Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Disappointing gear

Easton stealth rs2 stick for lack of puck feel and durability.

All top end skates because there a rip off. Does one think the 2 square feet of material costs twice as much as the mid tier one. At least top end sticks have a lot of high grade carbon that justifies the cost.

Once I ordered the Nexus 1N to try it out and there was definitely something off about the stick. It was about 25 grams heavier than the heaviest estimate of its weight.

Any chance that might have been an "SE" version? I haven't handled the regular retail to compare it to, but that might be it? For the record, I love my 1N SE :)

Easton V9, got it as a replacement for a busted Mako II and they stiffened it in all the wrong places.

Just didn't have the whip of the Mako II. Flex zone for also felt like it shrunk. The blade became very pingy. Reminded me of the Vapor X:60.

Reebok 30k hockey gloves that I got on sale for 99.00

I thought I would like them when I tried it on and wanted to try the anatomical fit. I absolutely hate the palm and it's too smooth even with my gripped hockey sticks. I really should have stayed with the tried and true type gloves I am used to.

There was a member here who suggested the warrior franchise glove and the fit is very similar to my current hockey gloves. When the palms go on my franchises, I gonna get them replaced with pearl mustang which I have on my current gloves.

CCM RBZ skates, especially the Hyperglide steel; after profiling and multiple sharps still couldn't hold an edge. Never got used to the boot either, despite baking twice and plenty of ice time.

I just ordered a pair. I watched a review in which they were saying ice shavings stick to the blade more. I'm thinking about switching out the polished blade for one of the black ones.

I really did not like the pop or shaft on my All Black Hockey Stick. It broke after a couple of months, too. I'd rather spend an extra $30-$50 and get an older top end stick. I don't think it is worth the price point at all. If they were $60 maybe.

does getting a flat bottom v sharpening count? what a crock. lol.

maybe it's because I'm no professional player or former college or junior player. felt that it was unnecessary and prefer traditional sharpening.

All of the gloves by CCM released after the U+ CLs have disappointed me. The quality of materials and the feel of the products have been (to me) a marked step down.

would agree too

my CL500's blew apart in less than 12 skates

although they replaced them out of warranty w some Ultra Tacks I really hated those gloves

back to Warrior's, those things are bomb proof

does getting a flat bottom v sharpening count? what a crock. lol.

maybe it's because I'm no professional player or former college or junior player. felt that it was unnecessary and prefer traditional sharpening.

Really? It was very noticeable for me. Significant improvement.

I agree with Optimus. I noticed a significant difference (in a positive way) switching to FBV. I don't think it makes me faster or anything, but I do feel it requires less effort to get the same glide I got with traditional ROH sharpening.

this is how it was explained to me: they (my sharpening guy) believe it has to do with the radius of the blade. from the factory, the balance point of the skate blade is not as optimal for balance for each individual player. which makes sense because they are mass producing these things. for different players, the balance point should be adjusted to their height and weight. then the degree of hollow for their respective abilities.

being a not so much beginner but not advanced, wanting to be competitive and move up levels, he gave me a custom radius from a template he has and a nice depth for hollow. the difference I felt with what he did versus the flat bottom v I had was tremendous. maybe it was all in his custom template, but I definitely cannot blame my skates for lack of performance.

I can glide for days. plus I don't have to worry about losing an edge and being sol for a whole game if it happens during a game. I feel faster, balance is better, and conserve energy for when I need it most.

but this is just the ramblings of an old guy attempting to play hockey :D

on another note, I've never seen someone take so much metal off my blade in one sitting. had the pleasure of chatting with him while he worked on my skates and there were tons (seemingly) of material he shaved off to match his template.

on another note, I've never seen someone take so much metal off my blade in one sitting. had the pleasure of chatting with him while he worked on my skates and there were tons (seemingly) of material he shaved off to match his template.

Then I hope you had tall steel to begin with. Profiling that takes a lot of steel off the blade would make me say no thanks!

Sure but a custom radius and FBV have nothing to do with each other.

True, I did have a radius done with the fbv. Could it be that the guy who did the custom radius just know his stuff way better than others?

The blades have plenty of steel lol

True, I did have a radius done with the fbv. Could it be that the guy who did the custom radius just know his stuff way better than others?

The blades have plenty of steel lol

Did you ask them both for the same profile or did you just take what they gave you?

The fbv guy asked if I wanted one and I said yes. The custom radius guy asked what level I played, my weight, and if I liked the fbv. Then he said he had just the thing for me and went to town lol.

The fbv guy asked if I wanted one and I said yes. The custom radius guy asked what level I played, my weight, and if I liked the fbv. Then he said he had just the thing for me and went to town lol.

so, you have no idea what profiles each of them put on your skates? That sounds like a much more likely source of discomfort/problem than ROH vs FBV