Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whip

knobz

For my butt ends I unroll a 2 foot piece of 1 inch white athletic tape, cut it and then fold it in half length wise so it is 1/2 inch wide without any wrinkles. Using a small piece of tape I tape it to the handle and then wind it as tight as I can so the butt end is very firm. Then, I tape over the end of the knob to keep it from shifting.

For the rest of the handle I use 3/4 inch black tape (it feels softer than white for some reason - twists into a cord easier) for my finger grips. I twist the tape into a tight cord. Starting just under the knob on the bottom of the handle I wrap the finger grip down the handle keeping the cord spaced 3/4 inch apart until it goes 6 inches down the handle. Then, using the 1 inch white athletic tape I tape over the finger grip towards the butt end, wrapping around the knob then taping back down to where I started taping.

I find the tight 1/2 inch butt end gives my ring finger a good edge to rest against and I hold my pinky around the knob for better control.

I guess I'm just really concerned with consistency when taping my sticks.

I used to use huge knobs when I was younger, they were only about an inch high but very wide, in fact, I'm pretty sure I beat out some goalies. I liked to keep my whole hand on the stick and under the knob.

Now I like to hang my pinkie finger off the end of the stick so I can grip the knob more. So now the knobs I make are only about an inch high, and an inch wide.

The Oggie Ergo Grip.

How's that working out for you?

how does it work for you? it looks ok but i think it would be weird.

Rip my tape roll in half, so the tape is less wide. Wrap that around about 5 times. Definetely the smallest knob on any team ive played on

How do you keep the tape on the stick? Whenever I do that it slips off the Stick/plug

The Oggie Ergo Grip.

How's that working out for you?

how does it work for you? it looks ok but i think it would be weird.

I know most of you realize I'm friends with the guy who designed it, but I won't ever give it up.

I noticed harder shots the first time I used it but, more importantly, I never have the stick knocked out of my hand anymore, particularly when I sweep check. It just fits your hand better.

Joe once sent me a Classic Grip to test -- I still like the Ergo. The Classic is an easier transition, since it's pretty similar to a traditional butt-end, but I held both my sticks at arm's length and found the Ergo Grip to be more comfortable.

i spin tape around and go around the top once, then spiral down about the width of my palm. then i cover it with grip tape. i hold my stick so the butt end is between my pinky and ring finger, so i hate actuall butt ends. haven't changed it for about 6 months, the blue grip tape on my novius has turned gray in certain spots

I noticed harder shots the first time I used it but, more importantly, I never have the stick knocked out of my hand anymore, particularly when I sweep check. It just fits your hand better.

Joe once sent me a Classic Grip to test -- I still like the Ergo. The Classic is an easier transition, since it's pretty similar to a traditional butt-end, but I held both my sticks at arm's length and found the Ergo Grip to be more comfortable.

I've used the Ergo about a half dozen or so times. It was awkward for about the first 20 minutes, but then it felt natural. I was worried it would cause alot of problems because I hold the butt-end in my palms, but I was still able to do that. Because its a rubber handle it really sticks into your palm and its almost impossible to drop. I don't really have that problem so it isn't a big deal, but it is good for that. The "harder" shot hasn't been there for me though. It's about the same.

Just thought I'd chime in with another "mini-review" on it, to give another opinion.

I've used the Ergo about a half dozen or so times. It was awkward for about the first 20 minutes, but then it felt natural. I was worried it would cause alot of problems because I hold the butt-end in my palms, but I was still able to do that. Because its a rubber handle it really sticks into your palm and its almost impossible to drop. I don't really have that problem so it isn't a big deal, but it is good for that. The "harder" shot hasn't been there for me though. It's about the same.

Just thought I'd chime in with another "mini-review" on it, to give another opinion.

Eazy, I wasn't aware whether he had any shops in Canada. Did you buy this at a store or through his website?

I'm glad you find it comfortable. At least that way, I know I'm not all hot air..... :P

2 keys, doesnt the knob slip off? How do you keep it from doing that?

ya sometimes it does. youve got to do it really carefully. after you finish raping the tape around the top (to mkae it elevated like it is) you have to put a strip of tape around the elevated part. (the tape i used is really wide. like 1 inch) then after i get it covered i start on one side (id start on the wider side of the stick) and go over the top. (over the butt end) and tape that strip to the other side. you want to get it so it follows the shape of your knob so you dont lose the shape your trying to get. then do it on the skiny side of your stick. (when this step is finished you should have a cross with the two strips. then take a half of a strip and go around the base of your knob really tightyly to keep the cross you made from coming off. like i said before. if you really take your time it turns out good. on my SL that i reacenly broke i had my knob just like that one for 4 months of continous use and it was still good. the knob will flatten out a bit after use but it will still be good.

im sorry if this is confusing. if anyone doesnt get it just say so and ill try to do a better job of explaining it.

i really like that knob because it doesnt allow the stick to slip out of your hand. and if your hand slides down you can just slide it back up easily and know where the end is when your hand hits the knob. it does tend to put some wear on your gloves tho. nothing terrible but i get a small hole where the knob is in contact with my glove.

Eazy, I wasn't aware whether he had any shops in Canada. Did you buy this at a store or through his website?

I'm glad you find it comfortable. At least that way, I know I'm not all hot air..... :P

Got it in a trade. I'm going to keep using this for practice, likely until my customs arrive, but I like the feel of wood so haven't used it in a game yet. Once I get enough time in I'll throw up a proper review

- I recieved it in a trade with a US member.

i couldnt describe my knob so i jsut took a picture of it.

My knob

My knob 2

I appreciate all the positive feedback about the Oggie Grips from Jason at Salming, but like most players that like the Ergo grip, they really love it. And they can't help to talk about it.

The players that don't like it after a few skates will probably never like an Oggie Ergo Grip. It's a matter of preference. All Oggie is doing is giving players another choice. To be more specific, three choices: Oggie Ergo Grip, Oggie Classic Grip, and Sticky Grip Foam.

We're a small company with big ideas. The underdog. When we started Oggie, we asked our testers (who are also players), we hear your feedback, and we hope with your support that we'll be the company you think of when you think of a hockey stick grip. Kind of like when someone asks for a Coke.......

Our goal is to be the best Hockey Stick Grip company in the world. Because that's all we do.

We'd like to see more pictures of your grips like this, especially with Sticky Grip Foam. Send them to grips@oggiegrip.com or post them on this thread.

Joe

Hey, Joe, you might like this news:

I was at the Induction Weekend in Toronto and struck up a conversation with Stephane Richer. I asked him what he thought of our sticks, but he told me it was too short for him. Luckily, I had some Oggie Grips that I had brought to show to the Canadian, Austrian and Swedish distributors. So we put a Classic Grip on his stick during the game, but he didn't want to switch sticks mid-game. He planned to use it in the Calgary and Vancouver games, and then Jimmy Mann wanted to try the Ergo Grip. Finally, they all liked the buttend with the Sticky Grip Foam.

So, you might start to see the Oggie Grips skating around on the Old-Timers Tour this winter.