Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Does anyone know of a way I can swap out the labedas that come with the teams for a harder wheel at no charge?. BeIng that I am 220 lbs and currently use revision steels and am planning on using a combo of them with the labedas. Currently running a hi lo so I do not have all 80mm steels.

Did you buy them at an LHS? Most stores don't have a problem switching the wheels for something else, provided they are of equal or lesser value.

Did you buy them at an LHS? Most stores don't have a problem switching the wheels for something else, provided they are of equal or lesser value.

I bought them online from Inline warehouse. Its no big deal if I cant ill trying going with 2 of the wheels that come with them amd swap out the other 2 for the steels I have now

I bought them online from Inline warehouse. Its no big deal if I cant ill trying going with 2 of the wheels that come with them amd swap out the other 2 for the steels I have now

If the wheels are still unused, id still ask my LHS. The worst they can say is no.

Hockey Monkey did it for me, I made sure they would before I bought them, otherwise, I wouldn't buy them. I had asked Inline Warehouse's online customer service if they would do it, and they would not, guess who didn't get my money...

I'm the same man, anything less than 84A feels like riding a mountain bike with rear suspension(so much energy loss).

I really like the rink rats but I've been meaning to try the harder grip plus addictions, I didn't mind the regular addictions that cake with my skates.

I'm the same man, anything less than 84A feels like riding a mountain bike with rear suspension(so much energy loss).

I really like the rink rats but I've been meaning to try the harder grip plus addictions, I didn't mind the regular addictions that cake with my skates.

Currently I'm using Revision Steels and love them. Just dont have the cash to buy 4 more harder wheels (I have 4 steels in 80 mm. Trying to decide if its best to put the steels in the front and back and the millenniums in the middle or vice versa.

I personally don't like mixing durometres but at a guess I reckon you'd feel more comfortable with the softer wheels in the middle.

When I've mixed durometres in the past I've found it awkward if I've had softs front and hard rear or vice versa.

But again that's just a guess, experimenting with different set ups is half the fun! :)

I just bought a pair of Alkali RPD Comp+ skates and really like them.

My question is, are the bearings serviceable? Can I take them apart for cleaning, or are they permanently sealed?

Thanks.

My Teams came in the other day and man let me tell you even out of the box they are way more comfortable than my Bauer's. Going to try to get them baked this weekend.

• Like 2

okay using teams for a month or so. One complaint. Put some drain holes or vents in the next line. I am about to drill some holes in them. Any suggestions were to put some holes?

Yep, couldn't agree more. Sweat runs down your chassis, into your bearings and onto your wheels. You start slipping all over the place and if you don't clean your bearings immediately after use they start to rust. If you are sweating a lot in your boots I recommend getting some shammy material, cutting it to the shape of your foot bed and put it in your boot under your foot bed (or on top if want but I have never tried it there). The shammy absorbs all excess sweat, if you are playing lots of games in a day cut multiple shammys to swap them out as they get wet.

• Like 1

The missons I had had vents/holes on the side of the boots. Never had an issue. I beleive I had a pair or two that had vents/holes in the toe caps. I beleive they were bauers. So yea.

Drilling holes? Do you really want sweat dripping onto your wheels/floor?

Yeah, don't do this. The Inhalers have vents in specific areas for a reason. I usually epoxy any and all holes if I convert a skate. I remember playing in an iron man with rivet holes exposed. Bad idea. By the end of the day I was slipping with every stride. You could see the sweat on my wheels.

Edited by kovalchuk71

Never gave that a thought as it has never been an issue. I had two mission skates(early proto vsi) with holes on the out side. Went to Bauers that had had toe cap vents low. Last two pair of skates were convert 652 and pro tacks that did not have the rivet holes seals. I personally have never had that issue. And yes I have played all day tourneys that I didn't take of my skates. Not saying it wouldn't happen just saying never happened to me.

Just bought a Alkali RPD Backpack...

As im 5'5 and my kit consists of size 6 Alkalis, size 13" gloves and shins..i opted for the JR size bag (also coupled with the fact i drive a small 2 seat roadster).

The bag is awesome! Love the vent features, and the material! Really feels like a quality bag.

Good job guys!

• Like 1

Hey guys, Does anyone have any experience with the Ca7 vs the RPD Shift skates. I tried the CA7's when they first came on the market but they were not right for me. I felt really flat footed.

Its now time for another set of skates and the Price on the Shifts are making it tempting to try the brand again. Any input is helpful.