Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Instead of "new" stick tech...

I sure wish that instead of incremental "performance" updates these companies would put the resources into offering more than 4 patterns...and "max" doesn't count for me.  That's what I wish.

Thanks for listening. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Jbear said:

I sure wish that instead of incremental "performance" updates these companies would put the resources into offering more than 4 patterns...and "max" doesn't count for me.  That's what I wish.

Thanks for listening. 

There is a solution to your request... put your money towards someone like Gepetto (prostockhockeysticks) instead of the retail giants.  Hit them in the pocket.  

• Like 3

Yes...solid point.  I'd already be there if Warrior wasn't still offering the W02...fortunately I dig the LX Pro, but it seems only a matter of time before they either move on to another model or stop making that pattern.  An FT3 Pro or AS3 Pro with that curve...I'm all over it. 

You can always order custom sticks from the big brands with whatever specifications you want. It only costs a little more than a standard MSRP top tier stick.

I honestly dont know why most people who pay full MSRP for a top tier stick dont just get custom. 

3 hours ago, Jbear said:

How do you initiate that process? 

Go to your local hockey store, most of them can help you place the order.

Some big box stores like Pure Hockey mainly only offer Bauer for custom sticks currently. Supposedly that will change sometime in 2023...

On 4/21/2023 at 10:11 AM, Jbear said:

Thanks for listening. 

That's the game all the major companies play. Providing a new stick with an incremental performance updates. That way, you are buying something that is better than last year's model. It's kind of lame as some of these incremental updates are just new paint jobs. All the while, NHL players sometimes have an older stick model that has the paint job of a completely different stick just for marketing purposes.

Can't really do anything about it. But if you ever find the perfect stick, buy a dozen of them.

On 4/23/2023 at 5:50 PM, VegasHockey said:

You can always order custom sticks from the big brands with whatever specifications you want. It only costs a little more than a standard MSRP top tier stick.

I honestly dont know why most people who pay full MSRP for a top tier stick dont just get custom. 

I don't know why people even pay mrsp on a top tier stick 

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

I don't know why people even pay mrsp on a top tier stick 

Signaling / because they can.

2 hours ago, Jbear said:

I pretty much limit my purchases to SidelineSwap except for the occasional support for my LHS.

I imagine manufacturers will eventually limit how much pro stock product and what specific items they will allow to be sold by teams to 3rd party resellers. 

12 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

I imagine manufacturers will eventually limit how much pro stock product and what specific items they will allow to be sold by teams to 3rd party resellers. 

How would that work from a legal perspective?

1 hour ago, flip12 said:

How would that work from a legal perspective?

Make each team sign a contract that will eventually limit how much pro stock product and what specific items they will allow to be sold by teams to 3rd party resellers.

I know some equipment managers in the WHL and NHL who made a healthy amount of money selling pro stock items on the side. One of them was causing me significant issues in the past, selling top-tier CCM sticks for $125 cash to locals. It got so bad that I had to file a complaint with CCM, and they had to get involved. 

On 4/27/2023 at 3:59 PM, Jbear said:

I pretty much limit my purchases to SidelineSwap except for the occasional support for my LHS.

Same. Why pay ridiculous MSRP when you can get them pro stock on SS for way less? 

On 4/23/2023 at 7:50 PM, VegasHockey said:

Because I like the top of the line Jetspeed and don’t want to order 6 at once. As far as I’ve been told by my lhs I can’t get just 2. Having said that, I would love to order it in a 90 flex and with a ribcor blade….

On 4/28/2023 at 12:02 PM, VegasHockey said:

One of them was causing me significant issues in the past, selling top-tier CCM sticks for $125 cash to locals. It got so bad that I had to file a complaint with CCM, and they had to get involved. 

Doesn't this kind of lend credence to the argument that the top end sticks are way overpriced?  Unless CCM is selling pro stock to the teams at a significant loss?

Not trying to start a debate about pricing.  If you don't want to pay the asking price, don't buy it.  Just more curious about how things work between manufacturers and teams.

On 4/29/2023 at 11:33 AM, boo10 said:

Doesn't this kind of lend credence to the argument that the top end sticks are way overpriced?  Unless CCM is selling pro stock to the teams at a significant loss?

Not trying to start a debate about pricing.  If you don't want to pay the asking price, don't buy it.  Just more curious about how things work between manufacturers and teams.

In this specific case, the team paid for the equipment and the equipment manager was selling the inventory on the side. It was a shady situation and something that is not uncommon. 

12 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

In this specific case, the team paid for the equipment and the equipment manager was selling the inventory on the side. It was a shady situation and something that is not uncommon. 

Ah, I see.  So there wasn't really a correlation between the cost to acquire the sticks and the $125 selling price.  Makes sense.