Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OTHockey96

Pro's shoulder pads

Jofa just dominates, period. When I did Nashville's room everyone wore Jofa...a few guys would have some Bauer stuff, but primarily Jofa. Yet, I never had success selling Jofa at the retail level. I don't get it.

I think it has a lot to do with the other equipment players wear. Most people are loyal to their brands. I think a lot of people just buy the same equipment brand that their skates are. It may sound bizarre but the kid in the stall next to me in our lockeroom has everything bauer. Some kids I know that now wear RBK wear majority RBK. I could careless. I wear Farrell custom shoulder pads and love them. I could careless what brands I wear as long as it makes me feel comfortable while i'm playing. Just my theory.

Is there a flap added on on the left side of Jerome's chest?

i think so it looks like there is extra padding stitched on

I'm 14, and I'm using the old ccm supra pads, everyoen thinks it's wierd because I usually use pro stock equipment, but i think it gives the best protection.

Those chest flaps need to trickle down to retail. Put it on both sides and we'll cut off the appropriate one. Also Jerome doesn't use the bicep strap on his right arm, presumably so there isn't a strap to shift when he winds up for slappers. Awesome picture, srv2miker.

Rumor has it at NBH that the old Cooperalls will be back. They are producing the pro style paper thin lace ups with the large plastic shoulder caps....I don't think they are in the catalog but some of the NBH reps are bringing them to the First Line dealers. One of the owners here in NY bought a couple sets. Supposedly they are pretty expensive...about $200.

Those chest flaps need to trickle down to retail. Put it on both sides and we'll cut off the appropriate one. Also Jerome doesn't use the bicep strap on his right arm, presumably so there isn't a strap to shift when he winds up for slappers. Awesome picture, srv2miker.

If you look it seems there is a sleeve on that side. His undershirt ir red but there that black thing between it and the pads.

If you look it seems there is a sleeve on that side. His undershirt ir red but there that black thing between it and the pads.

NBH has an Under Armour style shirt that is black with one red sleeve. Team Canada wore similar ones at the Olympics last year.

NBH has an Under Armour style shirt that is black with one red sleeve. Team Canada wore similar ones at the Olympics last year.

I was thinking that it was a under shirt type thing sewn in to replace straps, at least on that one side as it was mentioned that he doesn't fasten that bicep's strap.

Rumor has it at NBH that the old Cooperalls will be back. They are producing the pro style paper thin lace ups with the large plastic shoulder caps....I don't think they are in the catalog but some of the NBH reps are bringing them to the First Line dealers. One of the owners here in NY bought a couple sets. Supposedly they are pretty expensive...about $200.

Not true.

The shoulder pads that you are talking about is an updated SBDIII, but pro-only. Not available to retailers.

Not true.

The shoulder pads that you are talking about is an updated SBDIII, but pro-only. Not available to retailers.

Interesting. Why would they do that as I assume the pro market is small compared to retail and lots of players probably wouldn't pay for them anyway. Do they test market with pro's then later bring it out to retail?

Anyone else know what other pros beside Recchi and Colton Orr rock the Sher-Wood 5030 Tradition shoulder pads aka "the best damn shoulder pads for beer leaguers"?

Ryan Malone and & Mike Commodore.

Anyone know if those NBH Tribals are for sale anywhere yet?

they said during the game the other night that chelios has been wearing the same shoulder pads his entire career. the same exact set.

they said during the game the other night that chelios has been wearing the same shoulder pads his entire career. the same exact set.

That's awesome. Post pics if anyone has them. I'm picturing small black capped Coopers with major stainage.

Not true.

As soon as they get them in the store I spoke about, I will send pics. I won't spend $200 for them, but I will show them when they get in. I was told they will be in around May.

Not true.

As soon as they get them in the store I spoke about, I will send pics. I won't spend $200 for them, but I will show them when they get in. I was told they will be in around May.

In The Vancouver Province (on Christmas Eve), they had an article on the Canucks and their shoulder pads and they mentioned and had a picture of what I think is what you guys in the quotes are talking about. It looked like a real old school shoulderpad, but in the article it mentioned that these shoulder pads would be lined with grip print, have adjustable pads at the bicep area, etc. Basically and old style shoulder pad with new technology.

By chance, does anyone have a line on some large SBDII or Cooper SP700 pads?. I've been looking for a while and can't seem to find any that big.

Watching the B's - Caps game, Ben Clymer was in the box after a fight and he took off his jersey to reveal those laceup Bauers posted in here. I was like, "Hey I know those pads!"

So do you think we will see a return to smaller shoulder pads in retail?

By chance, does anyone have a line on some large SBDII or Cooper SP700 pads?. I've been looking for a while and can't seem to find any that big.

eBay Store Cooper SP650's, size Large

They have the same shoulders and biceps as the SBDII but without the lace-up front.

I have those,, I used to have the SBDII but sold them because they were too big (wrong size), they are essentially the same pad minus the laceup and the button hook attachment system vs. the velcro.

eBay Store Cooper SP650's, size Large

They have the same shoulders and biceps as the SBDII but without the lace-up front.

I have those,, I used to have the SBDII but sold them because they were too big (wrong size), they are essentially the same pad minus the laceup and the button hook attachment system vs. the velcro.

Thanks for the help and info. I found those on ebay as well, but the seller no longer ships to Canada. I'll keep looking.