Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OTHockey96

Pro's shoulder pads

Jofa just dominates, period.  When I did Nashville's room everyone wore Jofa...a few guys would have some Bauer stuff, but primarily Jofa.  Yet, I never had success selling Jofa at the retail level.  I don't get it.

I had a pair of Jofa's once and could just never get used to them for whatever reason. Maybe it was because i grew up using cooper techniflex shoulder pads, which i still use to this day. I do know alot of people that use the Jofas and swear by them.

If I'm paying for protective equipment, I put my money with Jofa. And what's really weird is that it sells really well most places in Canada, which is unusual because Jofa isn't Canadian and us Canadians tend to be hoosers about that kinda thing eh?

And could someone answer a quick question, speaking of pros and what equipment they're wearing? If you go to Jofa's Sweden site:

http://www.jofa.se/

You see a pic of Sidney Crosby. But I thought Sid the Kid had a exclusive contract with THC? Could someone who knows Swedish better than me/is smarter than me figure that out?

Jofa is under the THC umbrella. Probably why he is on the site.

Jofa to me makes great equipment but for whatever reason i just couldnt get used to them. I just hope my techniflex's that i wear now last for just a bit longer

hmm i guess they changed from Daniel and Henrik Sedin to Crosby

I remember the Sedins being all over the site on Jofa Sweden.

My friend who works there had no idea why a pro would go into a LHS.

I think it happens more often than some think. For example, Adam Foote was in our LHS a few days ago. I thought it was somewhat odd as well when I heard about it.

Hockey Stop in C-Bus?

Guest Muck

Yep, one of the dudes in there was talking about it. The Bethel Road location I guess.

I was at the LA Kings last home game, and they did the whole give the jerseys off their backs to fans thing at the end of the game.. every single player had Jofa Elbow pads.. I'd say about 50% of the guys had Jofa shoulder pads (various models), I'd say about a third had the Bauer SBDII pads, I saw someone with some Bauer Vapor 6's or 10's, luc robitaille and george parros had some old school Coopers, I think Dustin Brown had some Bauer Flaks, Lubomir Visnovsky had Easton Synergy 500's, Pavol Demitra looked like he had on some really old stuff.. the cloth wrap had worn off exposing some white plastic caps, no way to tell what they were.. thats all I could tell from where I was sitting.

Does it look like he's got a football-style rib wrap around his abdomen area?

Thats the velcro straps for the shoulder pads. I have to agree with SR on how comfortable those things are. Ive had a pair for about 5 yrs and I love them. Goona be hard to find a pair to wear when these are done.

At the the Canucks' "Jerseys off Our Backs", it looks like Trevor Linden has the Bauer SBDII shoulder pads with Jofa elbow pads.

Trevor Linden

Richard Park has Bauer SP300 shoulder pads. No surprise about the Jofa elbows.

Richard Park

I am not sure if its true, but I think I read that the jersey's they give off their back is not part of the team's issued/game used set. I read that each player is issued 3 sets of jerseys for both home and away (3 home and 3 away).

At the the Canucks' "Jerseys off Our Backs", it looks like Trevor Linden has the Bauer SBDII shoulder pads with Jofa elbow pads.

Trevor Linden

Richard Park has Bauer SP300 shoulder pads. No surprise about the Jofa elbows.

Richard Park

I am not sure if its true, but I think I read that the jersey's they give off their back is not part of the team's issued/game used set. I read that each player is issued 3 sets of jerseys for both home and away (3 home and 3 away).

Correct. They are authentic jerseys ('fighting strap', etc.) but are not the game used jerseys (a friend of mine was selected about 3 years ago). The game used jerseys have a special patch that has the year it was issued, etc. the jersey that he got did not have that patch, was brand new (crease marks, etc.) and wasn't wet.

Correct. They are authentic jerseys ('fighting strap', etc.) but are not the game used jerseys (a friend of mine was selected about 3 years ago). The game used jerseys have a special patch that has the year it was issued, etc. the jersey that he got did not have that patch, was brand new (crease marks, etc.) and wasn't wet.

I thought the deal with these were they were takeing them right off after the game? Did they run into the dressing room and switch before the "ceremony" started?

I thought the deal with these were they were takeing them right off after the game? Did they run into the dressing room and switch before the "ceremony" started?

yeah because lots of them didn't have their shoulder pads on

Ahhh, so it was the "jersey off our backs (that just came out of the box ... so we can still have our concessions sell the authentic game-worn for full price)"! ;)

Ahhh, so it was the "jersey off our backs (that just came out of the box ... so we can still have our concessions sell the authentic game-worn for full price)"! ;)

Nope they sell them here

it is a bit misleading because I remember a couple of years ago, the Leafs telecommentary announcers were saying that the lucky fans were going to need garbage bags to hold those game used sweaty and stinky jerseys. If the announcers didn't know about the jerseys Leafs media should inform them.

Nope they sell them here

I think Meigrey has a contract with most of the NHL teams to purchase their game issued/used jerseys. I met Barry last year and he takes this business very seriously.

well.. at the Kings game, they all had their shoulder pads on, I didn't see anyone run back to the locker room or change jerseys or anything.. I have to assume that the players wore these jersey's at least through the 3rd period..

dix0r, I'm not sure what pads he had, they had the hard black plastic caps of the Bauer SBDII, but yes, they were red and didn't look like the lace up style.

Open plastic like that is actually legal!? I heard they got rid of that stuff because it was so dangerous. Those pads do look awesome though, low profile and lots of protection WHERE YOU NEED IT. Anyways I know Wade Belak uses the Sher-Wood 5030's and Matty Stajan uses those green and black Bauers everyone had a few years back.

Open plastic like that is actually legal!? I heard they got rid of that stuff because it was so dangerous.

Isn't it just the elbows where uncovered plastic is illegal? Otherwise, for shins and shoulders, i think it's legal.