Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miike

What number do you wear

I was 15 and switched to 91 for beer league thinking I would continue playing center or forward. Our bar bought us shirts and bags with the numbers on them so I am stuck with it after moving to D. In hindsight, I would have picked 18 or 4. On the bright side, our team is full of low numbers so I enjoy adding a little flair to the number lineup.

Always been unlucky 13.

Was honored when my son picked it and he's stuck with it for 4 years. He also became a big Datsyuk fan so that's kind of neat for him.

I was #23 in both hockey and football during high school, was just given to me for hockey and I picked it for football to match. Been my go to number ever since.

I wear No. 3 because my son, 6, got stuck with No. 3 on his first team. Since then, both he and I are always No. 3 if we can arrange it. Helps that we are both D-men.

andy in Peoria

83 for my birth year. My d partner (who happens to be my girlfriend too) wears 38 when she can't get her usual 21.

Since I'm not on a core team in my league, I wear whatever is available from the team I get drafted b for the season. Last season I was #2, this season #12.

its the 12 for me cause i'm a 1-2 punch all by myself:) no seriously it came from simon gagne back in the days with the flyers. I really wanted to play like him. In his best years he was an absolute offensive force and also pretty good at his defensive play so kind of an all around player like i want to be.

I have worn several #s throughout the years but the ones that had more significance were 10 and 88. I wore 10 my first year ever playing the sport (2000) and my last year playing competitive hockey. I chose that number because of one of my favorite Flyers was Johnny Vermont. Leclair was such a dominant player down low and had a lethal clapper. I figured my last year playing 'for real' hockey should have the number that started it all for me (full-circle kinda nonsense ha). Now I have 88 for my adult league team and I picked that number for both my birthday year and for Big E. In his prime, Lindros was such a force to be reckoned. He was the reason I started using Bauer and his curve (those black woodies were beauts!). There are a lot of stories that come from number selection. Nice to read some of them.

#31 while a goalie for Pelle Lindbergh :-(

#20 as a winger in college for Dave Poulin (thought he worked his tail off)

#8 in Men's League currently (shed the weight of that extra digit and I'm currently faster as a result) lol

#91. All of my favorite players that I had growing up (Gretzky, Yzerman, Fedorov, Sakic) all wore 1 and/or 9. #19 was taken so I chose #91. Stamkos happens to be my favorite player currently.