Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
iceman8310

Aline vs. currex vs. Superfeet

15 hours ago, iceman8310 said:

What are your thoughts on Aline vs. currex vs. Superfeet?   Pros Cons?

I have used Currex and SuperFeet Comfort and Carbon, but have not tested Aline insoles.

IMO; Dislike Currex and SuperFeet Comfort, as they provide too much comfort and degrade the feeling of the blade on the ice. SuperFeet Carbon provide good fit, performance, and feedback. However, The alignment of the arch tends to hurt my feet over time. 

Huge fan of the Bauer SpeedPlate, they mold to your feet and give significant feeling of the blade on the ice. The downside is there is very little padding, so some people complain that they hurt their feet. One thing I cannot understand is why with hockey insoles, companies put in so much padding that it decrease the feel between the boot/blade and ice? Hockey is not like running, so I don't think you need such a significant amount of foams.

The Aline product looks interesting, assuming they are not too thick for a hockey skate boot. If they offered a money-back guarantee, I would try them. Their return policy doesn't explain though if you can return them if used, and you dislike them or if they hurt. 

https://alineinsoles.com/policies/refund-policy

1 hour ago, VegasHockey said:

I have used Currex and SuperFeet Comfort and Carbon, but have not tested Aline insoles.

IMO; Dislike Currex and SuperFeet Comfort, as they provide too much comfort and degrade the feeling of the blade on the ice. SuperFeet Carbon provide good fit, performance, and feedback. However, The alignment of the arch tends to hurt my feet over time. 

Huge fan of the Bauer SpeedPlate, they mold to your feet and give significant feeling of the blade on the ice. The downside is there is very little padding, so some people complain that they hurt their feet. One thing I cannot understand is why with hockey insoles, companies put in so much padding that it decrease the feel between the boot/blade and ice? Hockey is not like running, so I don't think you need such a significant amount of foams.

The Aline product looks interesting, assuming they are not too thick for a hockey skate boot. If they offered a money-back guarantee, I would try them. Their return policy doesn't explain though if you can return them if used, and you dislike them or if they hurt. 

Aline was based in Marblehead and I should have went to the office to check them out.  Interesting concept.  I still always wonder why more R&D hasn’t going into the insoles

I like Superfeet Carbon Pro and have no motivation try another type.  I do also like CCM Orthomove, but I have the SF's in all of my skates. The only time I contemplate others is during the summer when I coach three one-week, full-day camps...might be nice to have a softer ride by about the tenth day🤕🤣🥅🇨🇦🏒

Edited by Jbear

The original Bauer SpeedPlate was good since it was thin and was thermoformable.  Down side was the front forefoot section tended to curl and over time the material became brittle and would crack.  The 2nd generation didn't work well at all.  Lately both Bauer and CCM have gone with super thin footbeds in the high end skates.  Likely to to have better direct contact with the blade and ice.

I love these and suggest you try them. Soft but supportive and lightweight. Easy to mold yourself.

https://retail.formthotics.com/products/ski-tour-dual/

13 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I'd love to find something with a bit more padding and comfort. 

May want to look at the Genetix insoles then. They came with my Cat Pros and they are definitely well padded. Too thick and cushiony for me, but if that’s that you’re looking for they may be perfect 

https://www.truetempersports.com/en-us/hockey/genetix-skate-insole.html

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Westside said:

May want to look at the Genetix insoles then. They came with my Cat Pros and they are definitely well padded. Too thick and cushiony for me, but if that’s that you’re looking for they may be perfect 

Yeah, these are ultra plush. If you want the Cadillac of insoles, these are them. 

On 8/20/2023 at 1:26 PM, VegasHockey said:

For what it's worth, I also had arch pain when I first tried SuperFeet Carbon, but solved the problem by going one size larger than the size chart prescribed. I initially felt the SuperFeet arch support was too close to my heel, if that makes sense. Sizing up moved the arch support towards my toes and relieved the pain entirely.

9 hours ago, Westside said:

Nice! Ordering a pair right now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mwerth said:

For what it's worth, I also had arch pain when I first tried SuperFeet Carbon, but solved the problem by going one size larger than the size chart prescribed. I initially felt the SuperFeet arch support was too close to my heel, if that makes sense. Sizing up moved the arch support towards my toes and relieved the pain entirely.

You have to fit Superfeet by standing on them and checking the heel cup fit. Most people have to "size up" based on what is recommended on the box. So tough to do if you can't go in store.

12 hours ago, mwerth said:

I know that exact feeling. It's the reason I can't wear Nike athletic shoes (stuff like Dunks are fine though), I always feel like the arch is too close to my heel.

On 8/21/2023 at 4:54 AM, sweed said:

I love these and suggest you try them. Soft but supportive and lightweight. Easy to mold yourself.

https://retail.formthotics.com/products/ski-tour-dual/

Are these available in the U.S.?  There's no option to buy on their site and any searches usual pull up sites in Australia or New Zealand.

56 minutes ago, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

Are these available in the U.S.?  There's no option to buy on their site and any searches usual pull up sites in Australia or New Zealand.

I´m pretty sure you can get them worldwide. If you google "Formthotics USA" you will get some suggestions.

Howdy,

I tried the Curex in my TF7's because I was getting pain on the bottom of my foot and thought maybe the stock insole was breaking down.  They're ok, but I don't think they're wide enough or something.  The edges of insole dig into my feet a bit, particular from the midfoot or so back.  I went back to a new pair of the stock retail TF insoles.

Mark

On 8/21/2023 at 12:36 PM, Westside said:

Good look. I like the Superfeet Carbon insoles for playing but since I spend way more time officiating throughout the calendar year, comfort is way more important to me. I didn't realize we had the option of buying these insoles (outside of getting them with True Custom skates). Thanks!

Edited by 215BroadStBullies610

I personally prefer the Curex over the Superfeet Carbon. The Superfeet take too much depth and dampen the edge noticeably more than Curex. Comfort is about the same as well as heel lock.