Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

Yeah, that's definitely not a Fitlite. I've seen David Perron, P.K, Crosby, and Tavares wearing that helmet. I don't know when CCM is going to announce it but I hope it's soon because it's gorgeous.

It's the FitLite 3DS helmet.

Is PK wearing Easton Pro gloves, CCM branded?

That was literally my first thought - the rolls and fingers are definitely Easton.

Saw this video on ESPN.com about Jagr, and interesting some of the equipment he's wearing now.

I knew about those skate straps, shown early in the video, but anybody know what the "flak jacket" style vest he's putting on at around 10 secs is?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/40842/jaromir-jagr-says-peyton-manning-shouldnt-retire

It's weight vest. And I also think that perhaps you have misunderstood about "skate straps". I've been curious too about Jagr's gum-band like straps but this is not it. This is just a weight for practice. It seems he likes weight added training.

Then I felt interesting about his skate settings. He uses 3 pair skates and he takes 5mm or more height shims into the heel of holder. The holders are Tuuk Custom+. I'm curious why he still loves the old Tuuk holders yet.

It's weight vest. And I also think that perhaps you have misunderstood about "skate straps". I've been curious too about Jagr's gum-band like straps but this is not it. This is just a weight for practice. It seems he likes weight added training.

Then I felt interesting about his skate settings. He uses 3 pair skates and he takes 5mm or more height shims into the heel of holder. The holders are Tuuk Custom+. I'm curious why he still loves the old Tuuk holders yet.

Jagr's skates are monstrosities.

Custom+ probably because of the softer flex, and growing up on that feel. There's still a few others using them; Duncan Keith spotted in them a few pages back.

Jagr's skates are monstrosities.

Custom+ probably because of the softer flex, and growing up on that feel. There's still a few others using them; Duncan Keith spotted in them a few pages back.

Also he rivets the holders with screws (maybe) with using less limited holes.

Fmm... I guess I will take a new pair of Custom+ holders and try it on my next VH... Is its runner shape is the same as LS2?

That was literally my first thought - the rolls and fingers are definitely Easton.

Looks like they sewed on the entire CCM cuff assembly onto an Easton glove as the back cuff is also CCM-branded.

Fmm... I guess I will take a new pair of Custom+ holders and try it on my next VH... Is its runner shape is the same as LS2?

I agree about the fastening of the holders. It looks like RMS screws like I think he also had on his 705's back in the day.

I get confused by all the different runners that Bauer has come out with for the LS2. From what I've been able to gather on here, some of those come with a 9' radius, and some a 10'. Of course, Jagr's personal radius preference could be different.

Edit: forgot to say, Custom+ runners come with a 9' radius, I believe.

I don't get why you'd want to emulate a player in his mid 40s who keeps using old gear only because he's used to it.

I don't get why you'd want to emulate a player whose preferences are customized to him specifically.

FTFY

Seriously, I don't get to customizing your gear to match what someone else does. I get using the same brand or maybe even the same look, but when people start doing things because the pro is doing it is just strange to me. I do things because I like them or they fit what I do on the ice. If I do something and it happens to align with a pro I admire, then that is just an awesome bonus.

FTFY

Seriously, I don't get to customizing your gear to match what someone else does. I get using the same brand or maybe even the same look, but when people start doing things because the pro is doing it is just strange to me. I do things because I like them or they fit what I do on the ice. If I do something and it happens to align with a pro I admire, then that is just an awesome bonus.

It makes a lot of sense to see a pro doing something and think "hmm that makes sense, I think I'll try that", but not when they're doing it because they're set in their ancient ways. That would be like watching Ryan Smyth play and think "hmm, he uses a wood stick, I think I'll go get one"

But maybe almost people on this thread probably have an experiences that playing with Custom+, I think. Also I'm so. I've thought that it's so interesting if I will make a good situation to use and test all kinds of holders quickly and perfectly (mean tuning the same profile).

But maybe almost people on this thread probably have an experiences that playing with Custom+, I think. Also I'm so. I've thought that it's so interesting if I will make a good situation to use and test all kinds of holders quickly and perfectly (mean tuning the same profile).

Custom plus replacement steel is getting harder and harder to find, hasn't even been in the Bauer catalog for the past few years. Why get a holder where you might not be able to find replacement parts for soon?

Custom plus replacement steel is getting harder and harder to find, hasn't even been in the Bauer catalog for the past few years. Why get a holder where you might not be able to find replacement parts for soon?

I think probably you are right. Finding out a new runners of Custom+ holder is probably hard.

But only at now time, it seems we can find some items on ebay easily. For example this.

I think probably you are right. Finding out a new runners of Custom+ holder is probably hard.

But only at now time, it seems we can find some items on ebay easily. For example this.

Yeah, as you point out, if you're game for some light scrounging you can probably find all you need.

Not around here. The last time I had No Icing put Custom + on a pair of my skates I had to find the holders/steel online elsewhere as they were out and couldn't order more. And that was some 4-5 years ago.