Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwerty

Your favorite hockey glove...

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know what's your favorite hockey glove and why.

I'd also like to know what's the most important thing for you when you buy a glove (is it the comfort or the protection?)

Thanks!

Most Eagle gloves are nice, comfy, light and give you a lot of room for stick handling.

The new MIA gloves are pretty nice too, I just ordered mine a few days ago, can't wait to start playing with them (hopefully I get them before the season ends).

Louisville TPS HGT's, for a variety of reasons. They're a great fit for my hands - not too tight, not too loose. They're light. They're protective (plastic inserts all over). They look, to me, like hockey gloves should look, yet they still have modern amenities like a short cuff and split fingers (I'm not a fan of many of the newer glove designs - Bauer Vapor XVLCIII, etc). They're fairly inexpensive if you dig around for deals.

My Easton Z-Air pro returns from a couple years ago would come in a close second, for mostly the same reasons.

I had a pair of pro return Eagle CP95's, and they were nice gloves, but not worth 3-4 pairs of HGT's.

My all-time sentimental favorites would be Sher-Wood 5060's. They were all-around great gloves, and for years Ray Bourque, Chris Chelios, and Al MacInnis were all wearing them, which was reason enough for me.

im going to agree with Oberon (great beer BTW) with the Sher-Wood 5060, except i dont know if i had the all the leather model, it was the leather/nylon hybrid. these gloves fit like a champ, didnt restrict movement, and had a bad ass long cuff. i liked them so much they went from orange/blue team color to krylon red with a white duct taped cuff roll then to all krylon black, i just loved these gloves and i think the fact i had some of my best seasons in them helped the cause

DR HG1455 that I'm currently using and the Ferland model from the year before that's almost exactly the same. They're affordable, durable, light, comfortable, have split fingers (the first two fingers are split in three), mobile and provide light EPP protection. I've used the one pair for almost two years and they are holding up very well.

The most comforable gloves I've tried on in a store are the Bauer Vapor XXX gloves, however they're about 4x the price I paid for the DR/Ferland gloves, plus I've heard the palms aren't very durable.

DR HG1455 that I'm currently using and the Ferland model from the year before that's almost exactly the same. They're affordable, durable, light, comfortable, have split fingers (the first two fingers are split in three), mobile and provide light EPP protection. I've used the one pair for almost two years and they are holding up very well.

The most comforable gloves I've tried on in a store are the Bauer Vapor XXX gloves, however they're about 4x the price I paid for the DR/Ferland gloves, plus I've heard the palms aren't very durable.

The DR imports seem to fit almost exactly the same as the old Canadian-made version.

my favorite gloves were my retail tps hgt's up until i got a nylon prostock pair which blew them outta the water!

Muskoka 950's, just bought my second pair this weekend. They have it all, comfort, protection, lightweight and fit.

I liked the 970 more, mostly because of the palm. I remember when the shop in town was blowing 950s out for $50 or something like that.

Muskoka 950's, just bought my second pair this weekend.  They have it all, comfort, protection, lightweight and fit.

I liked the 970 more, mostly because of the palm. I remember when the shop in town was blowing 950s out for $50 or something like that.

I like the 970's better too, it took awhile to get used to how thick the palm was but since I've broken them in, they're awesome. They also do a sick Heritage 970 in the tan and the palm seems a little softer.

So to answer the question, my fav is the Muskoka 970.

Muskoka 950's, just bought my second pair this weekend.  They have it all, comfort, protection, lightweight and fit.

I've always been partial to a clarino palm. The palm on the 970 just felt too thick to me.