Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NI44

hockey phrases

Ive also heard things like "hey ref gwt off ur knees your blowing the game"

LOL, my buddy got tossed for using that one at our last away game in chicago...and he was in the top row of the bleachers

In our beer league we change teams every season and mix it up. This of course leads to great bench chatter throughout the game. Last night as one of my former teammates was trying to race our D for a loose puck I yelled "One on......nevermind, you're good, it's only (insert name here)!"

- "you guys are skating like Peggy Flemming!".

- "Timber!" whenever someone goes down hard

We need hockey phrases from you guys / gals speaking other languages, too, e.g. German, Swiss German, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, French, Quebecois French, Australian English, Russian, Czech, Spanish, etc.

Just asked a Danish guy I know:

Spaeend helmen = "Buckle your helmet!"

Koom ind i kampen = "get (your ass/head) into the game!"

Film = Dive / Hollywood

Sii Sii Siii!!!! = Strainer (obviously directed at the opposing goalie, and said multiple times)

Lok Roven = "Shut your ass"

Hold Kaft Svans = "Shut your mouth quuer"

Svans = quuer

Soo = Pig

The rest are "normal" (single) swear words comparable to what you hear at any rink in the states.

-edit- The spelling is probably off, but I'm pretty sure/hope the pronunciation is quite right. -edit-

We changed leagues this past season. Same skill level, just different rink. Both are advertised as no check leagues, which is great. The new league allows more physical play. This is also great, but we didn't know what was good and what was a penalty for the first game or two.

First game, our guy gets knocked off the puck with a pretty good shoulder to shoulder check. This would have been called in our old league, butnot here.

So I say to the ref "Where's the call on that ref"

His response was an absolute classic (even if I did feel like a dummy for the rest of the game)

"What do you want me to do, call him 2 minutes for hockey?"

We've adjusted now, and it is far and away more enjoyable, no big open checks or anything, but you can get stuck in good and proper.

But yeah, "what do you want me to do, call him 2 minutes for hockey" will be how I remember that ref for a long time :lol:

anybody on here from Germany that has any good ones? I speak a little, but would like to expand my vocabulary :)

Hit up the B's - Sabres game the other night and some bro-dudes were yelling, "That's what you're paid for, Chara!"

Like from Slap Shot.

See it's funny because they took the original line and used it in reference to the Bruins hockey game.

Overheard at my game this past week from the stands after one of our forwards got slashed across the hands and no penalty was called...

"Hey Ref! Check your cell... you missed a call!"

My buddy said that in CanAm when we were watching a game. We were dying for a good ten minutes,

Not really on-ice, but after the skate.. a kid had wandering eyes while the guys were undressing, and someone bagged him. They've said everything from "Hey, the pecker-checker is here!", to "He looked like a kid in a candy store!!"

We need hockey phrases from you guys / gals speaking other languages, too, e.g. German, Swiss German, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, French, Quebecois French, Australian English, Russian, Czech, Spanish, etc.

One that get's carried over from Aussie Rules... "Buddy, you may as well put your hand's down your pants, that's the only touch you're ever going to get today."

Some Aussie stuff is mostly slang/swearing... You guys might have it over wherever you are as well. Some one that misses an easy chance will be shouted down and called a "shit-c*nt".

My favourite was when a bloke got dropped in front of our bench. He wears a pink mouthguard and was trying to mouth off back through his guard. It was complete babble and one guy leaned over the bench and yelled.. "Sorry buddy can't understand what you are saying, you have too much shit in your mouth!"

When the shit it the fan...is from a song written by eminem ,d.dre and somebody else

That phrase has been around long before the song. The first time I heard it was in Airplane the movie, and the visual helped.

In our beer league we started calling the "dump and chase" the "dump." Our guys are great at dumping it in, but there is no chase. We end up turning around getting back on defense. So, it is know as the dump.