Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

capes921

nhl 06

game speed down, aggression, shot blocking, pass inteceptions all the way UP. It also helps to get a roster editor and change every goalie's consistency so they don't flop as much.

Okay, spent 30 mins on the phone with the ACER Tech Support, he guided me through a simple NVIDEA download which updated my Software - very nice Indian fellow.. was only 23 mb too.. so now im happily playing NHL 06 and i have to say, I'ts not as great as i thought it would be.. but, as i play more and more i'm enjoying it..

Im just abit annoyed that it seems the only way that new equiptment in the game is used is by the created plyers?? Not a big issue. Ohh, and also, when the replays of the period are shown and you see some hits that are made, the players look really awkward after the hit and they do a stupid little head movement from left to right and shrug their shoulders, it looks rediculous.. But hey, im happy that i got it working and cheers for the feedback! very much appreciated..

For all you guys that are playing and scoring high goal amounts, what level are you playing on? Because I know that when I played it on Medium, I never got past 6 goals, and I found myself losing games in OT a lot.

As for players being fat, I noticed that too. I saw Mike Rathje and my first reaction was what the hell happened to him? I don't know what that is.

For all you guys that are playing and scoring high goal amounts, what level are you playing on? Because I know that when I played it on Medium, I never got past 6 goals, and I found myself losing games in OT a lot.

As for players being fat, I noticed that too. I saw Mike Rathje and my first reaction was what the hell happened to him? I don't know what that is.

I'm in your exact same boat man.. but I'm also playing on medium and both teams are averging 2 - 3 goals.. alot of Over-Time play..

The wider built players were Ea's attempt to seperate the grinders from scores however they didnt take into consideration that some of the bigger players are also speedsters. Sundin tottaly sucks now all becasue of his size.

The wider built players were Ea's attempt to seperate the grinders from scores however they didnt take into consideration that some of the bigger players are also speedsters. Sundin tottaly sucks now all becasue of his size.

As does Kovalchuk. He's slow as anything because of how big he looks.

I didn't like 2K6 at all. Just seemed like 2K5 with a bit of polishing. NHL 06 is a good jump over NHL 05. I had a rent one get one free so I got em both. I ended up taking 2K6 back because I know I'm not going to play it.

Definitely going with EA's on this one. Game's not radically different but at least create-a-player's in, even if I look like goddamn Gumby out there and the face editor's a pain. I do love the slash button, even if my PP clicks at a better rate than my PK.

i just bought EA 2006 for PC, but am having some trouble running the game. it works fine, but once you get into a game, it feels like its playing in fast forward, or like someones holding down a turbo button. even with game speed all the way down, it's still like that, and is becoming a pain trying to play. does anyone know if theres a way to fix this, either something in the game or something with my PC?

i had dificulty going to ea 06 from 2005...puck control ,movement of the player...and everything seem different(they whanted to make it more real) and they DID IT...

but damn i'm having a hard time adjusting!!

By the way i'm playing on xbox!

Same with me Cobra but now (just finished regular season of first yr.) Im getting the hand of it. The puck control is where they made a drastic change.

The only thing that sucks is if you do another season now you'll play the EXACT same schedule.

Hey, just got NHL 06 it rules, but could anyone tell me how to do the micigan(sp) move on xbox?

It should be [left trigger] + [right thumbstick up]

I like 06 a lot, but create a player is a pain to do. Also, in the menu's line changes and roster changes seem to take forever because of "Mouse lag." Also, the damn music box always covers up options at times which drives me nuts. Cool game though.

I have played a few times online which is also nice.

Also, there have been no roster updates yet, right? I click on that and it has no options.

Speaking of updates, did you see the Madden update that made the one Jets player 7 inches tall? Obviously that update has since been removed.

Just got the game yesterday for PS2 and its sickkkk. I did notice some of the guys are fat like kovalchuk and super mario but o well. Im still a little confused on how to do the michigan. I get the skill stick part but wut button is the modifier or wutever?Also to update the rosters do you have to have it hooked up to online or wut, Im a litte confused about that part too. PS the lil target deal with the wrist shots are awsome.

A good/funny part of the game is when you rip a slapper at the goalie and hit the goalie in the head and he falls down. I always try to get the rebounds but never get there quick enough.

yea the modifier is L1. Im still confused about updating the roster. Also in my dynasty its pisssin me of how the other team scores on every one timer. I did ok the 1st game but ive been gettin lit up lately.

yea the modifier is L1. Im still confused about updating the roster. Also in my dynasty its pisssin me of how the other team scores on every one timer. I did ok the 1st game but ive been gettin lit up lately.

Learn to use the 'block pass' and 'dive' buttons effectively in order to counteract the one-timers. You also have to play position really well. The CPU will pick you apart if you leave guys open in front of the net.