Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Ever since switching to the skates people have been commenting on how much faster I am or how much stronger of a skater I am. I attribute this to the skates because I can finally get every drop of performance out of my skate

Edited by MikeWhy
  • Like 1

You can give myself or Rob an email and we will be happy to take care of this for you. Sorry that you have been having issues. We will do our best to make this right for you.

I appreciate that, ill shoot you an email asap! Thanks again!

Make sure you guys follow us on Instagram and Facebook. That will be the first place for new product leaks.

Edited by Justin 1933
  • Like 3

Make sure you guys follow us on Instagram and Facebook. That will be the first place for new product leaks.

yes, whatever you are up to, looks like it will be aesthetically pleasing at the least =)

Finally got my RPD Teams out there last night. They felt great. It was the first time in over 10 years I played roller in rink and not on a tennis court. It is so much different than ice. I defiantly need to play around with the lacing the next time I play. The laces that came with them are defiantly way too long. I really cranked down on them causing some lace bite after the first hour or so to compensate for a softer boot than I'm used to. It also could have been the tape I used so the laces didn't drag. I will switch to the howies waxed I usually use. I also got a blister on the inside of each heel, but I think thats because it was so hot. My feet where so sweaty by the end of it. I didn't notice the rubbing untill after an hour or more of playing.

Once I relearned how to stop it was great. The puck does not glide as nicely as on ice and they are obviously so much lighter that I had to adjust my shots for it. Can't wait for next thursday.

Edited by strosedefence34
  • Like 1

This might sound stupid but 96" laces come with the size 6 skates right Justin? I just want to know cause I skip the top eyelet and I have SOOO much extra slack so I'm going to buy a new pair of laces and I want to make sure I know the ones on the skate are 96" so I know to go down to 84s

Just wanted to relay how happy we are with the new Alkali RPD Crew+ ABS Stick.

We have been trying like crazy to find an ABS stick for outdoors that was similar to his ice/inline game stick and this is really lighter and more game like than anything else we have tried.

Do you expect to offer the blades for this at some point?

Edited by gokdog
  • Like 1

Just wanted to relay how happy we are with the new Alkali RPD Crew+ ABS Stick.

We have been trying like crazy to find an ABS stick for outdoors that was similar to his ice/inline game stick and this is really lighter and more game like than anything else we have tried.

Do you expect to offer the blades for this at some point?

We do offer two types of replacement blades (both are available in traditional and tapered).

Got my max skates baked today. Two chairs over from me was Daniel Alfredsson. His son said he liked my skates, I think he might get a pair :) I wanna wear these tonight but guess I'll wait on the bake to settle, don't think 8 hours is enough

• Like 1

Any tips on how to get better heel lock? I was thinking about rebaking the skates and squeezing the heel. I also though about trying Ezee fit booties or something similar.

Yes, reheat fit and having someone squeeze will definitely help.

• Like 1

Couldn't be happier with the fit after heat molding these Max+'s. The skate on the right is unbaked, the skate on the left is baked (mine). The eyelets really laid over like the top of the quarter package does in the pic. Reminds me of baking the Makos. Can't wait to give these a spin in my game tomorrow, even though I've been skating around in them around the warehouse a bit haha.

iuypmx8.jpg

Edited by IW Team - Chase
  • Like 3

Pulled the trigger on a pair of rpd team. The only place that carried alkali was a box store that only had CA3. These happened to be in a seven, which felt ten times more comfortable than my current skates. So, I found a pair of teams on clearance for a real good price. I almost bought the max (not max+). I hope I made the right choice. My old skates were converted 652 with hilo and pro tacks with sure grip frames. Neither of which fit real well anymore (have not been on skates for 7 years) and I never got use to the HiLo set up. I was always more comfortable with the sure grip frames. My favorite skates were the original mission VSI. I wore those till they fell off my feet. I went with the teams as I only skate a couple times a week and play on weekends plus the budget isn't the same as before. It is mostly concrete.

So my questions are?

Should I have went with the Max? What did I miss out on by buying the team vs the max? I get that they have better wheels, bearings, and chassis, however the wheels and bearing don't concern me with the replacement rate that happens on outdoor courts. So I Guess the question is how is the boot compared to the max? Are these frames set up closer to a hilo or the old school suregrip? How aweful will these be If I don't get them baked, because there isn't a shop close by to get them baked at.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jmiro

Couldn't be happier with the fit after heat molding these Max+'s. The skate on the right is unbaked, the skate on the left is baked (mine). The eyelets really laid over like the top of the quarter package does in the pic. Reminds me of baking the Makos. Can't wait to give these a spin in my game tomorrow, even though I've been skating around in them around the warehouse a bit haha.

iuypmx8.jpg

lmfao "skating around in the warehouse a bit" damn i wish I had your job

Yes, reheat fit and having someone squeeze will definitely help.

I re-baked them the other day and squeezed the back of the skates. I also had a little width problem on my right foot near my toes so I cut a sock in half and wore it over my skate socks while baking. Played with them last night and the fit felt so much better. Thanks for the help.

Edited by strosedefence34
  • Like 1

Recently got my Alkali zip up hoody, got to say quality is amazing and it looks pretty sick, warm too coming into winter.

Same goes for an Alkali shirt I bought a couple months back as well.

Nothing but quality!

• Like 1

I got, baked, and skated on my new rpd teams. No regrets here. Previous skates were missions and ccm tacks converted. All I can say I say is wow! I was a little hesitant about the all 80mm set up as I am a size seven. It took no time to transition and boots are so comfortable (I am a sockless type).

• Like 2

Ok update on the skates. I have changed out the wheels(as I knew I would) I considered changing to 76mm as I am a size seven, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. I am digging the all 80 set up. However I never did really like the HILO thing. They have been baked 2x. They are still the most comfortable skates I have had. However,as someone else mentioned, they are digging in right were the toe box meets on my right foot is. I honestly don't want to spend more cash to have them baked again, so I may just have to deal with blisters till I get a callus. I can see why people are striping axles on alkali skates. Justin do you got a torque spec. on these? Dear lord are they are Torqued down from the factory. I also dig the fact you only need one wrench for the axles. Never could find both wrenches when I needed them even though there are always about twenty of them floating around in my bag. Does anyone else put some blue lock tite on there axles? Also went to waxed laces. I could lace two sets of skates with the long laces these Skates came with. I would recommend these to anyone looking for new skates. There are already quit a few guys looking into alkali that I play with. They are die hard mission guys and their only concern is the transition form the HILO.

• Like 1