Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OTHockey96

Pro's shoulder pads

they said during the game the other night that chelios has been wearing the same shoulder pads his entire career. the same exact set.

eww.

i bet they are worn out and smelly!

im guessing that he uses the same model, not the same exact pair...but if so, props to chelios

eww.

im guessing that he uses the same model, not the same exact pair...but if so, props to chelios

he said the same pair. that he doesn't really sweat much, & it somehow is ok.

I wonder in general how many pros use retail hockey equpment. While he was here in D.C. area, Jeff Friesen came into a local pro shop and baught a couple of lightspeed holders and an old low-level bauer shoulder pad, probobly the 500s. My friend who works there had no idea why a pro would go into a LHS. I think, for expample, that Kovalchuk's pants are retail, as well as the sherwood 5030s. Right?

Would that be concidered a Tax Writeoff as a Business expense? lol

they said during the game the other night that chelios has been wearing the same shoulder pads his entire career. the same exact set.

eww.

He's been wearing the same pair since when he was in high school.

Rumor has it at NBH that the old Cooperalls will be back. They are producing the pro style paper thin lace ups with the large plastic shoulder caps....I don't think they are in the catalog but some of the NBH reps are bringing them to the First Line dealers. One of the owners here in NY bought a couple sets. Supposedly they are pretty expensive...about $200.

Not true.

The shoulder pads that you are talking about is an updated SBDIII, but pro-only. Not available to retailers.

It's true, I had them on myself.

By chance, does anyone have a line on some large SBDII or Cooper SP700 pads?. I've been looking for a while and can't seem to find any that big.

Hockeyworld.com had some SP700 last month, but they still have some of the 650's.

I also found a short article on pro pads that talks a little about the SBD PRO article

By chance, does anyone have a line on some large SBDII or Cooper SP700 pads?. I've been looking for a while and can't seem to find any that big.

Hockeyworld.com had some SP700 last month, but they still have some of the 650's.

I also found a short article on pro pads that talks a little about the SBD PRO article

Those are the pads. I saw pics earlier this wk, will have them on Monday.

i bought the 600's. only $7.99

they're what i had when i was a kid, i felt like being nostalgic.

they still have the 700's, but only in small.

Has anyone seen Pronger's shoulder pads - I watched a game last year and they went into the room when they oilers were suiting up. Pronger had on a pair that looked like they were made from two seperate pairs - both Bauer - one side was like the SBDII and the other was alll white. Do the NHL players have to follow the same equipment adjustment rules the lower leagues have?

That's the article that I mentioned in an earlier post. I can always depend on the kindess of "The Stranger".

I've been reading this forum for a while and just recently signed up, I've been following Jagr since I was 9 or 10 (in my early 20's now). So for years I've wasted a lot of time sifting through photos of Jagr and noticing details of his gear. Thought I'd try to help with this since someone mentioned Jags in this thread.

Prior to this season, Jagr had been wearing an old black pair of low profile Koho shoulder pads, I think he started wearing them during his last season or so in Pittsburgh. Since his shoulder injury and surgery he's gone back to Jofas (if you look at the pictures of him posing in the locker room with his 600th goal puck you can see the Jofa logo through his jersey)

Doing a search for the SBD II's I found these cool pages:

http://www.calgaryflames.com/cgi-bin/news/..._num=0000001133

BTW - When Shanahan fought earlier this year I think I saw he was wearing the Retro Sherwoods.

I was reading those, and Roman Hamrlik says he wear a Reebok helmet for Home games, and a CCM on the road. Thats kind of weird. He also uses a wood stick.

I remember seeing them a few months ago in a post game interview. I'm pretty sure they were old cooper ones, kinda like these ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cooper-SB60D-Hockey-Sh...1QQcmdZViewItem

Got mine -

GREAT pad...a modernized old-school pad. Dri-Fit lining, grip print. Not minimalistic at all - there are some areas of the pad that is bulletproof (especially the clavicle area.)

It comes with two sets of shoulder pads which attaches with Velcro, and you can stagger the heights - a wrap-around one...

pro1.jpg

...and a traditional round one...

pro2.jpg

There is the back side...

pro3.jpg

Grip print...

pro4.jpg

And the way I'm going to wear them!

pro5.jpg

The pads have been available here in europe since 2 years. They are called "SP pro stock".

In some shops they were more than 150€!!

I dont know if they come with the 2nd pair of shoulder caps but from the pics you posted, JR, they seem to be the same pads:

1443.jpg

here you can get them for 108 CHF (= 67€ = 86$):

www.crosscheck.ch