Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmy

What do you like nearby your rinks?

I'm opening another hockey shop near a new twin rink, but there is nothing else in the area. I mean nothing. What do you like about the surrounding area where you play, or tournement locations? Or, what would you like to see built there? Simple answer would be a pro shop nearby for hockey needs but what else? Convienence store, bar, gas station, McD's, donut shop. Motel??? Any other ideas?

I would say that a small diner would be best, one of those places thar have an all day breakfest special......maybe something that could incorporate a bar for the night time would be good too

Any fast food joints would probably be good, a convience store would be good aswell. Any place that people would stop at and see your shop would attract customers for you.

Seeing as I keep forgetting to get cash before open, an ATM in the rink would be real nice. I've always thougth a Starbucks/Caribou/knockoff would do well in or near a rink too. All those hockey moms like their coffee.

If the rink doesn't have a pub you'd want one nearby. Definitely a coffee shop for the hockey Mom's and Dad's. A family restaurant for the...well, families. Gas station to keep things rolling. Those are the majors.

Theres a few things that a popular with every sport around here, You need a food place, a small dinner are nice, were the whole team can go sit. If not that then something like a subway, those are great too. Also a timmy ho's for the parents etc.

I would say that a small diner would be best, one of those places thar have an all day breakfest special......maybe something that could incorporate a bar for the night time would be good too

"Kegs and eggs"

I love it!! :lol:

gotta have good burgers near by, in hackensack there is a place called White Manna best sliders ever, i think DarkStar50 knows about 'em they're around the corner from my home rink and his shop

if you ever get a chance go there

A well-priced pro-shop for necessities, and good skate-sharpeners.

A variety of restaurants not just fast-food. Italian places are always nice, and like Fazolis is perfect for quick, cheap pasta that is good before games.

A mall is also pretty cool for killing time in between games.

Oh, and of course, some decent hotels.

The closest bar/restaurant to a rink will do very well. That's the most important thing, beer for the adult league guys and food for the kids coming in for travel games and tournaments. A gas station might be nice but I haven't set foot inside the gas station nearest the one rink in at least four years. A hotel is another good thing for travel games and tournaments, but useless for the locals.

As for a shop; I will drive to the best shop, wherever it is (within reason).

owning any sort of quick food franchise like Chipotle, Quizno's, McDonalds, etc can be very profitable but there is a lot of politics involved in getting one set up. as far as what to have around a rink/arena, a couple of different quick foods places, and sports bar/family restaurant in one and a gas station is a good setup in addition to the pro-shop.

How about a Chipotle, Jimmy. You can get into a new business -- they're cash cows!  :D

Not exactly- 1/3 of their money goes to McDonalds.

I knew a manager of one before McDonalds bought Boston Chicken (who owned Chipotle). He said they grossed about $1.2 Million annually with about a 35% profit from his location.

33% sounds really high for a franchise, but you can see how one could earn good money with them or Q-Doba.

I have to say Timmy Ho's would do nice. Once I went to a TH's in PEI and ordered a SMALL box of donut holes. Man, I think my family ate out of that box for a week and the holes never ran out. I think they gave me 200 or something like that for $3 Canadian. Sweet.

I was thinking a bar/restaurant, but family style. There's this sleazy motel nearby that I think if "upgaded", could be a nice Hockey Lodge for tournements. All I need to find is an investor with seed money. ;)