need new footbeds, it's nice to know that True now offers a similar option.

Edited by Larry54

3 hours ago, PBH said:

Yes 

I know you were a fan of speed plates like I am. How do these compare. I hated the stock true insoles of the last. Too squishy for me. But these look interesting 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 12:17 PM, BenBreeg said:

I just looked at them today, the Pro and the SVH.  The Pro had a nice rolled comfort edge top, the SVH didn't.  Seemed odd not to include it on the very top end skate.  Is there a reason for this?

Could you clarify what you mean? The Cat9, Pro, SVH, and TF9 all appear to have the same top ankle surround construction in my eyes. 

1662073938648-vi.jpg

43 minutes ago, Westside said:

Could you clarify what you mean? The Cat9, Pro, SVH, and TF9 all appear to have the same top ankle surround construction in my eyes. 

1662073938648-vi.jpg

I can try to explain it, and I only saw the Pro and the SVH.  From what I remember, the inside liner of the Pro came up and was folded back down, with the edge rolled back and "sandwiched" in the layers, creating a rolled edge.  The SVH simply had all layers together with all their edges exposed.  You could only see it when you looked down on the skate.  If I get back to the store I'll take pics.

Zoom in on the top skate second image and you can see the rolled edge:

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/skates/5116182-true-catalyst-pro-size-7-5-skates

Edited by BenBreeg

15 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

I can try to explain it, and I only saw the Pro and the SVH.  From what I remember, the inside liner of the Pro came up and was folded back down, with the edge rolled back and "sandwiched" in the layers, creating a rolled edge.  The SVH simply had all layers together with all their edges exposed.  You could only see it when you looked down on the skate.  If I get back to the store I'll take pics.

Zoom in on the top skate second image and you can see the rolled edge:

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/skates/5116182-true-catalyst-pro-size-7-5-skates

Those look familiar 😉 

I just grabbed those CatPros...the XS holders were the kicker🥅🏒🇨🇦👍😎!  Now...sure hope they fit like CCM/Bauer and NOT like the FT9 or...they'll go right back on SLS😖🤣.

On 9/2/2022 at 10:21 AM, Jbear said:

I just grabbed those CatPros...the XS holders were the kicker🥅🏒🇨🇦👍😎!  Now...sure hope they fit like CCM/Bauer and NOT like the FT9 or...they'll go right back on SLS😖🤣.

If u want them to fit like Bauer ccm. Why not get Bauer or ccm. 

Long story...short version...two artificial hips so rotating through several types of skates (varying flexion, pitch, etc.)  helps...physiologically.  I play or coach 4-6x week, so...that's why.

On 8/28/2022 at 5:40 PM, Sniper9 said:

True never had the comfort edge for their full customs. And you don't need it. The top edge of their customs are soft and have no hard plastic in them so they are essentially comfort edges without the stupid print of comfort edge on them. Up until the most recent skate releases from ccm and Bauer, the comfort edge did very little anyways. Look at the vapor and as1s comfort edge. They were pathetic. 

As a goalie, the lack of comfort edge REALLY sucks on the True customs.

On 9/5/2022 at 2:44 PM, BenBreeg said:

Was there today, here are the pics of the top edges of the boot opening.

IMG-3668.jpg

IMG-3669.jpg
IMG-3670.jpg
IMG-3671.jpg

It's esthetics only.  The top edge of the boot is still soft.  Can we get over this now. 

10 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

It's esthetics only.  The top edge of the boot is still soft.  Can we get over this now. 

Yes sir, I am over it because you have deemed it not worthy of discussion.  It was a question, get off your high horse.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 10:21 AM, Jbear said:

Let me know if they don't work out! I was tempted as well, but believe they'd be too small

18 hours ago, Jbear said:

I sure will.  Should get here Tuesday. 

19 hours ago, Westside said:

Let me know if they don't work out! I was tempted as well, but believe they'd be too small

They fit like Bauer/CCM should! I could fit length wise good in an 8.5

I hope you are right...I'm 7.5 reg in Bauer and CCM...the 7 Reg TF9 was probably 1/2 too big for me although I could have made it work.  I didn't like the Shift holders at all.

Edited by Jbear

6 hours ago, Jbear said:

I hope you are right...I'm 7.5 reg in Bauer and CCM...the 7 Reg TF9 was probably 1/2 too big for me although I could have made it work.  I didn't like the Shift holders at all.

The Shift holders will be awesome once TRUE releases the 4mm steel.