Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quinton1

How many people use shafts vs one pieces?

Shafts vs one pieces  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have 2 piece sticks and think they are very helpful. When a blade goes dead you dont have to replace the full stick. I still perfer the performance you get with the one piece.

I have both, but primarily use OPS. I lean towards them since I like the balanced feel.

Right now I have 2 shafts that I use.

One is only used when I want to try a new curve out before I buy an OPS. If I like the curve, I buy an OPS with that curve and use the shaft/blade combo as a back-up until I get more OPS's. I have had to stray against this lately as a lot of new curves I wanted to try are only available as OPS (Easton E28, CCM/Reebok C46/P46, etc).

The other shaft is used for outdoor and training only. Its heavy since its a low priced shaft and uses ABS blades.

2 piece ever since I'm in Europe. I never have a decent price point and always have to plan replacements... so 2 piece it is..

I have been using both. Normally was a OPS only user but found a smoking deal on a Warrior shaft. Surprised by how much I enjoy 2pc setup. But always come back to enjoying the feel of my OPS more. Nothing wrong with a 2pc setup and if were more available at my LHS I would probably stay with it.

1 piece for sure...I've tried 2 piece sticks before and it just lacks the feel that a one piece can provide. There is a disconnect in feel between my hands and the puck with a 2 piece.

Used a 2 piece until it was stolen from the locker room. I even found a blade in a kreps/ovi pattern that fit the standard shaft, it was an upsetting day. After that, I tried a one piece and just like the balance of a one piece better

I'm a shaft-and-blade guy. Probably always will be, as long as they continue to make them. The trick is finding something you like and stocking up. I usually have between 3 and 6 shafts and blades on hand.

This thread does cause me to wonder why Brett Hull continued to use a blade shaft combo even later in his career.

Thats a great question.

Speaking of Hull, got a great deal on an Easton S15 shaft yesterday and am going to put one of my old Hull blades back into the rotation.

This thread does cause me to wonder why Brett Hull continued to use a blade shaft combo even later in his career.

From my own experiences, sometimes you try the new thing and discover that you don't want to go through the learning curve. Remember- Brett played two piece sticks since Junior hockey, as he was one of the very first in Junior hockey to use an aluminium stick.

Two piece....., I can score and miss the net with both a one piece and a two piece, so for my money why not take the better value and use the shaft and blade combo!!!! Much cheaper to replace a broken blade or shaft then spring for the one piece!!!

It's getting harder to get blades. I think 2-piece setups are on the way out. I'm a 2-piece guy.

Wow a lot of good responses!

And for the 2 pieces, is anybody using broken 1 piece sticks with a replacement blade?

Or do you guys use mostly like new shafts that are manufactured 2 piece sticks?

Do you get better feel with a manufactured 2 piece rather than a broken 1 piece with a blade?

Thanks

I haven't turned a one piece into a two piece, yet. I haven't broken anything yet; that is, unless you count the blade I unsuccessfully tried bending...

Wow a lot of good responses!

And for the 2 pieces, is anybody using broken 1 piece sticks with a replacement blade?

Or do you guys use mostly like new shafts that are manufactured 2 piece sticks?

Do you get better feel with a manufactured 2 piece rather than a broken 1 piece with a blade?

Thanks

Its getting harder to convert 1 Piece Sticks to shaft/blade combos with all of the Eliptical/Dagger Tapers that are coming out.

With that said in the past I had a ton of success with Warrior Dolomites, Easton SE16s, etc. Even converted the Miken I got from SummerJam to a 2-piece and am a big fan of that set up.

I'd say in terms of broken one pieces, for me personally at least, I find that sometimes the shaft tends to 'open up' on some shots. Could just be me shooting but that's something I've noticed.