Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#1STUD

Gas Prices?

I am just curious as to what the local gas prices are around where you guys live.

Last night in St. Louis are gas prices jumped from 1.88 for unleaded regular to 2.14. Then it goes up by 10 cents for each better type of gas. :angry: I wish that somebody would do something about this. I can vaguely remember a time when gas was under a dollar a gallon.

Here it's at $2.03 but thats because in Iowa our ethanol is so subsidized that we get lower prices on it. My dad works in St. Louis for the towboat industry and he has had multiple reports that gas prices in the midwest will top $3.00 this summer.

Regular premium is a little over a buck a litre here. But if you think regular gas is expensive, try buying race gas. I just went and picked a 204 litre drum of VP Import (120+ octane leaded gas) for my cousin today, it was a little over 750 dollars before taxes, deposit, enviro fees, etc. After taxes and all that jazz it came out to over 900 dollars, but we'll call it 850 because you get 50 bucks back for returning the drum. That's $4.17 a litre. To totally fill his car up it would be around 189 bucks for one tank, yikes.

what kind of car does he drive!?! :o

in toronto, it's about 80 cents per litre. i was talking with these people who immigrated to canada about 20 years ago, and they were reminiscing about gas prices that were under 20 cents

what kind of car does he drive!?! :o

in toronto, it's about 80 cents per litre. i was talking with these people who immigrated to canada about 20 years ago, and they were reminiscing about gas prices that were under 20 cents

96 talon and an 87 GN for the weekend cars

Had to read this for Econ this year, and found it pretty interesting. It explains all the different factors in the prices of gas. Its also interesting how the entire economy reacts to higher gas prices. Almost everything in the market is effected by oil, whether it be the oil itself, or the gas used to transport other products.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/neic/brochure/oil_g...imer/primer.htm