Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LkptTiger

Pet-Peeves

more from me

- most conservatives

- ridiculously smart people who try to get every e/c opp. in class just to bumb the 97% to a 98%

- people that think hockey's gay but baseball is the best sport ever

I had a teacher that was a friggin show who wore thongs every day. Made it even harder to pay attention in 8th Grade english. :D

I'll add another one to the list. Its when little kids swear to try and be cool.

E.G- Yo, those F**king pokemon cards are F**king sick yo.

Unnecessary remakes of films that are easily some of the best in cinematic history. (ex: The Manchurian Candidate)

And beyond that, when the remake doesn't live up to the first film (ex: Rollerball), a movie based on an old television series buries the memory of the show (ex: Wild Wild West, Bewitched, The Hulk, I Spy, etc.)

On a somewhat related note, I can't think of a single movie that I saw during the first part of the summer that wasn't based in some part on another series or movie that came before it, they keep tricking me into watching the same stuff over and over again! <_<

Unnecessary remakes of films that are easily some of the best in cinematic history.  (ex:  The Manchurian Candidate)

Have you seen both versions recently?

I had heard so many great things about The Manchurian Candidate over the years, so I had Tivoed it. I tried three times to watch it before I finally had to admit it doesn't hold up well. I'll throw out that the effects don't compare well, because that's to be expected, but the acting and dialogue were terrible compared to current movies. I was really disappointed after seeing so many critics list it as one of the great movies of all time.

I'm not trying to topple a sacred cow, but I think a higher level of realism started creeping into the dialogue and acting around the late sixties. I understand there have been thousands of stupid movies, but there's been a lot less, "Oh, dahling......." ;)

People who suck at driving

Haha that's me!!! :o All of mine go off to the right...ehhhh :unsure:

Haha driving a car, not a golf ball. But people who can't hit a fairway while tanking it out there a ways is somewhat annoying.

Haha that's me!!! :o All of mine go off to the right...ehhhh :blink:

Haha driving a car, not a golf ball. But people who can't hit a fairway while tanking it out there a ways is somewhat annoying.

Dangles I think you haven't played Peregrine, but the 8th hole there this guy yesterday playing from the blacks ripped his drive over the bunker into the 9th fairway flew it 310+, it landed around 350. Needless to say it was the biggest ripper I've seen this year..

Haha that's me!!! :o All of mine go off to the right...ehhhh :blink:

Dangles I think you haven't played Peregrine, but the 8th hole there this guy yesterday playing from the blacks ripped his drive over the bunker into the 9th fairway flew it 310+, it landed around 350. Needless to say it was the biggest ripper I've seen this year..

No, I haven't played Peregrine but I've driven around it. Who was it? 8 is the Par 5 with the water all along the left side right?

Yea 8 is the Pebble 18 designed hole with all the water. I don't know the guys name but I know he plays for Virginia Tech and was a freshman this year, I'll see if hes around anymore and find out

Here we go

Fat girls, little girls with loud high-pitched annoying voices, little kids that don't know how to cuss but still try to, cocky people, rich kids, people that lose and say that they sucked only that day or they were not trying, people that play a certain sport just to be considered cool, kids that do drugs/drink, kids that brag about failing, kids that brag about anything, people that tell a joke, people laugh, but then they keep telling over and over again.

People who piss on the seat in public restrooms and leave it - C'mon would you do that if you were at home?

Bad drivers - people who are brake happy, leave their turn signal on, drive slow in the fast lane, think they can talk on the cellphone, stuff their face with a big mac, read a book...ugh there's TOOOO much to list

People who try to make small talk - I'm a cashier at Home Depot and I don't care what project you are working on at home. Don't talk to me about the weather either...if it's pouring rain or freezing cold, don't come in and start telling me how wet or cold it is out there...you're the dumbfuck who didn't watch the weather channel before leaving the house.

People who can't make change - yes it still happens even with the cash registers that tell exactly how much change should be given. If the bill is $5.38 and I give you $6.13 it's because I want three quarters back not because I want 62 cents plus my thirteen cents PLUS however many more coins you pull out because you're too damn confused.

People who wear too much perfume/cologne - spray, delay, and walk away. It's not meant as a substitute for a bath or shower

I think that's enough for now

People who speak a foreign language in front of me and whisper it!! I can't understand a word you're saying even if you scream it!!!!!!

People who act like they can't understand English, then want a break at retail on the price. This isn't a flea market- the price is the price! When I go to your country, I will understand that this is the way you do things in your country. Well, guess what, this is the way we do things in MY COUNTRY!!

"Did you ever feel like you moved and don't remember packing?" Spoken by a 70 year old Montreal gentleman on a bank line to his gentleman friend. BTW, I heard this quote in 1983!!!!!!!!!!!! Look around everybody, the world is changing right out from under you.

If I offend anyone, never mind..........

my gr9 math teacher was smoking hot and she would tell us all her lil adventures she had when she was in her teens and she kept bragin about how she did it when she was just 16. I barely learned math that year.

my gr9 math teacher was smoking hot and she would tell us all her lil adventures she had when she was in her teens and she kept bragin about how she did it when she was just 16. I barely learned math that year.

and how is that a pet-peeve?

Not doing something your friends want you to, and being labeled a pussy for making the right choice.

People who do something they would not normally do, but they do it because you do.

Bad drivers

Reglious slurs

and how is that a pet-peeve?

I wouldn't imagine it's a peeve, but I think he was responding to an earlier post.

Foreign people who tell me to say something in their language that means "I'm gay" or something, then they start howling. It wouldn't be funny no matter what language I say it in. I can understand if they laugh a bit because I'm an idiot, but these girls were acting like it was the funniest thing they've ever seen.