Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
PH_Hockey2

The Things Customers Do

Wow! I work Public Transportation & I see that people are assholes across the board.

The animal kids, the shitty attitudes, the slobs, the oblivious parents...it's everywhere and it's only going to get worse.

Wow, Vakar and I thought all the a-holes were in metro NYC.

sometimes they're assholes when they get here. lol

by the way, the breastfeeding lady i had previously mentioned in this thread was back again. i guess her child is still breastfeeding.

Ask her if she brought enough for everyone! lol

just do what Jim Carey did and swap yourself for the baby while she's not looking!

might not be hockey related, but a customer incident a few months back. Drove 2 and a half hours to visit a branch, and on the way back got a call to visit a customer to see a problem with his machine. Stopped by, introduced myself and the dealer rep to the maintenance manager. He brought us to the workshop where everyone seemed to be eating their lunch (why you want to eat lunch in a workshop with oil, grease and crap with grubby hands I cannot fathom)

took a look at the engine, which I agree had some problems. As protocol, we needed photos so we started to snap away. Along comes this rough looking guy (found out he was the boss), waving his half eaten chicken drumstick and in a loud voice 'I wanted service guys, not a photographer... WTF is wrong with this thing, I want the answers NOW'. The dealer rep explained that we needed to look and see where the root cause was. The boss then proceeds to rip into us, telling us that we needed to give him a new engine to replace this one. I asked how long he's had his machine and he said over 2 years, plus it had 8000hours on it... Continued to get shit from this guy, and basically told him we would decide once we had some data. On the way back in the car, i told the dealer rep that the customer could expect me to help with some repair costs, but if he wanted a new engine he could buy it himself.

I understand that as a customer you have the right to be frustrated or angry, but I never expected to be treated like that especially in front of some apprentices.

On the flip side, my LHS (up in Laurel) has sold 2 extra pairs of skates, a new helmet and 3 pairs of gloves to guys on my beer league teams because of the service they gave me. I told them, go there, see mike, he will make sure you are in the right gear.

All of them have since said they will be bringing their future business there.

that link is incredibly humerous to show how dumb some people really are

i'm sure I'm on both sides of it as well. from being in the service industry i try my best to be a very gracious and understanding customer. but I'm also just a complete idiot sometimes. :lol: the ones where it ends like this is usually me:

"wow.....I look like a giant jack-ass right now, don't I?.....have a good day."

Silly old people...

A customer of mine came in this morning, and was saying he was having issues with his skates, so we got talking. Turns out he's got issues with a groin pull, so I suggested we could tweak his sharpening; I'd do 'em at 1/2 instead of 3/8, to which he agreed. As I was sharpening his skates, for the sake of making conversation, I asked him if he was stretching properly before-hand. Expecting the obvious 'yes', he surprised me with this gem:

"No. I don't believe in stretching."

:rolleyes:

Silly old people...

A customer of mine came in this morning, and was saying he was having issues with his skates, so we got talking. Turns out he's got issues with a groin pull, so I suggested we could tweak his sharpening; I'd do 'em at 1/2 instead of 3/8, to which he agreed. As I was sharpening his skates, for the sake of making conversation, I asked him if he was stretching properly before-hand. Expecting the obvious 'yes', he surprised me with this gem:

Actually my roommate is a sports medicine major and a lot of professionals are now questioning the merits of stretching. some of them suggest that all your doing is increasing the odds of a muscle pull, and instead you should warm up with stages of more and more exertion until you get to game speed.

Silly old people...

Actually my roommate is a sports medicine major and a lot of professionals are now questioning the merits of stretching. some of them suggest that all your doing is increasing the odds of a muscle pull, and instead you should warm up with stages of more and more exertion until you get to game speed.

I was told the same thing. It is better to warm up the muscles by jogging before you hit the ice or something similar. Also was told to get out on the ice and skate a bit and work up a sweat before any stretching....and this guy told me that he isnt really sure that stretching even after a warm up is even a good idea.

Also was told to get out on the ice and skate a bit and work up a sweat before any stretching....and this guy told me that he isnt really sure that stretching even after a warm up is even a good idea.

To each his own, I guess. When I was younger, I had groin issues from time to time, and it was when I didn't stretch before-hand. <_<

All pro sports teams still stretch before a game or practice, so it can't be that bad, can it? These teams have the best of the best as far as fitness personnel is concerned, right? I'll keep strecthing until they all stop. :P

All pro sports teams still stretch before a game or practice, so it can't be that bad, can it? These teams have the best of the best as far as fitness personnel is concerned, right? I'll keep strecthing until they all stop. :P

They are also in a lot better shape than us and their bodies can handle it.

Also was told to get out on the ice and skate a bit and work up a sweat before any stretching....and this guy told me that he isnt really sure that stretching even after a warm up is even a good idea.

To each his own, I guess. When I was younger, I had groin issues from time to time, and it was when I didn't stretch before-hand. <_<

they warm thier muscles up by doing various things prior to stretching. If they go directly to the trainer for strecthing the trainers usually do a good massage to the area to get the blood flowing.

There's also a large degree of "we've always done it that way" attitude involved in the way athletes prepare for games. Even if you could prove that it was going to do them harm, it would take a while for many of them to change their habits.

Silly old people...

i have a friend who's in the same program that says the same thing. "stretching tells the body you're finished". he says if you're going to stretch, do it at the end.

ye...its meant to be dynamic stretches before the game and stretching after, friend is sports something...physiology? blah whatever, the trainers lol

There's also a large degree of "we've always done it that way" attitude involved in the way athletes prepare for games. Even if you could prove that it was going to do them harm, it would take a while for many of them to change their habits.

Mario use to say about what the difference between his training during the off season and during the season was that he didn't order fries during the season. that was the mentallity of alot of players 15-20 year ago, now players train and mantain thier eating habits year round. You have to change with the times

Not so much a customer, but nothing was going on today so just killing time sitting at the counter and a guy walks in, I ask him how its going and if he needs any help, says he's just browsing. Comes back a few minutes later and asks why we haven't gotten rid of that terrible Ferrell stuff, I replied saying that I don't use it so I have no opinion either way(really I think it's just garbage) and I ask if he has a problem with Ferrell, he simply replies it sucks and then asks why I don't use it. I state that I hardly wear shoulder pads to begin with and that even if I did wear them I'm more than happy with what I have. Then he starts out of nowhere dropping specs on the Ferrells then claims "273 NHLers use Ferrells", turns out he was the Ferrell rep for the area and he just kept going on and on.

After he left I mentioned how annoyed I was about the lies about the product to a co-worker, then he went off trying to convince me that yes all NHL players use Ferrell shoulder pads, but the majority use stripped down shoulders and wear them under their real shoulder pads. This being the same guy that corrected me on sizing up skates saying that I need to tell people 1.5-2 full sizes over what actually fits so they have room for comfort and to grow. I just hate having to work with idiots and this is the guy I end up working with 4 out of 5 times a week, sad thing is he's a manager and continually tries to correct me with his misinformed opinions/info where as I've been playing nearly as long as he's been alive and feel I have good accurate info when it comes to hockey.

Other than that today there were more than the average amount of assholes, one problem or opinion more trivial and idiotic than the last. I left the shop to pick up a product from another shop down the road simply to get away from my idiot co-worker for 20 minutes.

Working in retail again only makes me feel more justified in hating humanity. Only highlight today was when it came time to clean up a bit, the manager wanted to mop the floor 50/50, after he finished and it came to my turn the shop filled with kids begging to mop the floor, I have no idea why but I had no objections.

I wouldnt go as far as to call farrell shoulder pads garbage, there very mobile and light. The protection isnt amazing though and the coverage is pretty bad, they all run so short, taking a slapshot to the gut never feels good, i dont know why they coudln't run a little longer..

I always go into hockey shops and look around at the latest stuff and maybe take some sticks of the rack and observe the curve and flex ( I don't flex as hard as i can just to get a general idea) and just browse around and then just leave most of the time just to get in mind what they have so that I can save up or ask for something for christmas birthdays etc and I always seem to get dirty looks from the people that work at the stores as if im trying to steal something and im some sort of criminal. Anyone have any idea why this is?

Also you guys are saying what you hate about customers, theres a guy that works at the hockey shop down the street and if i go there to buy something 1. I have to wait in line for a good 10mins when no one else is in line! he just sits infront of the computer! is he on eharmony or what!? and once when i was buying a blade on sale he charged me full price and I called him out and he made the excuse that he never saw the sign. What a bone head.

I always go into hockey shops and look around at the latest stuff and maybe take some sticks of the rack and observe the curve and flex ( I don't flex as hard as i can just to get a general idea) and just browse around and then just leave most of the time just to get in mind what they have so that I can save up or ask for something for christmas birthdays etc and I always seem to get dirty looks from the people that work at the stores as if im trying to steal something and im some sort of criminal. Anyone have any idea why this is?

Also you guys are saying what you hate about customers, theres a guy that works at the hockey shop down the street and if i go there to buy something 1. I have to wait in line for a good 10mins when no one else is in line! he just sits infront of the computer! is he on eharmony or what!? and once when i was buying a blade on sale he charged me full price and I called him out and he made the excuse that he never saw the sign. What a bone head.

Some dudes are just tools...

But reason people think you are stealing stuff is because 1/50th or so of the time, someone in the age of 16-20 is stealing stuff.

I've had to tackle my fair share of hs kids with a OPS in their hand, the expensive socks, elbows, blades, and one kid stole sandals. Needless to say they are pretty much blacklisted from playing competitive hockey in our town ever again...for the few that do it, most are out of towners passing through who try it.

Not so much a customer, but nothing was going on today so just killing time sitting at the counter and a guy walks in, I ask him how its going and if he needs any help, says he's just browsing. Comes back a few minutes later and asks why we haven't gotten rid of that terrible Ferrell stuff, I replied saying that I don't use it so I have no opinion either way(really I think it's just garbage) and I ask if he has a problem with Ferrell, he simply replies it sucks and then asks why I don't use it. I state that I hardly wear shoulder pads to begin with and that even if I did wear them I'm more than happy with what I have. Then he starts out of nowhere dropping specs on the Ferrells then claims "273 NHLers use Ferrells", turns out he was the Ferrell rep for the area and he just kept going on and on.

if he actually was the rep, i'd be embarrassed if i was him. not only is that a ridiculous way to engage a staffer, but if i walk into an account and they dont know who i am as soon as i step in the door, i feel like i haven't done my job.

btw, i f'in HATED working in retail most days, because of the idiots, but its an integral experience if you ever want to do anything involving interaction with other people... and the few who are actually level headed and genuine make up for the losers.

Edited by shotty