Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OTHockey96

Pro's shoulder pads

I know some pics of players old crappy shoulder pads have been posted, but I'm wondering if anybody knows what all the big name players like Ovechkin, Naslund, Jagr etc. wear on their shoulders. I usually try not to put too much stock into what the pro's wear because most equp. comes down to personal preference and the pro's get it all modified and for free, but shoulder pads seem so important to me, I just wondered if anybody knows. For anybody else that's interested I do know that Kovalev wears modified innovatives, as does fedorov. Bure wore old vaughn pads. Samsonov wears gigantic jofa's, his dwarf foppa's. Any other info would be appreciated.

Modified Innovative shoulder pads?

J.R. you should know this better than anyone. There is no more Innovative. They are modified Warrior shoulder pads Sucka.

I know Spezza, Naslund, Forsberg, Alfredsson, Johnsson, along with many, many others... wear Jofa.

Gagne, Mike Richards, Kovalchuk, Hossa use Bauer.

Zubov, Modano use Douglas (old football type pads).

Almost all of U of Michigan players wear Bauer 6000...

Tons of pros wear Bauer/Cooper SBDII PRO STOCK shoulder pads, They are a older style lace up shoulder pads that have a white chest pad wih blue trim and hard black plastic shoulder caps. Best shoulder pads for hitting with great range of motion I have 2 pairs (not for sale i use both) I skated during the lockout with alot of Phoenix Coyotes players and nhlers out in phoenix. They all swore by them and said hands down one of the best and most poular amoungest physical nhl players for protection and mobility. A list of players I skated with who had them Shane Doan, Bill Guerin, Mike Comrie, Ian Laperriere, Rhett Warnner, Mark Parrish, Eric Staal (Didn't skate with him just seen pics of him with out a jersey) plus a lot of other guys I skated with. Look on getty images you can see staal's shoulder pads through his white jerseys its The Bauer SBDII's.

I had a pair of these in highschool (10yrs ago) and I absolutely loved them. They are big, so you can't be a finesse player in them. If your were a grinder and take abuse, they were the best pads ever.

I know Spezza, Naslund, Forsberg, Alfredsson, Johnsson, along with many, many others... wear Jofa.

Gagne, Mike Richards, Kovalchuk, Hossa use Bauer.

Almost all of U of Michigan players wear Bauer 6000...

last time i saw the nucks locker room, nazzy had the bauer vapor 10

i have the bauer 6000 pads and i have to say they're not protective at all.

i wouldnt be surprised to see that most players are wearing the sher-wood 5030s either, the old school type shoulder pad. I do know for sure that Colton Orr wears them, that bad ass is a fighter and wears them, thats disgusting.

Pirelli's has a ton of those, Mack. The laceups with Techniflex caps.

Sonamabitch I need to hunt them down, I appreciate the heads-up.

Tons of pros wear Bauer/Cooper SBDII PRO STOCK shoulder pads, They are a older style lace up shoulder pads that have a white chest pad wih blue trim and hard black plastic shoulder caps. Best shoulder pads for hitting with great range of motion I have 2 pairs (not for sale i use both) I skated during the lockout with alot of Phoenix Coyotes players and nhlers out in phoenix. They all swore by them and said hands down one of the best and most poular amoungest physical nhl players for protection and mobility. A list of players I skated with who had them Shane Doan, Bill Guerin, Mike Comrie, Ian Laperriere, Rhett Warnner, Mark Parrish, Eric Staal (Didn't skate with him just seen pics of him with out a jersey) plus a lot of other guys I skated with. Look on getty images you can see staal's shoulder pads through his white jerseys its The Bauer SBDII's.

Couldja post up pics of both of your shoulder pads?

Thanks, Chadd!

Would you and JR recommend this? Mack has already expressed his preference for em.

JR, if you do, I may just grab a pair or 2 from you when I make it over.

Thanks, Chadd!

Would you and JR recommend this? Mack has already expressed his preference for em.

JR, if you do, I may just grab a pair or 2 from you when I make it over.

What size?