Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fonya

Your First Post

Blues all the way, and Al MacInnis is my favorite player.

No idea why that was my first post. Not saying it's false or anything, just seems pretty random.

I want to put a team logo on my pants. I'd rather not sew it on, as I would have to take apart the leg of the pants to remove a piece of the padding. I was told on Corebem that I could use stick glue...has anyone tried this? Does it stay on, or is there a chance that it will peel over time.

Thoughts?

I never did do it....

QUOTE (seanmccann @ Oct 4 2004, 11:36 PM)

QUOTE (Morrow @ Oct 4 2004, 07:46 PM)

It is absolutely brutal were I live.Mainly for SSAC. I mean they have frickon coaches kids on the AA and AAA teams. Its a joke. And they choose certain kids based on what community the played for last year.Its brutal.

Ya there is alot of politics in that whole league, especially SP, not to name any names.

I would have to say that the politics in Sherwood Park and SSAC are very un-ethical. There seems to be a lot of politics here, at least...

Sean Mcann are you from Sherwood Park?

i am very impressed guys. it looks like a lot of hard work was put into this. two thumbs up

Official Dick of Modsquadhockey

thanks for clearing that up JR

The post below was a reply in the "Hockey pressure" thread, at the start of the winter 2004 season, my first as a minor hockey head coach. I got back lots of advice and we had a pretty good season.

I have been an assistant coach in the past. The players were great.  And I love teaching the game and seeing the players pick things up.  But, as noted above, we had some problem parents. 

To be fair, I think that, for the most part, the parents had been good; it's only the exceptions that cause problems. These ones had told us coaches that we didn't correct / yell enough, and that we were too laid back, encouraging, and happy. They thought that we detracted from the seriousness of the players. etc. etc.

Over the course of the season they started swaying some of the other parents to be a bit more aggressive, too, not just at the games (as noted in the story above), but also at the practices. When I did hockey as a kid, the parents used to drop us off at the practices and pick us up afterwards.

This year I volunteered to be a head coach for Atom house (10-11 yr olds). I'm really worried about the problem parents; they burned out a lot of the head coaches from last year. Now that I have talked to the other head coaches who don't want to coach any more, "what was I thinking"? My wife is asking, "what were you thinking?" But, I do love to teach and see the improvements. 

Does anybody have suggestions about dealing with these types of parents? Should I try to make peace with them, explain what the team goals are for the season, or ignore them / develop a thick skin? I was hoping that the more serious parents would put their sons / daughters on the rep team, but it looks like a lot of those players didn't make that team and will play house this year. These players' parents tended to tell them not to listen to the coaches because the coaches were ignorant, so we sometimes had mayhem at the practices. I'm also worried about some of these parents berating their kids after a "sub-par" game or practice. Any advice from players, parents, coaches, refs, etc. would be greatly appreciated. I think my problem is that I can't understand their point of view.

To the moderators: should this thread be in "General Hockey Discussions" (because it is not really NHL-related)?

i am very impressed guys. it looks like a lot of hard work was put into this. two thumbs up

thanks for clearing that up JR

Now dont I feel like quite the idiot. I take that back lol.

I tape it all the way around.I never used to tape it at all. I tried it once and after playing for a few minutes I quickly got used to(and kinda like) the friction.I even tape the toe too.Now I cant play without tape it just feels to slippery!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3672631415&rd=1

Pro Air 90's w/ the old Comp outsole !!! If only they were my size. Ahh well.

P.S. Good to see everyone back in one place again! Though I do miss the blue theme, MSH looks slick. :P

Was replying to some post about the old Bauer Air 90's I think or rare skates, something like that.........I was lost when during those few hours/days/whatever I found out Corebeam was shut down and when I found MSH hahah

Skater

Handle: white cloth

Blade: Black

Shins: clear

Goalie

White cloth on top/bottom of handle, white on top/bottom of paddle, white on blade.

that was his first post buddy.....He was complimenting the mods on MSH...Chillizle

Posted: May 18 2004, 09:01 PM

I got a pair of the D-Limiteds from totalhockey.net for 349.00..and worth every penny if I may say. Comfy right out of the box as everyone says.

Nothing to fancy.

that was his first post buddy.....He was complimenting the mods on MSH...Chillizle

You shizzle buddy, if you read the thread you would have saw I already appologized. :D

you might want to try some superfeet footbeds, i had them in my missions and they seem to work pretty well

best first post ever. :P

First post was by Dave -

Welcome to your new Invision Power Board!

This is simply a test message confirming that the installation was successful.

You can remove this message, topic, forum or even category at any time.

Then Ponty replied with -

Someone turn on the lights!

This was on Mar 2, 2004.