Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

4 minutes ago, Bbd94 said:

I never understand why people don't explain what they're talking about. I'm assuming it's the Easton Helmet but then again I don't know.

Agreed; in this case it's the stick, from Warrior to Bauer..............he was  one of Warrior's poster boys

How long has Toews been out of x90 and what is he in, haven't seen this in the thread. 

Edit Nevermind.  

On 4/3/2016 at 9:16 PM, Bbd94 said:

I'd like to see this more around the league

Specifically the Caps and Panthers, to figure out what the hell Jagr wears on his skates. I can't tell if it's tape or a woman's hair band. 

Jagr uses tape to hold his skate laces in place. He doesn't lace up the top two or three eyelets.

jj tap.jpg

4 hours ago, Jagrmullet said:

Jagr uses tape to hold his skate laces in place. He doesn't lace up the top two or three eyelets.

jj tap.jpg

Wait, doesn't everyone tape their laces?  i was doing this as a kid in the early 80's and do it for my kids when they lace up.  i don't want them coming undone on my little guys, its such a pain in the a$$ to get them to hold still the first go 'round i don't want to do it a second time

On April 3, 2016 at 7:31 AM, Bbd94 said:

I never understand why people don't explain what they're talking about. I'm assuming it's the Easton Helmet but then again I don't know.

^ This. All the time in this thread. It's like a guessing game half the time. 

On 4/2/2016 at 3:43 PM, XS222 said:

not sure if anyone else has posted this, please feel free to delete if it's a repost, but i just found a cool series on YouTube from the Devils called "The Fix" - basically the EQMs doing repairs/mods to the players' gear - kinda cool. here's 2, but there's more - one is Jiri Tlusty's skate and one is Patrik Elias' skate

edit: I'm just realizing this isn't necessarily a GEAR SIGHTING. so mods, please delete/move if this is off topic - my apologies

What type of steel is on  Patrik Elias skates in the 2nd video??!!! He's got edge holders but are those just LS3's with blackedge coating? Looks like hes got his last name and number on them

4 hours ago, Boostinmister2 said:

What type of steel is on  Patrik Elias skates in the 2nd video??!!! He's got edge holders but are those just LS3's with blackedge coating? Looks like hes got his last name and number on them

Ramonedge

4 hours ago, Boostinmister2 said:

No.  BlackEdge coating gives it a slightly glossy finish.  His are matte black.  Elias' specific steel is RamonEdge, but DLC steel in the NHL right now could be any of the handful of companies manufacturing specialized steel for pro players.  Jagr, Lucic, and Carter are among individual players, and most NHL teams currently have stock with the team logo etched on them.

I got a pair in from an EQM friend of mine.  Really, really nice steel.  Apparently sharpens like a dream too.  I have them on my VHs.

1517554_10153946316876115_23745321952247  

18 hours ago, syinx said:

No.  BlackEdge coating gives it a slightly glossy finish.  His are matte black.  Elias' specific steel is RamonEdge, but DLC steel in the NHL right now could be any of the handful of companies manufacturing specialized steel for pro players.  Jagr, Lucic, and Carter are among individual players, and most NHL teams currently have stock with the team logo etched on them.

I got a pair in from an EQM friend of mine.  Really, really nice steel.  Apparently sharpens like a dream too.  I have them on my VHs.

1517554_10153946316876115_23745321952247  

18 hours ago, Joonas #6 said:

Ramonedge

Thanks guys!

Syinx, those are sweet! So you can't purchase these anywhere? Would love to get a set.

Just now, Boostinmister2 said:

Thanks guys!

Syinx, those are sweet! So you can't purchase these anywhere? Would love to get a set.

Officially, you can't buy them anywhere in North America.  I believe DLC-coated steel companies outside of NA refuse to ship them here (RamonEdge, Massive Blade, etc.), but Bauer lets their pros have what they want.

The Tydan blades don't appear to have runners compatible with Edge holders. Why won't Bauer let companies make steel for their holder? Charge them a fee if you want, but at least let them make them. Especially when your steel is simply subpar.

I noticed Mats Zuccarello switched skates recently to a pair he used to wear, I think he was wearing Vapors recently and Nexus at one point but the past few games I noticed these and can't figure out what they are.  They look like something I've seen before but I can't place it (I've been out of the hockey scene for a number of years so there's a gap in my knowledge of gear, sorry if it's something super obvious I just knew if anyone knows it's you guys).  These shots are from earlier this season:

mats-zuccarello-star.jpg

494116644_slide.jpg

They look like Nexus skates, maybe new graphics? I know all skates last year either had black or clear shot blockers on them, custom cut for all their skates but these look to not have any on them.

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-12%20at%207.55.3

Thanks guys!  I didn't know they made them so form fitting, I've only seen the clear ones that stand out like a sore thumb, and definitely never saw them with a design on them (that looks pretty awesome).  Thanks again everyone :-)