Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NI44

hockey phrases

I'm not necessarily a fan of these, nor am I even sure if they're valid hockey phrases, but when I go to games w/ my godfather he always yells.........

"Put it in your pocket!" when someone turns it over while trying to dangle

or "Where's the phantom?!" when someone makes a bad pass.

:blink::blink:

"Yard Sale" is a good one. Often used when one misses a check and goes head first into the boards or just falls without anyone around him. A.K.A.= digger.

The best are the names for goals scored under the crossbar. I've heard top dog, upper dog, top cheese, top shelf, all the various cookie jar and peanut butter ones, and "donk session." ??

I like to use "penthouse."

Personal fav for a top shelfer or corner goal - Pocket Rocket..

Also the more well known - top shelf, all the various cookie jar and peanut butter ones, roofer and top shelf where mom keeps the jam..

This year my coaches favorite quote was "We didn't get the puck luck tonight" which was incredibly frusterating as he blamed every loss on it.

"Hey do ya wanna leave some of the floor?" or "He 5 ironed that shot" my coach said the first 1 when this guy hit a slapper but nearly took half the floor with the puck.

"Hit 'em with your purse" (yelled at the not-so-tough opposition by a buddy of mine).

"We're close boys...we're close" (usually said by me at the end of most shifts *L*).

"Skate hard and get off" (when the guys takes a shift that is too long).

"Man, she was naked...all you had to do was **** her" (again, my buddy when I missed an open net - Mods, remove this one if it is a problem).

This isn't really a phrase, but I get a kick that when you're on the ice or the bench that you tend to say everything three times.

"Here here here!"

"Skate skate skate"

"Shoot shoot shoot"

"Feet feet feet"

"Back back back"

"Go go go"

This isn't really a phrase, but I get a kick that when you're on the ice or the bench that you tend to say everything three times.

"Here here here!"

"Skate skate skate"

"Shoot shoot shoot"

"Feet feet feet"

"Back back back"

"Go go go"

lol so true the ones i use quite a bit are: "Hard,Hard, Hard!" or "man on, man on, man on!"

Deked out of his jock is another good one.

"Here here here!"

"Skate skate skate"

"Shoot shoot shoot"

"Feet feet feet"

"Back back back"

"Go go go"

If the puck is behind a guy, or someone is sneaking in the zone behind a guy...I'll yell "Turn, Turn, Turn"