Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NI44

hockey phrases

From TV and radio guys-

"Savardian spinnerama"- Danny Gallivan

"The Rangers are plastering the boards with Blackhawks"- Win Elliot(this is from 1967)

"Glove save and a beauty"-Marv Albert

"Here comes Orr"- Dan Kelly

"Gene Carr couldn't put the puck in the ocean if he was standing on the pier"- Bill Chadwick

and of course, the Man -Don Cherry

"You kids at home, watch this"

and "Nobody ever gets hurt in a hockey fight"

"You kids at home, watch this"

and "Nobody ever gets hurt in a hockey fight"

"Wham-oh!" Wasn't that from the god awful hiphop/rap thing he did in the mid 90's????

"Nobody ever gets hurt in a hockey fight"

Way too many people actually believe that.

We had a play called the Rim Job..lol always loved lining up for the faceoff with the coach yelling RIM JOB! RIM JOB! then when he realizes wut hes saying 'RJ! RJ!

Also i once heard a coach yellin at a player " Ive seen paint dry faster then u Skate"

I also like "u look like a bunch a monkeys trying to f*** a football"

Ive also heard things like "hey ref gwt off ur knees your blowing the game"

"SCRAMBLE!" i rather enjoy that one too.

Yous aints gots no hustle!!! <my coach a few years back

haha that sounds like my assistant coach last year. he never used talked right. he always put S on wordshaha

Wasn't it Bob Cole from Hockey Night In Canada who coined the phrase, "He shoots! He scores!"

Foster Hewitt. I thought they taught Canadians that fact at birth or like the first day of school or something.

Wasn't it Bob Cole from Hockey Night In Canada who coined the phrase, "He shoots!  He scores!"

Foster Hewitt. I thought they taught Canadians that fact at birth or like the first day of school or something.

Thanks for the correction Dark Star. Too bad the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) is having a labour disruption as it looks like they usually have a link that goes to him saying that!

http://www.bestcdn.com/primary/pride/hewitt.htm

I can't believe no one has posted the most over used phrase in hockey:

"We just have to take care of our own end and WORK HARD!"

GOT MILK? that's a funny one. (lol I had to throw that in off of Family Guy)

In high shcool this year our team had a play called the "Jersey" as in the New Jersey trap. So our coach would be yelling at the top of his lungs "jersey , jersey" and the other team would just look at him.

"It's gut check time."

"As long as the team is winning, I don't care about my stats."

"We have to go out there and play our game."

"It's gut check time."

That's a clutch saying. I first heard it on the SportChek ad with the guy and his wife where he thinks he's being interviewed.

When I deke out more than one person in shinny or somethin where we're just messin around I yell out "I'm breakin' ankles out here!"

Wasn't it Bob Cole from Hockey Night In Canada who coined the phrase, "He shoots!  He scores!"

I thought they did too I new that and he died before I was born.

our coach tends to use the phrase " When the s*** hits the fan" meaning when everything goes wrong.

When the shit it the fan...is from a song written by eminem ,d.dre and somebody else i thing...i loved this song...but now it getting a bit old....i'm sure by just taping when the shit it the fan you can get it

tickle the twine

busted twig or I need a new twig after busting a twig

facewashing

Its a great day for hockey - badger bob

You've got a million dollar pair of legs but a two cent fart for a brain - Herb Brooks

Even if he ripped off R. Lee Ermy, I used to hear "O'Riordan you backcheck like old people fuck!" more than I'd like to.