Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedorov#91

The Smartphone Thread

Too much work. Like I said, that's why I love my Palm. Konami code to root it and if I want to overclock to 1.2GHz, I just press "install" in Preware.

Isn't that their term for jailbreaking? I still refuse to believe Motorola has made a good product in the last 20 years.

Isn't that their term for jailbreaking?

Basically. Along with what JR said

Race - I really hope Moto isn't rushing these things to Hell and sacrificing durability and quality by doing so, because they started fulfilling the other preorders and sending them out already (even the ones that were backordered until 8/3).

It's truly a genius campaign - deflect blame.

I saw the video that was posted for the Palm Pre - I had to white-knuckle it on TOP of the phone. I'd never hold my phone that way. With Apple, all it takes is a finger.

ROM's are more about optimizations to the operating system. They do come with differnt apps preloaded. What comes depends on the ROM. I have an HTC Hero from sprint. I know Sprint and I'm sure Verizon has there crappy apps preloaded that you can't just remove. HTC does as well, along with there Sense UI. Most ROMs remove this bloatware as well as making changes to the UI.

It's truly a genius campaign - deflect blame.

I saw the video that was posted for the Palm Pre - I had to white-knuckle it on TOP of the phone. I'd never hold my phone that way. With Apple, all it takes is a finger.

They FINALLY went after the Droid X, and had to of gone out and found the guy with the largest hands on the face of the earth, because the way he was holding the phone, there is NO WAY someone with normal hands could do it. I completely covered my Droid 1 with my hands, leaving only the signal visible, and lost two bars.

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/dx-antenna-apple-600x406.png

Doh...didn't click the link from camhockey and see that he posted what I posted.

on my second (soon to be third, all cosmetic problems), droid X and cannot, in any way, get either to lose signal. Have i lost signal at all. Yes twice, on the first day while not holding it. I can in no way get it to repeat. I'll lose maybe 1 bar while holding it, and that happens about 10% of the time, if that. Like JR, ive white knuckled, and its nearly impossible to hold the phone in any way to lose signal.

I've had my IPhone 4 for 2 weeks and I haven't had most of the issues that people are bitching about. I don't have signal/antenna problems anywhere that I didn't have them before, it hasn't dropped any calls and I don't have the proximity sensor issue at all. the only problem I have is that my bluetooth headset isn't working properly. about half my calls the caller says I sound muffled. from everything I've read it seems like a software issue. hopefully Apple will get off their ass and fix it.

oh, and my battery life is awesome. just as good as my previous phone which was NOT a smartphone.

I've had my IPhone 4 for 2 weeks and I haven't had most of the issues that people are bitching about. I don't have signal/antenna problems anywhere that I didn't have them before, it hasn't dropped any calls and I don't have the proximity sensor issue at all. the only problem I have is that my bluetooth headset isn't working properly. about half my calls the caller says I sound muffled. from everything I've read it seems like a software issue. hopefully Apple will get off their ass and fix it.

oh, and my battery life is awesome. just as good as my previous phone which was NOT a smartphone.

Good luck with that. Apple will probably say there is something wrong with your vocal cords....

I've had it since launch... but it's frustrating the hell out of me. I haven't had any of the publicized issues, but major problems with just about every application. I'm not sure if it's the app developers not getting up to par with iOS4, or the phone is a lemon.

My Droid X will be here tomorrow. Now, I wonder if I'll be able to leave a note with the tracking number, and my signature for FedEx, just in case they come while I'm at work. hmmm.

My Droid X will be here tomorrow. Now, I wonder if I'll be able to leave a note with the tracking number, and my signature for FedEx, just in case they come while I'm at work. hmmm.

If it requires a signature, no, that won't suffice.

If it requires a signature, no, that won't suffice.

Guess it depends on where you are, people on the Droid-Life website were doing that, and it had worked for them.

iphone 4 will go on sale in canada on friday at apple stores.... 8GB $659 16GB $779, UNLOCKED and ready for use on either telus, bell or rogers/fido. apple is pitting the canadian providers against each other. 'bout time.

Got my Droid X today. Holy crap this thing is fast. Haven't used the camera much but my first impression is very good. Can't wait to get some more use out of it