Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

17 hours ago, flip12 said:

His shafts could be different shapes than what they offer at retail.

I'm saying that it wouldn't make sense or him to custom order TRUE sticks with his length/flex/shaft dimensions this late into the season. He's extremely picky regarding his sticks. He also has his contract with Bauer which, while I don't know the dollar amount, does pay him very well. From watching him today he was having some annoyances with his sticks, so it sounds like it's a bad batch. 

He's still using the 1S during games (per today in Chicago)

3 hours ago, Utterkaos94 said:

So why not just wear tech mesh vapors? Marketing?

Because it doesn't align with the products offered.  The first tech mesh Vapor is the 4th skate in the line.  The 7000 is offered at retail and spec-wise is what that custom skate is most likely going to be.  Since it's a traditional skate, they can cut it into any shape they want, therefore it's easier to just offer it as the tech mesh option at pro.  

16 hours ago, Bbd94 said:

I'm saying that it wouldn't make sense or him to custom order TRUE sticks with his length/flex/shaft dimensions this late into the season. He's extremely picky regarding his sticks. He also has his contract with Bauer which, while I don't know the dollar amount, does pay him very well. From watching him today he was having some annoyances with his sticks, so it sounds like it's a bad batch. 

He's still using the 1S during games (per today in Chicago)

Companies will often make up some samples for guys on other deals. It could be that Ovechkin ended up in a conversation with a True rep and said, "sure, I'll give them a try in practice, whip me up a dozen." It happens most often in the offseason/preseason but he could be in a situation where he's trying to stretch out a batch of his normal sticks.

2 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Companies will often make up some samples for guys on other deals. It could be that Ovechkin ended up in a conversation with a True rep and said, "sure, I'll give them a try in practice, whip me up a dozen." It happens most often in the offseason/preseason but he could be in a situation where he's trying to stretch out a batch of his normal sticks.

Agree it's just practice. Could be a set made up for him, could  be a demo given to him, could be another player's stick he grabbed to try out. No big deal, it's practice. 

Those adidas stripes are AWFUL. Dear God let them not do that to NHL sweaters. Can you imagine teams like Toronto with two stripes on the bottom of their jersey and sleeves, and three Adidas stripes underneath the armpit?

From quick count this would look awful for: Anaheim, Boston, Carolina, Chicago, Detroit, Dallas, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Montreal, New Jersey, NYR, NYI, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Washington, Vancouver, Winnipeg. All these teams incorporate striping at the bottom of their jerseys, or they have stripes on/near the arms. 

That's over 20/30 teams..

6 minutes ago, flip12 said:

The North America logo looks a bit off...

Notre Dame "N" and LA Angels "A" overlapping over a Dorito chip

Stripes aside, I actually really like the jerseys so far, much more than what I saw at Sochi. And I honestly didn't even notice the stripes at first glance. I'm going to reserve judgement till I see them in motion, though I'm not a fan of the USA logo

As one of the jersey fanatics here... I hate these. But everyone else seems to like them so oh well. I am interested in the shoulder material.

8 hours ago, Hills said:

As one of the jersey fanatics here... I hate these. But everyone else seems to like them so oh well. I am interested in the shoulder material.

Trust me this is the minority. The response has been overwhelmingly negative. Going by the comments on NHL posts on IG/Facebook and Twitter, people hate the stripes and the entire North America and Team Europe jerseys.

What is the difference between these and the EDGE jerseys? Fabric? The fit looks the same with diaper hem and now with three stripes piping.

26 minutes ago, Bbd94 said:

Trust me this is the minority. The response has been overwhelmingly negative. Going by the comments on NHL posts on IG/Facebook and Twitter, people hate the stripes and the entire North America and Team Europe jerseys.

The interesting thing is that I don't totally mind the stripes on the jerseys. I figured they were coming for these, but the designs themselves are terrible... where are the 2 Sweden stripes that have existed on Sweden jerseys basically forever (I am aware of the 1 generation in the 2000s that didn't have them, I own one).

2 minutes ago, Hills said:

The interesting thing is that I don't totally mind the stripes on the jerseys. I figured they were coming for these, but the designs themselves are terrible... where are the 2 Sweden stripes that have existed on Sweden jerseys basically forever (I am aware of the 1 generation in the 2000s that didn't have them, I own one).

This is actually what I'm worried about.

If you have teams like Toronto or Montreal that have two stripes, how can you incorporate the three stripes under the armpit without looking awkward/getting rid of the two stripes? What about teams like Chicago or Boston that have three?

Anyways I'll shut up now, you guys are probably getting annoyed of me. This is something I'm passionate about, though, and something I feel is an unfortunate precursor to NHL jerseys. If they can get away with completely re-designing jerseys, I worry for the future of advertisements on jerseys as well.

Those jerseys themselves just look awful. Like the actual jerseys. The colors just look awful and it eliminates the ability to have a lace tie-up on them as well. Why can't adidas just put their logo on the jersey like everyone else.

Not too excited for the future NHL jerseys if this is what Adidas is doing so far.

At the Let's Play Hockey Expo STX had the Surgeon RX2 in the booth.  It looked similar to the RX.  I should have snapped some pictures.  My bad but I'm sure there are some out there.

11 hours ago, MSPeterson91 said:

At the Let's Play Hockey Expo STX had the Surgeon RX2 in the booth.  It looked similar to the RX.  I should have snapped some pictures.  My bad but I'm sure there are some out there.

It *may* look similar to the RX, but it's a completely different stick.  Have to assume that you didn't touch the stick because you would've seen what makes it completely different than anything else out there.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:56 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

It *may* look similar to the RX, but it's a completely different stick.  Have to assume that you didn't touch the stick because you would've seen what makes it completely different than anything else out there.

My Son held the stick, confirmed it feels very different than anything else. The shaft shape has no corners on one side. felt good in the hand, fit the hand nicely.