Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Can anyone help me with information on their replacement ABS blades - specifically in regards to the nozzle height?

Is it short like the Frontier & CCM Crossover blades? Or is it long like the Reebok & Sher-wood blades?

I have my shaft to the perfect height if use the Reebok & Sher-wood blades, but I really want to try Alkali's blades. If it's short nozzle, it makes my two piece set up too short.

Think you're referring to the hosel. At least from the pics on HM, it would appear that at least the ABS Lite standard blade is a longer hosel. The ABS comp blades both tapered and senior appear to be shorter.

Yes, you are correct. Not sure why I put nozzle?!?

I thought so too via the pictures on HM, but I'm not sure why they would be different heights. I just have the worst feeling they're all short.

Hey guys. Been lurking on this thread and forum for a little while. I used to play a lot of roller hockey, then played some ice and travel teams during high school and then quit skating all together.

Watched the Stanley cup playoffs, fell in love with the lightning team this year and decided I wanted to skate again. Dug out my old mission vi's out of the shed and got to it. They are wore out to say the least. So I was in the market for new skates.

A few days ago I ordered the alkali rpd team skates from inline warehouse baked them and then took them out for a spin this morning. Man! What a skate. They are perfectly baked and fit like a glove. The all 80 set up is fast and I feel completely in control digging in to corners and the turning radius is legit.

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the info in this thread. This will definitely not be my last alkali product.

Hey guys. Been lurking on this thread and forum for a little while. I used to play a lot of roller hockey, then played some ice and travel teams during high school and then quit skating all together.

Watched the Stanley cup playoffs, fell in love with the lightning team this year and decided I wanted to skate again. Dug out my old mission vi's out of the shed and got to it. They are wore out to say the least. So I was in the market for new skates.

A few days ago I ordered the alkali rpd team skates from inline warehouse baked them and then took them out for a spin this morning. Man! What a skate. They are perfectly baked and fit like a glove. The all 80 set up is fast and I feel completely in control digging in to corners and the turning radius is legit.

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the info in this thread. This will definitely not be my last alkali product.

• Like 4

Need contact info for Alkali! Hopefully an issue covered by warranty:

Update on my RPD Max's after 8 months of usage 1-2 times per week:

Noticed yesterday that the chassis is bent on my left skate, front wheel. Only really noticed because I blew out the hubs of three addiction wheels, seems like it's because my wheel is hitting the ground at an odd angle during hard stops/starts/turns. I've heard Alkali has great customer service, I just can't figure out how to get in touch with them :)

Edit: found the email for warranty on their site, minutes after I posted this. Hoping to hear back soon, will update.

Edit 2: Joe already got back to me (under 10 minutes) and said they're going to take care of it. Awesome company, awesome products!

Edited by vnderachiever
  • Like 1

RPE+ Skate on display at State Wars - This skate is built for the player with the wider foot. Over-sized toe box, wider last, foam/felt combo tongue allows for increased volume.

https://www.facebook.com/285704271507894/photos/np.1438710834579111.1352354014/895382797206702/?type=1&notif_t=notify_me_page

It says this link is dead - do you have another link? I'm having trouble with my wide foot finding a good skate. I tried the Comp+ which was too narrow.

so i finally got my rpd shift+ ! really excited, the size is perfect. gonna bake 'em later. i laced it up to see how it fit me, and stand up, width definitely wider which is nice, however my left foot balance is different compared to my right.

the left chassis was mounted a little bit to the right (a bit disappointed here as my CA7 also had the chassis misaligned ). never saw such thing on other pairs that i've tried.

will it affect my skating? im quite afraid that my outside edge might suffer.

should i bake it first to see if it can improve the fit and balance? any advice on how to adjust the chassis?

Edited by jazz4all

Alex does not work there anymore. That is why your e-mail doesn't go through. Try joe@alkalihockey.com

same with joe@alkalihockey.com

i got the same email rejected by the server.

Looks like I spoke too soon. Two weeks since I received an almost immediate email stating that "George" would send me info about how to get the skates replaced, I haven't heard from George or Joe.

Biggest bummer about this whole thing: I've missed 4 games now and at this point i'll be missing the playoffs/finals next week!

was told by a friend when he tried to order from hockeygiant that they told him alkali was going out of business. He was also told this at a local shop in St. Louis. Can anyone confirm this?

was told by a friend when he tried to order from hockeygiant that they told him alkali was going out of business. He was also told this at a local shop in St. Louis. Can anyone confirm this?

if that is their current plan they would be doing a bad job of it, considering they are about to release a new second skate line,

No, bauer did not buy them. A private company bought them, and things are moving on as normal.

They better keep it very similar to what it is now or else I'll need you to start up another company aha. Seriously though they better not downgrade cause of this because I finally found a skate company I am all about.

• Like 3

They better keep it very similar to what it is now or else I'll need you to start up another company aha. Seriously though they better not downgrade cause of this because I finally found a skate company I am all about.

you and me both bud